Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise Review

mousefan1972

Original Poster
On Saturday, July 25th my family (me, DH, DD almost 6 and DS almost 4) went on the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise. Wishes was at 10 pm that night, so we were instructed to be at the Contemporary at 8:45. We were told to look on the events board for where to go. The board said the cruise was meeting on the second floor in the ballroom, so we headed up there.

We checked in and were given 4 bandanas that said Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. (and they were too small to wear; we tried) The CM checking us in explained that soon we would go into the ballroom and that food/drinks would be available, and to take as much as we wanted. He also said that Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee would be out to take pictures/sign autographs. There would be a 10 minute warning before heading to the boats, and he stressed that there were no restrooms on the boat. We were given our boat assignment (Hook or Smee; we were in Smee). He told us the cruise would be 1 hour long. We found some seats and waited for them to open up the ballroom. There were a lot of guests waiting with us.

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Once we went inside the ballroom, Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee came out pretty much immediately. We got in line and the kids took a picture with them.

108-1.jpg

Then we went to check out the food. Everything was pre-packaged, and we were encouraged to take as much as we wanted. They had granola bars, Nutrigrain cereal bars, single serving bags of Smartfood popcorn and pretzels, tropical trail mix packages, fruit (oranges and apples), cotton candy, and chocolate coins. Behind the food table was the drinks. They had bottles of water (the small ones), cans of Diet Coke, Coke, and Sprite. They also had coffee.

109.jpg

We had a good bit of time to hang out and eat/drink, then they gave the warnings for the last restroom break. At this point, the two Pirates also came out, Patch and his twin brother Patch. They were absolutely hysterical.

mousefan1972

Original Poster
When it was time to head to the boats, Patch told my daughter he needed her help. She was going to carry the Smee flag and lead us all down to the boat. She was just beaming.

110.jpg

On the way to the dock, Patch told my daughter that she would get a picture taken with him and Mr. Smee as thanks for carrying the flag.

111.jpg

At the dock, we loaded on to the Smee boat and the other group loaded on to the Hook boat. We had assigned seats and were in row 7, which was 2 or 3 rows from the front. The characters did not come on the boats with us. Once we were all on the boat, Patch explained that first we were going to stay on Bay Lake to see the Electric Water Pageant, then we would be cruising to Seven Seas Lagoon to see Wishes. Before the pageant started, Patch tapped my husband on the shoulder and asked him to help him out. They disappeared to the back of the boat.

mousefan1972

Original Poster
After the pageant finished and we started to cruise to Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch yelled out that we had a very special guest on board: Capt. Jack Sparrow! Yup, my DH. It was sooooo funny. I won't post details so I don't ruin it for those of you going, but I nearly split my side laughing.

116-1.jpg

Once Patch and DH finished the Jack Sparrow schitck, it was almost time for Wishes. Patch recognized those on board who were celebrating birthdays or anniversaries, then we all sang "Yo, ho, Yo ho a Pirates Life For Me" Wishes then began, and they had the audio piped into the boat. The view was fantastic.
120.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
As we cruised back to the Contemporary after Wishes, Patch entertained us with trivia. When someone got a question right, they were given a trinket. He gave out pirate hooks, swords, cups, etc. Once back at the dock, Peter Pan was waiting for us. We headed down the path for a meet and greet with him. Luckily were were one of the first ones off the boat so we only had a few people in front of us in line.

129-1.jpg

With that, the cruise was over.

It was very fun and definitely worth the expense. I highly recommend it.

Unomas

Great review! I really got a feel for what this experience has to offer. Something like this would definitely be fun if I had children to take to Disney World. However, the beginning part at Contemporary seems a little rough and unfinished. I may be wrong. Either way, looks like a lot of fun.

Tiggerfanatic

Sounds fun! And it explains the Smee and Hook sighting when I stayed @ the Contemporary last year.:veryconfu My nephew and I had gone down to check with the front desk on something, and ran right into the 2 of them in the lobby! They stopped and shook Stephen's hand, then continued on up the stairs.

HookSmee

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! Wasn't sure at first, but now I can't wait to do this when I go down. Sign me up!

Thanks for the review. :sohappy:

-Steve

fauna

It sounds like a lot of fun! I was thinking about doing this when we go in November. Do you think it would be fun for an 8 and 12 year old or is it really geared for younger kids?

maggiegrace1

LOVE it Kristin..is she not just happy as can be holding that flag?!:D

They are so cute!

Glad you guys had a great time..:sohappy:

Oh, and Maggie got a postcard from Mickey and Minnie today..;) :kiss:
She was in heaven!:)

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Sounds like a blast !

It sure was, Steve!

Welcome back Kristin - sounds like you guys had a blast!

Thanks, Betty! We did!

Is there a discount for Annual Pass holders?

When I asked, I was told no.

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! Wasn't sure at first, but now I can't wait to do this when I go down. Sign me up!

Thanks for the review. :sohappy:

-Steve

Sure, no problem!

sounds like fun, but not worth $53 per person. great fireworks from the boat, but i can do it for free at poly beach.

True, but there was a lot more to it than just the fireworks. :animwink:

It sounds like a lot of fun! I was thinking about doing this when we go in November. Do you think it would be fun for an 8 and 12 year old or is it really geared for younger kids?

No, I don't think it was really geared towards younger kids. If your kids like pirates, being loud/silly, and being up late, they will love it!

We don't have children. How would a couple of adults enjoy?

See above!

Patch drove the boat?

I don't recognize him from watercraft.

No, he didn't drive. There was a regular skipper on board driving.

LOVE it Kristin..is she not just happy as can be holding that flag?!:D

They are so cute!

Glad you guys had a great time..:sohappy:

Oh, and Maggie got a postcard from Mickey and Minnie today..;) :kiss:
She was in heaven!:)

:sohappy: Glad to hear it.

And thanks... yes, she was so damn cute with that flag. They really did a good job.

heartodisney

THAT WAS GREAT! Thanks for pics and sharing this! We recongnized "Patch"...we saw him in the Hoopy De Do Review back in 07! The guy IS funny! Again...thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom