Disney Gallery Opens in its New Location Oct. 2

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Opening this Friday in the former Bank of Main Street location which used to house the Annual Passport Processing center(now moved to Plaza Pavilion near Coke Corner and Tiki Room) Its nothing like its old location above Pirates but its better than no Disney Gallery.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_thedisneygallery.html

Bank On It! The Disney Gallery will open Friday, October 2, 2009 in the former Bank of Main Street Building!
Like most, you've probably missed visiting The Disney Gallery on your recent trips to Disneyland® park. Well, good news! the hotspot for viewing original and one-of-a-kind Disney artwork and artifacts is ready to re-open in the fall at its new location - in the former Bank of Main Street, right next to the Disneyland® Opera House.
This new location offers roughly the same amount of area as the gallery's previous home above the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (which is now occupied by the Disneyland® Dream Suite). And, just as before, The Disney Gallery will be made up of three separate rooms - two exhibit rooms and a gift shop. "This will allow us to tell on continuous story, or three separate stories, as we used to in the former gallery," said Kim Irvine, Walt Disney Imagineering and Art Director for this project. She also told us that the unique qualities of the building have been incorporated into the gallery's theme: "We'll maintain the bank look and architecture and visually tell the story that this was an old bank that has been turned into an art gallery. Guests will still see remnants of the old bank influence - like the vault!" So be sure to stop in and visit this longtime favorite attraction and store in its new digs.

TP2000

I checked this new Disneyland location out myself this morning.

WOW! The new Disney Gallery is just gorgeous, with lots of clever bank touches that work well with the "priceless" art and Walt artifacts on display. You can tell they spent some serious money on this new shop/gallery.

And the old bench Walt sat on in Griffith Park watching his girls on the merry-go-round and dreaming of a place where parents and children could have fun together?!?!..... UTTERLY PRICELESS! (Even if there's probably no way to prove that's the actual bench Walt was sitting on when he thought of Disneyland for the first time, it's still a bench from 1940's Griffith Park that Walt sat on and it's a fabulous find!)

The lobby for the new Mr. Lincoln show looks great, and I love what they did with the huge Disneyland 1955 model! I can't wait to see the rest of the lobby and the new Mr. Lincoln show in December!

Overall, a very well done addition to Disneyland USA! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom