Official Waltpaper Contest: BOARDWALK!

joefox97

Original Poster
Alright ladies and gentlemen! (and the rest of you, too)

I know it's been a while, but here it is time to do a photo manipulation WaltPaper contest again! Not to steal any thunder from the photo-taking contest idea (which I think is splendid!)... this is a contiuation of the traditional WaltPaper contest.

The topic for this WaltPaper was chosen by Imagineer99... and the topic is.... drum roll, please..... the Boardwalk! This will be a slightly tougher contest because there aren't nearly as many source photos out there...

Normal contest rules apply --- if you have questions on it, please PM me or send me an e-mail.

Contest deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 19th, midnight EST

Restrictions: 700 x 525, JPG, GIF or PNG formats for stills; animations (which are discouraged just because they don't really fit the theme of the contest to be a true "wallpaper") are either SWF or animated GIF.

All that being said, contest on! Give us your best shots!

Joe (joefox97)

imagineer99

Going to 'da world tomorrow, so I made a quickie:)

Attachments

• boardwalk_waltpaper copy.jpg
    boardwalk_waltpaper copy.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 199

SirNim

That's terrific!

I just made one, too, but it seems that I am not able to post attachments.

Hmm...
Odd.

joefox97

Original Poster
SirNim,

If you can't post attachments, you can put it in your photoalbum and link to it, or you can e-mail it to me, and I'll post it for you, whichever is easier for you.

I'm also going to drop a note to Steve and see if we can fix this forum so that posts can be allowed... hopefully that works out.

Joe

P.S. nice job, I-99!

SirNim

lol

You used the same Waltograph Variation font that I used for mine! haha!

I-99 is not a premium member, but I see he attached his wallpaper directly to the thread.

Should I delete some of my older attachments? Will that allow me to post new ones?

joefox97

Original Poster
Figured I might as well enter, since the number of entries is so low...

And, if you're so inclined, please... GO FIND MORE PEOPLE! :) I'd love to have 30 entries in the contest... might even be able to dig up a prize if we get up to 15 entries.

Joe

Attachments

• Boardwalk-Contest-Entry.gif
    Boardwalk-Contest-Entry.gif
    59.9 KB · Views: 153

SirNim

I think this will finally work. Didn't know what the problem was.

oh well. I wish I could claim credit for the source picture, but I merely found it on the net. It's a nice one too. Maybe it was taken by a WDWMagician. Maybe not.

oh well

Attachments

• sirnim-boardwalk2.jpg
    sirnim-boardwalk2.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 137

imagineer99

These are all great so far:)

It's kinda sad how all these contests have really declined in popularity. We used to get pages upon pages of entires.

Where's the love y'all?

ACE

imagineer99 said:
These are all great so far:)

It's kinda sad how all these contests have really declined in popularity. We used to get pages upon pages of entires.

Where's the love y'all?

I think it's the subjects. Most entries seem to come from contest that feature attractions. I know I find those more interesting. I've never been to the boardwalk and I'm really not interested in it. Maybe we should try something different like a same source photo altering contest or one of the other suggestions given. I dunno. Waddayya think.

:wave: ACE

joefox97

Original Poster
And that's it, folks...

That's it, folks! Thanks to all the entrants. The voting will be up later tonight (or early tomorrow, depending on what time zone you're in).

Winner will pick the topic AND STYLE of the next contest (unless it's way out of the ballpark).

Joe

imagineer99

ACE said:
I think it's the subjects. Most entries seem to come from contest that feature attractions. I know I find those more interesting. I've never been to the boardwalk and I'm really not interested in it. Maybe we should try something different like a same source photo altering contest or one of the other suggestions given. I dunno. Waddayya think.

:wave: ACE

I would say your right...but it wasn't just this topic. For the past 12 or so contests, entries have been declining at an exponential rate.

Besides, the Boardwalk is on of the nicest areas in all of WDW. You can't call yourself a wdw fan if you've never been there....;)

ACE

imagineer99 said:
Besides, the Boardwalk is on of the nicest areas in all of WDW. You can't call yourself a wdw fan if you've never been there....;)

OK I guess I'm not a WDW fan.

ACE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom