Celeb sitings at WDW

Jessica618

Original Poster
Anyone ever run into someone famous at one of the parks?

I always thought it would be super-cool to see the rich and famous munching down on a turkey leg or grabbing a Fast Pass for Soarin'.

The closest experience I ever had was back in 1999 I saw two of the guys from a rather obscure British boyband (anyone remember BB Mack?) on IaSW.

pluto1964

Was there last year for the Christmas Parade taping and got to see David Cook. Miley Cyrus was there the same day but missed her (daughters were upset over that).

Chevross

We've had this topic before but I just love rambling on about the same thing.

A while back I actually ran into Tom Bergeron, the host of AFV. I wasn't paying attention and just bumped into him. He had a group of people around him and they were watching us like I was going to attack him or something (security?) I just apologized and he just laughed it off and we shook hands and I got a picture, I'll try to find it if I can.

My last trip I saw John Travolta walking out of BTMRR. He had a swarm of people around him so I just watched as he walked by.

That's it.

Jessica618

Original Poster
Aww! Seeing THE Hannah Montana herself at WDW would have been the cream on the cake for them!:(

Gives you a good reason to go back though!:ROFLOL:

mousebymarriage

Aww! Seeing THE Hannah Montana herself at WDW would have been the cream on the cake for them!:(

Gives you a good reason to go back though!:ROFLOL:
My DD12 got to ride splah mountain with Miley Cyrus a couple of years ago. Miley had to ride it over and over and over again because they were filming it for some kind of video(I'm not sure which). My daughter later bumped into her on the way to the restroom by splash (I think Miley was going in to dry off a bit) but, my daughter didn't ask for an autograph because she didn't want to bother her.

Mikester71

Steven Tyler from Aerosmith riding *wait for it - SURPRISE -* Rock N Rollercoaster at DHS! :ROFLOL:

He jumped on just before we boarded and we saw him walk through the store after the ride.

DisneysRedHead

Aww I wish I could say I have seen someone famous that I knew. I was at DisneyQuest once and saw a woman and her child being accompanied by special CMs or security or something. I think we decided it was some sport stars wife or something but I have no idea who. I'll have to keep my eyes wide open next vacation.

I_heart_Tigger

My niece just found out that the Jonas brothers have some shows in Florida when we're there. She's hoping they go to WDW and we get to see them.

Actually, she was HOPING we would go to the concert...I told her that she and my sister can go but that there's no way in heck I'm going to a Jonas brothers concert....I'm an old school rock-n-roll chick... in the last year I've seen AC/DC, Paul McCartney, Kiss, Elton John (got an autgraph!), Ozzy Osbourne (got an autograph and a photo with him!), Motley Crue and Rob Zombie can you imagine me telling my friends I've added The Jonas Brothers to the list :lol:

I've seen a few celebs at Disney, apparently Brett Farve (sp?) is some of of a sports person with a big fugly looking ring, I mentioned that his ring looked heavy and he took it off and let me try it on (then I called my sister and asked who the heck Brett Farve is) :shrug:

I saw Micheal J Fox and his wife Tracy, they were staying at the Beach Club Villas and my friend that worked there had to help them out with getting some supplies they needed, she said they were super nice.

Saw Bryan Adams perform at PI, Celine Dion:hurl::hurl::hurl:, that guy that played Webster, and Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers (he was also at PI), was in the audience for a taping Of Regis and Kathi Lee (yes it was a while ago) and saw Drew Carey a few different times.

MUTZIE77

Two years ago I was watching the Packers Vs.Cowboys game at the ESPN Zone by Boardwalk, and Jessica Simpson was sitting behind us with her entourage watchin Tony Romo play. One of her friends was drunk off her , and while walking back from the bathroom, somehow fell straight back and smacked her head. She got up and fell again. There was a big hooplah and the ambulance had to come pick her up. Jessica never stopped watching the game. I am pretty sure she was there to film the Christmas Parade.

SinginSarah

I've met Akon. Story time:

Akon came to Animal Kingdom with his kids one day. His kids wanted to ride in the parade but Akon didn't. I was working costuming for parade that day, and one of the jobs costuming has for MJJP is to give the guests riding in the parade their vests and hats. I had that job on that day.

So anyway, I knew who Akon was, but I didn't really know what he looked like, so of course I didn't recognize him. I just remember there being a guy in leather pants (in 80 degree weather) with a VIP tour guide and some other people along with his children and a nanny.

I get everyone dressed for parade and step out to Dawa Bar to watch the parade as I'm supposed to (checking for wardrobe malfunctions and all that). After the parade passes Dawa, I usually have a good 20 minutes to wait until it goes around and comes back and I have to collect the guest overlays. So Akon and his people go out to see the parade as well with their tour guide, and I go back to the spot just outside of the gate where the guests wait to be loaded onto the floats. Soon enough they come back and sit and wait with me.

So here I am sitting next to Akon, having no clue who he is or that he's famous, and I'm just making small talk. I believe I mentioned somethin about him wearing leather pants in that heat, and I remember telling him he looked good in them, but damn, leather? And he had on really cool shoes and I mentioned that. Neither he nor any of his group ever let on that he was anyone famous, so I was clueless.

After the parade comes back and I'm collecting everything, a character attendant who is helping me comes back and says "Wow, I didn't recognize him at first!" And I was all "Who?"

Yeah... so now I brag that I got to meet and chat with Akon, even though dork that I was I had no idea who he was.

BrerPete

Kathie Lee Gifford like seven years ago at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I don't know if they yelled at her to finish her vegetables.

captainkidd

We met Samantha Brown at Fort Wilderness a few years back. We were all waiting to go into the Hoop Dee Doo. She was incredibly nice and offered to take a picture with my step son:

joviacdan
[/URL][/IMG]

EPCOTPluto

Susan Lucci at Soarin' one night for the last annual ABC Super Soap Weekends.

I wondered why the middle front hang glider looked empty.

Weird was she wore a very elegant ruffled red dress covered with a sweatshirt. Got a photo and all.

Was really nice since my mum happened to be a AMC & Susan Lucci fan from the '70s. :)

disneygirl1

When we were there a few years back, we saw the entire cast of Who's line is it Anyway? at MK... I believe they were taping a show there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom