Kelly & Johnny D's Wacky Disney Hijinx! Day 7

The last two days of vacation for us are always hectic as we try to get everything in that we want to get in. And it’s always a life changing event, choosing which show to end the vacation with: Fantasmic, Illuminations or Wishes. SIGH Such a dilemma! So we decided that we wanted to end with Wishes and since we had planned on seeing Fantasmic Friday night and obviously Charley had other plans, we decided we needed two Fantasmics and would watch both of the shows tonight. Makes sense right? So we began the day with my first time ever at Kona Café in the Polynesian. I felt guilty doing this as it potentially could have cut into park time on the last two days and the horror of that nearly scared me away but JD insisted because he knew I really wanted to try some Tonga Toast. We were seated right away and breakfast came not 10 minutes later. JD had the French toast which was not as fully cooked as he likes, we like everything well done, right down to our toast. But he managed to eat it. I, however, was enjoying every bite of my Tonga Toast, it was awesome. Like a giant cinnamon and sugar covered fried dough with bananas! I can’t even imagine what the diet police would do had they seen me taking a bite of that. But no diets’ here, we’re on vacation! After breakfast we headed over to Animal Kingdom. Kali River Rapids were still closed so we rode Dinosaur again, 2 more times. I will never get sick of this ride, I love it. Then we played a game of roller dino, which we lost at again, the streak is officially over. We went on the Dino Whirl after getting fastpasses for the rollercoaster. This was the first time we saw the boy dino, Chester, running around in Dinoland. Funniest thing, this guy who was so not a Disney Dad was walking around with a huge pout on his face, obviously ed at something or someone. Well Chester comes running up behind him and nails him on the head like he ate him so all you could see was the guys face! He was not amused but his family made him stay that way to get photos and we were dying laughing, especially since he looked completely and utterly miserable at that moment. After we spun, we went over to Kali River Rapids which was finally moving. I ended up getting completely drenched with this poor little girl next to me. Apparently the bad place to sit is whoever goes first down the drop! So I’m sopping so much that people waiting in line are going “oh my god I’m not sure we should ride if we’re going to get that wet”. I never fully dried from this as we rode the dinoland rollercoaster. We decided to leave this park and get over to MGM since I wanted to ride RRC and we wanted to make sure there were still fastpasses available. We get over there and I’m still wet, except now it was a mixture of not being able to dry off and sweat since today was without a doubt the hottest day of our entire vacation, the sun just would not let up. I was embarrassed because there are no wet rides in MGM so it just looked like I peed myself, hopefully people understood the logic of park hopping… ;) We got my fastpasses for later that night and wandered and got pictures with the characters and just missed the Millionaire show so we decided to head over to the Backlot tour. As we were walking up the ramp we thought we would be at the tail end of the starting show so we were amazed at our luck as we began to jog up the ramp when all of a sudden “THESE TWO WILL BE PERFECT!” huh? Us? We look and it’s the ride op opening the side door and saying come this way. Now I’m thinking What Luck! JD is saying NO NO NO NO. They almost had to drag him and told him it would not be that bad. So here I am with a big dopey grin on my face laughing and talking to the CMs and JD is as white as a ghost at the prospect of being in front of people. I tell him to calm down, it’s not like he has to talk to anyone. And we get into our rain gear. The CMs were really nice and talked to us about Boston because one of them had been up here to visit a friend a couple years back at Northeastern and loved it; we do have a great nightlife in this town. He took some photos of us and the couple we were chosen with in our raingear then it was time for our close up. Being evil (like I would DEFINITELY have been) the CM chose John to be the “engineer” because he was the most nervous and the only one who did NOT want to be there. I was the captain and the other couple were the deck crew. Problem was with the hood on I couldn’t hear any of my directions so I know the video must have looked really funny because all I really did was duck and come up really slowly after the first bomb hit and all I could hear was laughter in the audience and not the CM telling me to pick up the phone and use the binoculars. I got to watch from the side as JD got drenched by tons of water hahaha poor guy! But Bravo for doing it! Then we were done and got to take our bow. Wish we hammed it up a little more when we saw the next show, they were a riot!! On the Backlot tour we got to see the stunt show stage as the covering that hides it from people was taken down due to Charley so we got some great pictures that I will post as soon as I get them up. After this I started to feel woozy. The sun was beating down so hard, I was light headed and it just kept getting worse. No problem, maybe if I eat something I’ll feel better? So we went to the Backlot Express again. I ate 2 chicken wings and thought I was going to pass out again. I had two glasses of water, just couldn’t get my head right but I didn’t want to leave so when JD suggested it I kept saying no. But being the great boyfriend that he is, he made us leave and go back to the hotel to rest (on our 2nd to last day!! But it needed to be done). In the parking lot we couldn’t find our car. Not a good combination because it is 10x hotter in the parking lot than in the park and I was scared if face hit pavement that would be a 3rd degree burn! Finally found the car and went back to Coronado for an hour long nap. Up, showered to cool down and back to MGM in time for my fastpasses for RRC. That is tied for 2nd best in my opinion (after Dinosaur!) with TOT. I still can’t decide which I like best. I got to ride front row which was a great experience and got to ride a second time with John’s AP. I feel like he could ride this and TOT because they may have drops and flips, but they are really smooth. But he needs some peer pressure. After this we went on Millionaire twice. Not as good as the first guy but it was pretty funny still. I got on the board both times and so did JD, us Disney’s are smart cookies, or it could be we just have a ton of useless knowledge… ;) The second time around I had to choose between this and Muppets which was a very difficult choice but the chance for a Disney cruise proved too much to pass up, no muppets store for moi. Somewhere in this Day we went to see Beauty and the Beast but I forget where, best show! But I miss Hunchback. After Millionaire we stopped in the villains shop and I got a candy apple while JD got an ice cream from scoops and we went to our first viewing of Fantasmic! I love the added fireworks when Mickey appears and disappears. It started to rain and lightening and they still played the whole show both times. The second show was awesome too, loved being able to see two shows in one night!

Next up… Ticky Tacky Ticky Tacky Oi Oi Oi! and goodbye for know MK

Wackiness concluded on day 8
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=718926#post718926

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom