"The New Fantasyland" Thread Summary

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
That thread has gone WAY off topic and it is so long-time for a summary

What might happen based on the plans:

EXISTING FANTASYLAND
Snow White and Pooh ques possibly updated/changed.

Castle Wall just above Carousel,dividing the village/fair part of the land from the "Enchanted Forest" princess area.

Existing attractions will be updated to be put on par with their counterparts in Anaheim,Tokyo and Paris.They might also see the use of RFID technology allowing characters to say the names of guests,among other things.

UPPER FANTASYLAND
Little Mermaid Ride takes most of sub plot. Facade differs from DCA.

Aurora and Cinderella "attractions". Meet&Greets-highly interactive.

A "Be Our Guest" restaurant, "Gaston's Tavern".

Near Be Our Guest is an area labeled "Belle Attraction" Again,a highly interactive Meet&Greet.

Pooh area-taken down to a meet and greet.

TOONTOWN FAIR AREA
Dumbo Area with 2 Dombo spinners and interactive carnival game area taking most of toontown.

Pixie Hollow area next to dumbo area.

Barnstormer Stays-Unknown theme. Blurry writing on plans-Cheese Coaster? Most likely Casey Jr.

OTHER INFO
We heard that if these plans are real that people high up in the company went around lower people to try and get this done.

We heard meetings were held in the company and notices sent out about these plans being leaked.

We also heard D23 was angry as this was 1 of the announcements at the Expo.There still might be a possibility of this happening,as models of upcoming projects will be there. Also,some in the know people have said fans will be satisfied with what is announced.

Al Lutz has backed the plans,he has many sources in the company.

Cast Members reported areas that were previously avalible to them(bus stops and other areas) have been closed off and consruction has started.

If the label on Barnstormer says "Cheshire Coaster" it is speculated that the surrounding area will be come "Wonderland".

CONFIRMED AT D23 EXPO!

Underlined text is recently updated or added.

Red text is not announced or confirmed at expo.

Green text has been confirmed.

I will update this as we hear more. If I made a mistake, let me know please.:)

Please Visit the Upcoming/Rumoured Projects Thread for other info on projects throughout the resort here-[http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=421792

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know if I should be annoyed with this thread or happy we are getting back on track.:lol::lookaroun:dazzle:

Should be mentioned that Al Lutz is behind the project in a sense...

JustInTime

It seemed like they were still talking about fantasyland on the other thread...I didn't really see a major drift. I am still going to read and post in the old one. There are some awesome posts there.

EPCOTPluto

And they're furious about the "leak". :lookaroun

I actually like this. Most of the info was lost somewhere in those 141 pages.

jedimaster1227

In a new article, he says that the D23 people were going to announce it.

Like it or not, things get leaked. D23 was leaked almost two months before its announcement to the fan community (and many knew the details about it almost a year before the marketing campaign started).

Sure, Disney is mad about the situation--and they have every right to be. This was going to be a crowning jewel for the Walt Disney World contingent hoping to get something significant on our coast, considering the amount of hoopla and press DCA has received. And honestly, I believe the announcement still will be. They'll end up releasing more details than they originally planned (thanks to the leak) to help add some spice to the announcement, and by doing so, they'll recapture their moment.

The fan community has a knack for spoiling big surprises when it comes to Disney's announcements, but I've yet to see Disney truly falter in their responsive volleys. Our community serves, and they spike back with something no one else expected. And that is why the D23 Expo announcements will still be as much of a success as Disney hoped, if not more (provided the announcements are still made).

EPCOT Explorer

Like it or not, things get leaked. D23 was leaked almost two months before its announcement to the fan community (and many knew the details about it almost a year before the marketing campaign started).

Sure, Disney is mad about the situation--and they have every right to be. This was going to be a crowning jewel for the Walt Disney World contingent hoping to get something significant on our coast, considering the amount of hoopla and press DCA has received. And honestly, I believe the announcement still will be. They'll end up releasing more details than they originally planned (thanks to the leak) to help add some spice to the announcement, and by doing so, they'll recapture their moment.

The fan community has a knack for spoiling big surprises when it comes to Disney's announcements, but I've yet to see Disney truly falter in their responsive volleys. Our community serves, and they spike back with something no one else expected. And that is why the D23 Expo announcements will still be as much of a success as Disney hoped, if not more (provided the announcements are still made).

Fine by me.:lol: As long as we get the info, and tons of it...:lol:

In fact, all the better that it was leaked. Like you said, they can announce more, now.

EPCOTPluto

You know, they can easily build a Blue Sky Cellar somewhere in WDW...

2ql926v.jpg

Places I can see it in:

Main Street Exposition Hall back area
Innoventions
Under the Sorcerer's Hat or in New York Street
Former Pizzafari AP Lounge or Pocahontas Stage
Former Virgin Megastore :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

You know, they can easily build a Blue Sky Cellar somewhere in WDW...

2ql926v.jpg

Places I can see it in:

Main Street Exposition Hall back area
Innoventions
Under the Sorcerer's Hat or in New York Street
Former Pizzafari AP Lounge or Pocahontas Stage
Former Virgin Megastore :lookaroun

JII Upstairs Imageworks...:lookaroun

karshbmt

Its not mentioned in the list above and I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the huge amount of pages in the previous thread, but on the blueprint, under the kitchen area for the "Be Our Guest Restaurant", there is a Belle Attraction as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom