Why doesn't the Norway pavilion light up during Illuminations ??????

vintageepcot

Original Poster
I started noticing that norway never lights up during illuminations and is the only one that lights up. Just seems a little weird to me.

Captain Hank

The official explanation is that Morocco doesn't light up because its main structure is based off of a mosque, and Islamic law forbids the decoration of mosques in such a way. Norway, which came after Morocco, stays dark to balance out Morocco's not lighting up.

EPCOTPluto

The official explanation is that Morocco doesn't light up because its main structure is based off of a mosque, and Islamic law forbids the decoration of mosques in such a way. Norway, which came after Morocco, stays dark to balance out Morocco's not lighting up.
Something I had wondered. Can it also be said the same for the other structures below the Koutoubia Minaret?

And I also always believed that Norway's Stave Church, with the Koutoubia Minaret, was thanks to the religious structuring... ;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Because the lights may reminf the Norwegians of flames, and next thing you know Viking blood pounding they start ransacking World Showcase and ravishing your women and small animals

Phonedave

Because the lights may reminf the Norwegians of flames, and next thing you know Viking blood pounding they start ransacking World Showcase and ravishing your women and small animals

Hey, I'm part Norwegian, and I have never ravished a small animial. You can't prove it. Nobody saw anything. The pictures are all blurry

-dave

EPCOT Explorer

That's a "excuse" for the real reason, though...:D

I've heard that they ran out of funds after Norway was done to add the lighting, seeing that Illumi88 premiered before it opened. :lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, only makes sense, seeing that if they wanted Morocco to have a "mirror" it would be China, or Germany. I forget which.

Exactly. To mirror Morocco in the most accurate sense, Germany would have to remain dark. Money was probably the overriding factor. I do wonder how many people even notice that Morocco and Norway don't light up during IllumiNations... I bet its not that many. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly. To mirror Morocco in the most accurate sense, Germany would have to remain dark. Money was probably the overriding factor. I do wonder how many people even notice that Morocco and Norway don't light up during IllumiNations... I bet its not that many. :shrug:
I do. And it bothers the heck out of me.:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

I do. And it bothers the heck out of me.:lookaroun

Glad I'm not the only one. :lol: I've always wondered why the Tangierine Cafe, the little shop stand next to the Mo'Rockin stage, and the National Treasures Gallery don't light up? Do they have any religous significance that would prevent them from lighting up? :veryconfu

EPCOT Explorer

Glad I'm not the only one. :lol: I've always wondered why the Tangierine Cafe, the little shop stand next to the Mo'Rockin stage, and the National Treasures Gallery don't light up? Do they have any religous significance that would prevent them from lighting up? :veryconfu

RIGHT!!!:lol:

Or, at least have the EXTERNAL lights come on.

Same thing for Norway.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
That's a "excuse" for the real reason, though...:D

I've heard that they ran out of funds after Norway was done to add the lighting, seeing that Illumi88 premiered before it opened. :lol:

You know that I think is the most legit answer and really thats the last show they announced the countries and they would have to change the show to introduce norway. The other shows the buildings were just an effect and in illuminations 25 they used the spotlights instead.

EPCOT Explorer

You know that I think is the most legit answer and really thats the last show they announced the countries and they would have to change the show to introduce norway. The other shows the buildings were just an effect and in illuminations 25 they used the spotlights instead.
It IS the reason.:lol: And yeah, Ilumi25 only had the spotlights...nice, but left something to be desired. Same thing on the NYE Tag.
Ooo, lot of interesting answers here.

But the real answer is of course:

It doesn't matter, since I never noticed it.

:lol:

Bad EPCOT Fan! :p

NiarrNDisney

Because instead of a lighting package they decided to waste the money on a Viking ship that would eventually have to be torn down due to structural issues and rot. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom