Kelly & Johnny D's Wacky Disney Hijinx! Day 5

Sunday, August 15

We woke up early, showered (notice we take 2 showers a day? You have to in this Florida humidity!) and planned to eat breakfast at the Pepper Market. We got there and were shown to a nice table under an umbrella but quickly figured out that what we wanted would easily be $10 each plus 10% gratuity. JD says “We can eat at Boma for that price AND get that juice. That was good!” I keep my mouth shut because he’s the picky eater and I’m not. But then he goes “Hey, it’s vacation let’s go!” so off to Boma AGAIN! We rationalized that we wouldn’t be eating lunch so we really aren’t spending more money, which turned out to be true. Our waitress was really slow this time around but we got larger glasses of Frunch so it was OK. I ate 2 bear claws, a pecan roll and some of that awesome sausage/biscuit stuff I mentioned on day 2. So good! But I’d never get all that food if it wasn’t a buffet! JD again got waffles, bacon, sausage, pancakes and more of the same. We also had fruit. One of the few times we actually had anything remotely healthy the entire stay! We left and headed right over to AK right as it opened. Had to wait in a very very big crowd to get my bag checked. Lady in front of me was not very nice and yelled at her husband in public and stormed off with her kid to go a different route with the carriage. Just as I’m thinking “glad I don’t make scenes” and just as we are heading over the bridge to the Kilamanjaro Safari JD says he forgot the camera in the car. I’ve been saying all vacation we will not leave the camera in the car because it’s my mothers, it’s too hot in the car and you never know what could happen not to mention filchers! So then I have my mini breakdown at him and he goes to get the camera and is now mad at me. Who blames him?? Can anyone see my side on this? Nope, didn’t think so, I was a jerk. I still feel bad about that. At least though we had the decency to keep it all under our breath, we didn’t get any stares thank god! I have quite the temper if things aren’t going my way and can be a Witch remove the W replace with B. So while he was heading back to the parking lot all the way to the Unicorn Section, the selfish evil troll (that being ME) got to ride the safari. How does that work out to be fair? I dunno. After my safari where I didn’t see too much, I met him in the air conditioned store in that section and we went to ride again with our fastpasses and a giraffe came toward our car! I love the giraffes. One time it licked my arm but that was 5 years ago, they have never come close since. We tried to go to Asia on the raft ride but it was broken down and the CMs admitted they have no idea what is wrong with it and can’t figure it out. We didn’t end up going on that day. We went to Dinoland over the new walkway, very cool! I took a couple pics of the construction for Everest then passed Tarzan Rocks which JD refused to see because it’s too hot in there. We rode Dinosaur! 3 times!!! This is my absolute favorite ride. Best seat is the front left when the 2nd dino comes out at you the carnataurus I think. I let my imagination get away with me on this one I screamed hahaha! We then headed over and played the roller ball game that JD usually wins at and he lost. He lost all 3 times we played this vacation, he’s losing his streak. I played my whack a dino which I always win and I won and gave the dino to a little girl. Then we went to see Lion King, good show! Last thing we did was It’s Tough to Be a Bug. I like the part at the end where the bugs leave the building. I love hearing the screams of people who don’t know what’s coming! But I hate the bee stinger. It was so hot in AK that we decided to stop back at the hotel and I took a dip while John stayed in the AC, took our 2nd showers got ready for our Ohana dinner. We were so looking forward to this, it would be our 2nd time here. I love love love this restaurant. If you haven’t been, make a PS for your next trip you will not be sorry! I wore my tiki dress which is a pink halter with all kinds of Hawaiian hot pink flowers on it with green leaves. Sounds very tacky and ugly but it’s cute! Almost bought the hibiscus barretts in the Billabong shop in MK (Adventureland) those would have been perfect but I didn’t get them! Wish I did now. JD refused to be tropical and went in his polo shirt and shorts. Way to be a team player! We arrived and were seated almost immediately. Pretty good seat in front of the windows but it was raining at that point so no good views anyhow. We stuffed ourselves silly. JD ate the steak and turkey only and I ate it all. I love the wontons and chicken wings on the pu pu platter, even the broccoli (instead of beans) was excellent. Only complaint is JD and I like everything well done and some of it was pink, some pieces were still mooing. But the good pieces were out of this world. After this we headed over to MK and went on Philharmagic, so great, way way way too short. Again I can’t really see 3D which bums me out because I see what I’m supposed to be getting in 3D when everyone else reaches out. This is the show it really makes me sad about though because it’s so great. Especially when they fill the room with the pie smell, it’s such a nice scent. Then to Haunted Mansion where I try to show John the bride’s heart is a hidden mickey but he didn’t see it. We did a few more rides and I almost got a cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow, I know I’m disgusting since I had stuffed my fat head not 3 hours earlier with Ohana, but these are so great. Good thing JD didn’t want to get a bad firework spot so we didn’t. We watched the fireworks. Tinkerbelle didn’t fly as it was kind of misting and thundering. We took our time getting out and took the boat to the Polynesian where we were still parked from Ohana. Great boat ride! If I were staying at the Poly or GF I would take the boat almost every time. So relaxing and very quick!

Next up… Tonga Toast, more Illuminations and dueling piano’s at Jelly Rolls!! :sohappy:

More wackiness on day 6
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=43572

MKCP 1985

Ohana is so awesome - you did a really good job of conveying the spirit of the place, minus the children game shenanagins that are always going on.

One thing you did (twice) that didn't occur to me when I stayed at Coronado was go over for the buffet at Boma. It is a pretty short drive over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, isn't it? I'll have to remember that for next time.

Yeah, I'm getting old - the food is almost as big an experience as the attractions now! :lol:

Nicole

Thanks for the reports! One question about the 3D shows - does it matter where you sit? I read recently at this site that if you sit farther back you get a better 3D effect so I am going to try that next time. Usually my eyes water and hurt when I'm wearing the 3D glasses in the first 1/3 of the theater.

kellydisney

Original Poster
Hi guys,

Thanks for reading! AKL was like a 5 min. drive, not even from our resort. CS is an AK resort so it was awesome! Definitely would recommend trying it, it's fun.

3D movies, I have sat in the middle and the front. I feel the whole time that my eyes need to be crossed to see just one image instead of 2 it is really really odd! I'll try to sit farther back next year, thanks for the info!

Kelly

Goofette

I hate to ruin this for anyone who hasn't seen it, but can you all tell me what happens at the end of "it's tough to be a bug"? I didn't get to see it when we were there but plan on it the next time. DD isn't much for surprises, and I'm not really either (almost had a heart attack with the mice on honey I shrunk the audience lol). I screamed also on the Dinosaur ride...I was so embarassed...again, one of those surprise things I guess hahaa. I love your trip reports. Thanks again.

Did you post any pictures?

Paula/goofette

kellydisney

Original Poster
Thanks guys! No pictures yet. They are still in my Mom's digital camera that she let us borrow and I have to wait to have her help me get them onto the computer. I'll post ASAP!

Almost forgot to add, mid show there is a bee stinger in the back of your seat, doesn't hurt but I don't like it. At the end they say please stay seated till the bugs leave and then your seat kind of bubbles up and you hear all kinds of bugs talking to each other exiting to the left. It's funny!

PeeplMoovr

NSCMC said:
Thanks for the reports! One question about the 3D shows - does it matter where you sit? I read recently at this site that if you sit farther back you get a better 3D effect so I am going to try that next time. Usually my eyes water and hurt when I'm wearing the 3D glasses in the first 1/3 of the theater.

After having done Philharmagic from several different vantage points, I think it's much better from the last few rows in the back towards the middle. Up front the effects make my eyes cross and the entire screen isn't visible. My wife agrees, so I must be right, because she always is. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom