Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

hardcard

Original Poster
Just FYI, passed by SM twice in the past few days, and there is a TON of scaffolding behind the show building, as well as a scrap metal trailer bin with metal poking out of the top... in other words.. it looks like the refurb is moving full speed ahead..

Additionally, there are wooden crates, and other heavy equipment scattered near the side entry gate..

Just an update....

SirGoofy

Just FYI, passed by SM twice in the past few days, and there is a TON of scaffolding behind the show building, as well as a scrap metal trailer bin with metal poking out of the top... in other words.. it looks like the refurb is moving full speed ahead..

Additionally, there are wooden crates, and other heavy equipment scattered near the side entry gate..

Just an update....

Thanks for the update!:wave:

The Conundrum

Just an update....

Someone should take pics from the monorail you can see the whole backside from there

Well...unless that stupid DVC building now blocks the view :mad:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks for the post.... try and snap a few photos. You know we would get our kicks out of seeing a dumpster full of metal. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
No need for that.
Just drive around there...stop the car...snap away.:D
If nobody does it first, I will in a couple weeks.
Since Im....

Estimated Time: 8 hours 54 minutes Estimated Distance: 535.80 miles

away from said SM, I would appreciate any locals grabbing a few shots for me.

:wave:

disneydata

This always happens for EVERY refurb I have seen, and I guarantee this is what will happen here.

The minute the ride/show closes, BVCC starts full-steam and guts and works on everything. It goes well for a while, then it slacks off. Overtime from both sides (BVCC and Disney) is scarce, so work slows down, if it's going on at all. Pretty soon, the crunch time approaches and the deadline must be met, so the work goes on as fast as possible with corners cut and things getting done with less attention than they should have. The work is always behind at this stage, so everyone is scrambling to get things done. The ride/show opens before everything is complete because the bean-counters say the ride MUST be open and work is still going on for days/weeks afterward.

*sigh* ... this is getting old. What ever happened to the QUALITY work and making sure everything was spotless before opening day?

/rant

Sorry, I needed that.

hardcard

Original Poster
May be going out to studios for a bit tomorrow evening.. if i get a chance, I'll take a few pics.. I'm afraid it's not THAT exciting though :)... not like you can see any ladders yet or anything ;)

jt04

This sounds like more than just removing track from the supports. Perhaps this is the total gutting many were hoping for. It will be interesting to see what those scraps look like.

MousDad

This sounds like more than just removing track from the supports. Perhaps this is the total gutting many were hoping for. It will be interesting to see what those scraps look like.

So they wouldn't need scaffolding and a dumpster to remove just the track? Or is it the crates that seal the supports' doom?

dreamfinder

*sigh* ... this is getting old. What ever happened to the QUALITY work and making sure everything was spotless before opening day?

/rant

Sorry, I needed that.

Not that I disagree with you that it should be done up to standards, but even Disneyland under Walt himself wasn't spotless. I believe there was a mound of dirt just sitting there that people thought was an attraction. (Or so goes most accounts I have read)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom