Disney Dining Experience cards available to AP holders

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey there!!! Just wanted to let everyone know that the DDE cards are now available to all AP holders, regardless of where they live!!!! That is correct and we get a $25 dollar discount off the price of the DDE program making the cost $50.00!!!!! Basically this program allows you to take 20% off your entire dining and beverage bill at any of the participating restaurants in the Resorts or Theme Parks. More Information can be gotten through Disney's DDE hotline at 1-407-566-5858. They are open 9am -5pm and apparently this program since it has been expanded is becoming VERY popular!!!! Belle

Nicole

Can someone give me a little more info on this program?? If only it had been offered prior to my last two week-long visits! Sounds like a great thing!

AEfx

wannabeBelle said:
Sure do!!!! When I looked up the information it was on Deb Wills' Site www.allearsnet.com The direct link is as follows:
http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
Isnt this just awesome??? Belle

Yes it is, very cool!

I'm not sure it will be worth it to get it in time for my solo trip next week, but on my family vacation in the fall I sure will have it - it's VERY cool that it is good for up to six guests as well.

The restaurants listed on the site (though outdated) seem to be many of the same sit-downs that MYW works at. Although counter service is ignored in the parks, the food courts at the All-Stars are included, so I am assuming it will be at Pop as well. That's a good thing, and a bad thing...good because I like eating there, bad because I will now eat 20% more tie-dye cheesecake. ;)

My only reservation is that I hope this doesn't take away the possibility of giving MYW, or a modified version, to us as well, as we have discussed privately we hope happens. I'd love if they'd give MYW dining to us; even if it had restrictions (you have to buy a certain number of consecutive days) or even if it costs a bit more. It's such a great value - I know I could easily make that $35 worth $65 a day without batting an eye. ;)

So I'm totally happy about this new program availability, and will take advantage of it - but I still hold out hope that we can somehow take advantage of MYW dining too!

AEfx

scorp111

Well I certainly will get a DDE Card before my 10 day trip in the spring. Will easily save double the value of the card, and we don't even do that many sit downs!

AEfx

scorp111 said:
Well I certainly will get a DDE Card before my 10 day trip in the spring. Will easily save double the value of the card, and we don't even do that many sit downs!

You know, I'm running the math now.

Basicly, you need to spend $250 to break even. Now, we don't have an updated list (the one at AllEars is at least two years old - Pop isn't there, and AKL isn't even there, so who knows how old it really is), but without the counter service (except at the resorts) it's a still pretty easy for even two people to break even in a three or four meals.

My trip next week is bugdet - though I have a Fantasmic! package booked and will have a couple of sit-down lunches...grr, I was about to say I don't think it would be worth it for me this time, but since it lasts a year...I may have just talked myself into it. :)

Forget I posted. :)

AEfx, waiting until 9AM to call :)

KevinPage

Yowza, I just paid $60 to renew mine a few months ago.

It's nice that they allow all AP'ers this benefits, but it makes us local elitist Disney snobs feel less special. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how DDE is going to handle the special events, which are usually very limited.

I'm assuming they did this as there isn't a HUGE amount of AP'ers that live outside of Florida.

As long as they keep the 20% discount and free valet parking I'll be happy. :D

KevinPage

Also of note, if anyone visits the town of Celebration, the Market Street Cafe (kinda like a nice diner) gives you 15% discount with the DDE card.

I think I saved more $$$ there than Disney (since we ate there all the time).

AEfx

KevinPage said:
As long as they keep the 20% discount and free valet parking I'll be happy. :D

Kevin, as someone who already does it - I assume it works out for you if you renewed? Is it really 20% drinks and all food?

What are the special events?

And can you tell us any restaurants that aren't on the old list Belle posted that we can use it at?

LOL, sorry to ask so many questions, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of updated info out there about it, probably because it's so small to begin with. I've always known about it, but never paid attention because I wasn't elligible.

AEfx

Ergens2

I actually called last night about something else and was told about DDE. The guest count has now gone up to 10 people in your party or poss even more if you make prior arrangments (sp?) with mangmnt! That could have come in handy for the meet dinner back in Dec! Another little catch the cast member told me was that it is valid from the date issued, not your first use!! Buyer beware!! She suggested to wait until closer to your next trip or get it when you renew your AP. That way you have a better chance of using it for a full year and remembering when to renew! They are saying 4-6 weeks to delv., but if you have a trip coming up sooner they will email you a letter to carry with you as proof or participation. Hope this info helps anyone! She seemed a little flaky :hammer: if ya know what I mean. So I don't know how accurate this info is!
sHELLEY :wave:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey guys I Am working on this and Ill see if I can get a listing of the current restaurants that accept this. The link that I saw did have AKL though as I remember noting that Boma accepted the card, but oddly enough Teppanyaki Grill did not!!! Ill let you know more as soon as I hear anything!!! Belle

Tramp

Ergens2 said:
That way you have a better chance of using it for a full year and remembering when to renew! They are saying 4-6 weeks to delv., but if you have a trip coming up sooner they will email you a letter to carry with you as proof or participation. Hope this info helps anyone! She seemed a little flaky :hammer: if ya know what I mean. So I don't know how accurate this info is!
sHELLEY :wave:

Hopefully, in time, they'll put this program as an add-on to the AP.

I called DDE this morning since I won't be buying the AP until I visit WDW in late July. How do I have a card in hand for my vacation if I have to wait 4-6 weeks?

After I buy the AP at the park, I was told to call DDE to order the DDE card and they would FAX or EMAIL a letter to my hotel or condo or, even, to 'guest relations' of the park of my choice. The letter is as good as the card and is effective upon purchase. (If you go this route, make sure you have a FAX number BEFORE you call to order the DDE card)

I don't understand why the system is so cumbersome, so unlike Disney, but they're doing their very best to make it convenient for us.
The DDE number is 407-566-5858.

Ergens2

wannabeBelle said:
Hey guys I Am working on this and Ill see if I can get a listing of the current restaurants that accept this. The link that I saw did have AKL though as I remember noting that Boma accepted the card, but oddly enough Teppanyaki Grill did not!!! Ill let you know more as soon as I hear anything!!! Belle

You are the greatest! Thanks in advance for your hard work!!

Shelley :wave:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Here's a copy & paste of the info from the WDW web site.

Florida Resident Disney Dining Experience Membership

Join this culinary club which boasts a buffet of benefits. Enjoy invitations to private events, 20% discount at participating Resort and Theme Park restaurants, and party at Pleasure Island for half-price. It's the ultimate Florida Resident food lover's feast.

Call (407) 566-5858† to purchase or renew membership, or to get more information.

Please note that once information for application is received, it takes 2-3 weeks for your card to be processed, mailed, and delivered to your Florida address. Please plan in advance. Disney's Dining Experience is not sold or processed for its immediate use at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Here's the most current list of restaurants participating in Disney's Dining Experience. You can even print this page for future reference.

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, California Grill Lounge, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Buffeteria
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Polynesian Luau (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Area - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant and Bar, Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood

Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Les Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant

Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby

Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island*
Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom