Can we stay at one resort and relax at another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katieanndy

My husband and I are planning a return trip to WDW after our honeymoon 3 years ago. On our honeymoon we stayed at a moderate resort but are not in the same position to put out the extra funds this time. We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing environment of the POR resort last time and would like to visit it and reminice.
Does anyone know if it is possible to stay at a value resort, but relax by the pool of another nicer resort?
When we were thinking about it we thought that it might just be as easy as getting on a bus back to another resort and then staying by the pool with their towels and maybe even eating at their resturant. Anyone tried it?

- Katie

lilclerk

Pool hopping is not allowed, but you are more than welcome to tour any of the other resorts and eat in the restaurants. I love to just sit in the lobby of the Beach Club and soak up the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Pool hopping is not allowed, but you are more than welcome to tour any of the other resorts and eat in the restaurants. I love to just sit in the lobby of the Beach Club and soak up the atmosphere.

Technically, she just said relax BY the pool, not swim in it. So would that still count as "pool-hopping"? :lol:

But ya, from what I understand, everything is allowed except for poolhopping. Certainly anything that requires you to spend money, such as arcades, surrey bikes, etc. And just walking around the resort and trying out the restaraunts.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Im pretty sure at the moderates there wouldnt be any problem, We always stay at Coronado Springs, and I really dont think there would be any way to tell if someone was staying there, or another resort, as long as you arent shouting to the world that you arent "from there". If you arent there to take advantege of the ammenities, but more to just reminice and soak up the surroundings, I really dont see a problem... but thats just me!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Officially, the pool and other such resort amenities are reserved for the use of that resort's guests.

Simply put, pool hopping is a no-no.

With that said, unless there is an issue that arises, it's unlikely anyone will know that you aren't from that resort. If that's what you decide to do, just remember to be respectful of those guests who are staying at the resort.

Upvote 0

draybook

We plan on doing the same thing, sort of. We are going to check in on December 4th and instead of wasting half of a day at the parks, we want to get checked in and then wander around the resorts taking pictures. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?:shrug:

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

We plan on doing the same thing, sort of. We are going to check in on December 4th and instead of wasting half of a day at the parks, we want to get checked in and then wander around the resorts taking pictures. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?:shrug:

Not at all. Resort hopping (especially to Contemporary, Poly, and GF since they are on the monorail line) is very popular for a lot of people looking to see and do something outside of the parks.

It will be especially nice for you since you'll get to see the different holiday decorations at each of the hotels!

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Only some DVC resorts all ow you to really pool hop. But with that said, last summer my son went on the Pirate Adventure at POFQ and my hubby and nephew rented sea racers there so I sat by the pool there and wait the 2 hours for them. I did take a few dips in the pool. We went to the water parks after so why not?:)

Upvote 0

Katieanndy

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies they were very helpful!
My husband and I were just looking for an afternoon at the pool to get away from the kid environment that the value resorts seem to emit. That is our only reservation in chosing a value resort.

Upvote 0

Pete C

Wouldn't posting a CM at the entrance to the pool requiring a room key put an end to pool hopping? I guess turning away non-resort guests is not worth the guest embarrassment and resulting negative view of Disney that the guest will have. Since they don't enforce it, it would seem that Disney doesn't really care THAT much.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

Absolutely. I usually devote a whole day to DTD and resort hopping. I consider it almost like additional parks. Nothing like sitting at the bar in AKL and visiting the savannah, or having a quiet drink by the geyser at Wilderness Lodge. Equally the Boardwalk, Poly, Grand Floridian are great places to just walk around,dine and relax.

I'm trying to get to all the resorts on my next trip, still have to see Saratoga Springs and the new Bay Lake.

now as far as pool hopping...not allowed but not easy to get caught.

Disney does care what we do.

Upvote 0

Lucky

No, but how do you "waste" half a day at the parks?

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We feel the same way this trip. Last trip we bought the 10 day hopper etc and didn't mind "wasting" half a day at the parks. But this time we are taking advantage of the free 5 day military ticket and don't want to use one of those 5 days on only half a day.

Kinda off subject

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

We always resort hop. I love dining, shopping, etc. at all the resorts. The only issue that I would think of using another pool would be of course the Beach and Yacht Club's pool where you need to use your room key to gain access or if a pool is very crowded. If there is a space limitation, then they may ask to see your room key, otherwise I think most pools do not care.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We feel the same way this trip. Last trip we bought the 10 day hopper etc and didn't mind "wasting" half a day at the parks. But this time we are taking advantage of the free 5 day military ticket and don't want to use one of those 5 days on only half a day.

Kinda off subject
OK, I get it now. Depending on what tickets you buy it could be too expensive to spend only a half day at the parks.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

OK, I get it now. Depending on what tickets you buy it could be too expensive to spend only a half day at the parks.

We're going for 13 nights but will only have the 10 day ticket. We have to plan our days out carefully so we don't plan on going more than our ticket allows us. Wish they went back to the length of stay pass. Would be sooo much easier!

I've never pool hopped, but would like to some day. DH is a stickler on following the "rules". Plus we're always afraid we'll get caught. I understand that you pay to stay at your resort and don't want others there, but I think if you're staying on Disney, then why not be able to swim at any Disney pool? :shrug:

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

We're going for 13 nights but will only have the 10 day ticket. We have to plan our days out carefully so we don't plan on going more than our ticket allows us. Wish they went back to the length of stay pass. Would be sooo much easier!

I've never pool hopped, but would like to some day. DH is a stickler on following the "rules". Plus we're always afraid we'll get caught. I understand that you pay to stay at your resort and don't want others there, but I think if you're staying on Disney, then why not be able to swim at any Disney pool? :shrug:

I really hope our kidding. Someone staying at a Value Resort paying $100 a night should not be playing at a Deluxe Resort where someone is paying $300+ a night. I don't care if your a Disney guest or not. Just this past trip 8/5/09 we saw Guests asked to leave the Contemporary pool area who were staying at the Caribbean Beach.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

I really hope our kidding. Someone staying at a Value Resort paying $100 a night should not be playing at a Deluxe Resort where someone is paying $300+ a night. I don't care if your a Disney guest or not. Just this past trip 8/5/09 we saw Guests asked to leave the Contemporary pool area who were staying at the Caribbean Beach.

No, I'm not kidding. I don't see what the big deal is. We've stayed at all levels at Disney before. But like I stated early, we've never done this, but I've always wanted to. We visit the other resorts, mainly monorail resorts, but never have used services meant for those resort guests. But, I honestly don't see what the big fuss is. Lots do it and cm don't say anything and it's not enforced, so why not? :shrug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom