Dave's Semi-Annual Photo Contest #2 - Halloween

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Alrighty Campers.... Its that time again.

No, not another hurricane! Time for a new contest. This time, its time for the ghosts, goblins and ghouls to come out, its a halloween photo contest.

Same basic rules as before - Must be your own work. Post JPG no bigger than 640 on the big side. And thats it. It does NOT have to be Disney related, however it will gain major brownie points if it is and will be an ultimate deciding factor in the end. Just as last time, you didnt have to have people in the photos, but it helped (Before you ask, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal will be disqualified. Why? Because i said so and its my contest.)

Other Rules - Must be tasteful. Anything that is, well, crude, rude or doesnt fit the general terms of service of this board will be tossed from this, future contests and subject to Steve's whim. Anything you think is borderline about please PM it to me first and I'll give the yeah or Ney on it.

Also, No replacing entries. Once you enter a photo, thats it. Also one entry per person.

So We're gonna let this one go a little while, so you can go out and take a cool photo for this. Deadline - October 30, 2004 at 11:59 PM Eastern.

And to the Winners.... Johnny, Tell Them What They Could Win:

Honorable Mention: You took a really Cool Photo, Pumpkin-Head!

Second Place: (Halloween Candy... Maybe)
First Place: (Something from MNSSHP)

But were not in this for prizes, right? We're in this to take really cool pictures and show them off.

SirNim

Sounds neat Dave!

The deadline is reasonable... later on into October there will be plenty of opportunities to snap away.
:)

se8472

MountainOct31small.JPG

Keeping true to my baby:D
where did everyone go?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
PhotoDave219 said:
(Before you ask, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal will be disqualified. Why? Because i said so and its my contest.)

Booooo!!!! :mad:

J/K.... :lol:

This should be an interesting contest....will have to go through the memory cards to find a nice photo.

no2apprentice

A question, oh mighty Judge Dave (kind of has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? :) ). Will subject matter be more important than technical quality?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
You have a month, take your time. Post what you think is your best photo that fits the theme. Subject matter and technical quality are weighed equally. Dont rush it folks....

darthdarrel

WEll I don't know if this qualifies, but this was the sky before the Hurricane hit at Pop century, Quite eerie and yet ominous! :lookaroun

Attachments

• 112552.jpg
    112552.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 292

Figment1986

hmmm... he disqualified HHN... but not HOS... hmm oh well... Hows your opinion on Marching bands???

Cause i can easily take my large card and fill it up/kill my batteries from that....

If only i had an idea....

tdoe62773

Wonderful Photograph!

You have really captured the detail of The Hauted Mansion during Halloween season! I feel like I am right there. Good luck in the contest and I hope you win! :sohappy:

popkid

I must've been standing right by ya DizWiz :)

Actually, this was shot from the Haunted River Ride (or whatever its called) using the railing as a tripod with my old (RIP) Sony DSC-S70.

Attachments

• DSC00033_small.jpg
    DSC00033_small.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 206

DizWiz

Wow, popkid! First class shot! Much better angle on the HM! I'm jealous. :)

I like yours too, mkt. Great subject and shot.

I can't wait to see everyone else's photo as we near the end of the contest. They should get even better.

General Grizz

My submission is the Haunted Mansion building, but if anyone thinks the Goofy/Scarecrow is any better, let me know. :lookaroun :D

Attachments

• hauntedmansion.jpg
    hauntedmansion.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 184
  • halloween.jpg
    halloween.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 188

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
As long as you can do it in a darkroom, im cool with it. (A newspaper type darkroom, not a 1950s era Russain darkroom :D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom