Kelly & Johnny D's Wacky Disney Hijinx! Day 4

Saturday, August 14

We woke up refreshed from being stuck in our room all night and we were ready for Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately, it was not ready for us and was closed on Saturday due to Charley. So we figured 3 of the big parks would be packed and Epcot would be easiest to get around in so off to Epcot. We rode Test Track a couple of times and then decided that we wanted to go to a water park. We like getting them done and out of the way early on in vacation and having the last few days in our favorite parks. So we stopped off at Guest Relations to make sure they were open. Our plan had been a couple hours and BB and then a couple at Typhoon Lagoon. But sadly Typhoon was closed. Still wanting to get water parks out of the way we headed over to Blizzard Beach because it was open and we had 1 option left on our park hopper passes from 2 years ago so it felt free  They opened a bit late, around 12pm I believe due to debris and fallen trees. We got in and went directly to the single slide right below summit plummet, no lines yet! Up again to the family raft ride. Then we went on the lazy river to the 1 enclosed slide and 2 open tube slides. JD rode the enclosed slide 3 times while I tried all 3. I almost got run over by 2 girls behind me who came out no joke about 3 seconds after me. There was only one slide op at the top so I think they just went without looking for the green light. Catastrophe avoided, we went over and did a toboggan race then we were headed to the other tube ride that takes your time but it was then that the lines got long and then that the sky decided to ruin our fun. We waited for about an hour and even had a hot dog but it didn’t let up. This was the rainiest day (including the Hurricane!) of our trip. So we went back to the room to change and shower and headed out to Epcot for dinner and walking around the countries. I stopped at Morocco and had a lamb shwarma (sp?) sandwich with a side of cous cous. The sandwich is HUGE and very tasty. It is exactly the same as a gyro just on a different roll. JD sat and talked with me as I ate. He is picky picky so we then headed over to America to get him his second chicken sandwich (plain, not even mayo) and I had another helping of pickles! :slurp: Then we browsed through France, Italy and Japan. We thought we would get JD’s parents, who were watching our guinea pigs for the week, a wine from every country in a basket with Italian chocolates. We ended up getting them a gift certificate to a restaurant in Boston instead since JD’s dad combines all wine with sprite and we couldn’t see spending that type of $$ to have sprite drowned wine ;) We stopped again in Morocco to look around and saw the Genie. So I grabbed the camera but the problem was there was a huge mess of people around him but no line and no greeter to help the line along so Genie was all alone. Kids were all over the place running up and getting his autograph. Well I just walk over, there’s about 10 kids with their autograph books out and a 4 year old walks up with her autograph book, Genie puts out his hand makes the stop sign then he points in my direction so I’m looking for a kid. No kids near me they are all looking at me so I point at myself and he nods his head and John pushes me toward Genie lol I thought it was so funny that Genie stopped the kids to get a picture with the 25 year old chick! Makes you wonder if there are dirty old guys in the suits after all ;) haha It was almost time for Illuminations so we wandered around looking for a spot. We were going to stay on the Italy Isola but it was blocked off so we looked for another spot. Glad we did because we found the best spot ever in Germany! I left John there and went to get my Bahlsen Vanilla/Chocolate wafers from Germany and the show started when I got back. The show was great and is really awesome from Germany, if you haven’t yet, check it out from this location! It was an unobstructed view but the photos of this did not want to come out for me. After, we took our time walking through the worlds again, taking photos and talking. We noticed the little nook in Morocco by the shop that is near the lagoon, very nice spot. I wonder if it would be good for Illuminations viewing. I can’t believe I have never spotted it before. I love Epcot at night and could spend days just wandering around doing nothing. We headed out and back to Coronado to get ready for another big day. This was when the mid vacation depression began to set in. I hate that feeling!!!

Next up… Boma & Ohana all in one day… MOOO let the feeding frenzy begin!

More wackiness on day 5
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=43534

Goofette

Again, a great trip report...thank you. I usually don't have the patience to read all of a report, but yours is great! I love the sprite drowned wine :lol: I may have to try that some day :animwink: :lol:

The shwarma (sp) sandwich sounds really good. I love gyros, so I would probably love that.

I'm heading over to read your next days report....Love the "MOOO let the feeding frenzy begin" haha, I'm actually like that when we go to WDW....I probably gain a ton when I'm there, I guess it's a good thing I don't go often :animwink:

kellydisney

Original Poster
I'm a Disney pig as you will notice from my reports :) I'm glad to know there are others out there. It definitely is a good thing I don't eat like that at home or I'd be a little house! The sprite/wine is actually pretty tasty. It's funny because everyone thinks he's this big wine connoisseur now and they buy him wine for gifts all the time, but we know better! Thanks for reading my reports!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom