Motown Cafe to close?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
From Screamscape:

Resort News - (12/20/04) Sources tell us that the failing Motown Cafe will shut down for good sometime in January and will be replaced with an all new nightclub called Decades which will have a different musical theme on the different floors. We’ve also heard that there may be some kind of music video format changes taking place at The Groove.

Interesting news. I do wish they'd replace it with another themed restaurant though....

Legacy

I always felt the Motown theme was a bit of a stretch for a resturant. I would LOVE(!!!) LOVE LOVE LOVE(!!!!!!!!!) to see a "Jekyll and Hyde Cafe" from New York move in there. I think the style of show would fit in quite well at CityWalk.

But if that doesn't happen... yeah, CityWalk does need a couple of more clubs, and a variety club would probably be a really good addition.

TowerOfTerror

Legacy said:
I always felt the Motown theme was a bit of a stretch for a resturant. I would LOVE(!!!) LOVE LOVE LOVE(!!!!!!!!!) to see a "Jekyll and Hyde Cafe" from New York move in there. I think the style of show would fit in quite well at CityWalk.
That would be sweet . That's a great idea Legacy :sohappy:

crazydaveh

Motown Cafe isn't the best place, but it's fun at night after a few drinks.

I won't miss it, but they can put something more exciting there!

A rumor going through several places is that EA sports is looking to put something in there. In case you didn't know, EA Sports is headquartered near Orlando and they make the Madden, NCAA, and other games for the PC, PS2 and other consoles.

This would be a neat idea! Who knows if it will happen.

AndyP

When Motown opened they had live acts on downstairs, tables upstairs and downstairs, it was great, we couldn't get in! Now, its a total wreck, when we were there in July, we didn't want to eat there because of the arcade downstairs. Shame I never got to eat there when it was at its glory. If replaced I'd like to see a new restaurant, thats on a par with the Hard Rock, or similar. Afamily environment atleast considering its in the cinema area and so on. I think there are enough clubs and so on, there needs to be more for the family in Citywalk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom