Be Wary of The Seralago Hotel!

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
A couple of neighborhood friends came back from a week trip to the Seralago Hotel not too long ago, which is a few miles from the exit to Magic Kingdom, in south Kissimmee. There, (mind you, it was an off-season trip), they booked a room that was available with the lowest rates as possible to save a bundle. But what happened, according to them, was a week's stay in one of the far-away-as-possible rooms, and were never told it would be a shoddy, dirty place with 1970's TV, VCR recorder, and bathroom. It even sold adult films in the lobby, next to kid's flicks. :eek: I was told they will never resort to that hotel again and plan to talk to the manager of the hotel ASAP. Of course, this was from what I remember them telling us about it, so it's not as detailed. Just saying be wary of such a hotel.

heartodisney

A couple of neighborhood friends came back from a week trip to the Seralago Hotel not too long ago, which is a few miles from the exit to Magic Kingdom, in south Kissimmee. There, (mind you, it was an off-season trip), they booked a room that was available with the lowest rates as possible to save a bundle. But what happened, according to them, was a week's stay in one of the far-away-as-possible rooms, and were never told it would be a shoddy, dirty place with 1970's TV, VCR recorder, and bathroom. It even sold adult films in the lobby, next to kid's flicks. :eek: I was told they will never resort to that hotel again and plan to talk to the manager of the hotel ASAP. Of course, this was from what I remember them telling us about it, so it's not as detailed. Just saying be wary of such a hotel.
:rolleyes:ANOTHER reason to stay on site! Thank you for the info!

stevieg639

Wow what a horrible place to say. Also do not stay at Home Suite Home. You may get a deal for a room but you might come out with things you did not have before.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
heartodisney: You're welcome! I was stunned as well.
stevieg639: Bad rooms? Worse pricing? Horrible service? :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Interesting. I think that it actually improved 85%. That bedroom and crib in one photo reminds me of the Seralago Hotel described to me recently, though. And considering that lower Kissimmee is also a place of crime activity, I will still pass.

I stayed there in 2007 I have no complaints. It was a tad dated but all we just used the place for a base whilst going to the parks etc.
we was located right at the back of the hotel, but no problem for us they probably put us there because we looked 2 hell raisers! lol

The staff were very friendly, and there was always security wandering around. I would have no problem staying there again. It is very cheap and if people think they are going to get a hotel on the Grand Floridian standard then they are going to be very dissapointed.

chanegang

Wait... so does this mean it's closed down already?

If not, then it's still relevant for today. :)

I meant it changed ownership, they put a lot of money into renovations and hired a new management team. The comedian in the video does these spoofs all over Orlando. Albeit they are funny, I don't think it's fair to trash local businesses who are trying to make it in this economy. I would hate to see more workers lose their jobs like so many have at Disney this year.
That's all.;)

meekoman

We stayed there one night in April. I have to say that it looks identical to the way it looked 25 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn, except they did paint once or twice. That doesn't say much.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
I meant it changed ownership, they put a lot of money into renovations and hired a new management team. The comedian in the video does these spoofs all over Orlando. Albeit they are funny, I don't think it's fair to trash local businesses who are trying to make it in this economy. I would hate to see more workers lose their jobs like so many have at Disney this year.
That's all.;)
It does explain why Home Suite Homes look better now than first posted on Youtube. Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom