Indy Returns from Refrubishment with a Small Update

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Indy Returns from Refurbishment with a Small Update

Indy went down for a small 4 day refurbishment (10|05|09---10|08|09---Indiana Jones Adventure) and returned with a "new?" AA Indy(the first Indy holding the doors back) see below.

refurbishment list-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=484956

From Rumor-
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...or-refurbishment-2010-a-4.html#post1055601207
Ok I need to clear up some of the confusion. I know exactly what they are changing!

A friend of mine works at Disneyland. He operates Indy from time to time. I don't want to give too much information about him because I don't think he was allowed to tell anyone but for whatever reason he tells me EVERYTHING.

The original plans were to have a major refurb next year to replace ALL the Indy animatronics with more life like animatronics similar to the new Jack Sparrows in Pirates. But instead they are testing ONE of them right now. They are replacing the one that holds the doors at the opening. Right now he stands with his back to the doors. But the new one will hold the doors "facing" them with his left hand sort of "barred" over the doors. When your jeep pulls up he turns around to you and waves his arm and points down the path you are supposed to go. It might actually be the other way around. I think he holds the door with his right arm and points with the left. At least that would make more sense.

So they are only replacing one of them but it sounds pretty cool. I don't know if they are chaning anything else though. I really doubt it because the ride is only going to be closed for a maximum of one week. I don't think they could do much else.

Oh and you guys might know but he tells me a lot how the ride works and all the updates they do. He told me that two of the jeeps actually have newer software and have a much bumpier ride. He wouldn't tell me the numbers of the jeeps though =P I think hes just messing with me because I really want to know! And the reason it breaks down too much is because the technology in the jeeps is more advanced than the track. So usually the computer will try to speak to the track and the track is like,"No way! I'm out!" So when you say the ride is behind the times you're actually totally wrong. Its still too far ahead!

I'm not sure if you guys knew all that or not I just thought I would inform you all
smile2.gif

To happening
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/125217-new-indy-aa-confirmed.html
What was once a rumor has now been corfirmed...I just got off of Indy and the first Indy AA has indeed been replaced with a new one!

Instead of standing with his back against the doors trying to hold them shut, he now has his back to the track, and is holding old door chut with his hand and using the left hand to point you which way to drive. His motions didn't look nearly as fluid as the new AA work so I'm wondering if they are just recycling an old one.

Don't get me wrong... Still looks great!

One thing that I was somewhat confused about was this new lighting effect that is used behind the doors that Indy is trying to keep shut... It looks like these long glittery drapes and are blown around... Those drapes are harshly lit by a bright green light... You'll have to see it for yourself
tongue2.gif

Thanks for reading!

-The Abominable Snowman

Edit- Course we need video/pictures, Ill post them as soon as I come across them/

sponono88

upgrades are always nice - great to see them improving the ride in such a short amount of time (yay 4 day refurbs!) Here's hoping they update the remaining AAs in the future

The new lighting effect behind the doors sounds interesting.. overall great news!

sponono88

Micechat now has a picture up, thanks to user orbitalpunk. includes a picture of the old AA for comparison

link

it looks really good, a very nice update :D the picture also shows the new lighting effect behind the Gates of Doom.

TP2000

I also noticed a lot of the lighting in the ride looked adjusted and really great, especially the big room with the lava pit and the collapsing bridge. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they replaced a lot of the original fixtures with the new LED technology they have been installing in Pirates, Small World, Mansion, etc. in recent years.

The Indy ride overall looks really great! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom