X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Lee

Adventurer
4. They put way too much make up on Patrick Stewart to make him look younger. He looked very weird and kinda creepy because of it.

Wasn't makeup.
It was poorly done CGI. Poorly done in keeping with the rest of the film's CGI. Seriously...could Wolverine's claws look more like cartoons?:rolleyes:

Cyclops shouldn't have been there for continuity reasons (if he went through all of that, you'd think he would know who Wolverine was and recall some of what happened)
It's kind of a weak explanation, but they kept Cyclops blindfolded the whole time. He never actually saw Wolverine. He would just remember that there was some guy who came in and set all the captives free.

The Conundrum

*****SPOILERS*****

Pretty much Deadpool is given all the other mutant's powers, becoming Weapon XI. His mouth is sealed shut, and he is a pawn for Styker.

He never puts on the mask. He's never referred to as Deadpool. And Emma is Silver Fox's sister.

I hate this movie and I haven't even seen it.

ACTUALLY he is refered to as Deadpool and while he doesn't put on the mask..his "weapon XI" face is supposed to resemble the mask (hence why he has no mouth and his eyes are swollen.)

The movie is enjoyable on its own but it works about as well as the Star Wars prequels in terms of connecting with the rest of the series.

SirGoofy

ACTUALLY he is refered to as Deadpool and while he doesn't put on the mask..his "weapon XI" face is supposed to resemble the mask (hence why he has no mouth and his eyes are swollen.)

The movie is enjoyable on its own but it works about as well as the Star Wars prequels in terms of connecting with the rest of the series.

Please, the Star Wars prequels are fairly good movies. This was trash.

And yes, he's referred to as Deadpool, but he's also referred to as Weapon XI in the script.

Jasonflz

Spiderman 3=:hurl::hurl::hurl: out of five
It was a major mess. Venom was thrown in at the last second (along with the fact that he was completely butchered by the studio), Sandman was alright but could have been far better. The Hobgoblin (Harry) felt like he was squezzed into the movie, there were tons of cliches, Kirsten Dunst was a pain in the a**, and the movie went slow. The only good parts were the brief action scenes and the amazing visuals.

X-Men 3= :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl: out of five
X-Men 3 was, like Spiderman 3, a total mess. The writers tried to shove way too many mutants into the finale which led to a pointless and over the top battle. There was also tons of unnescesary scenes and the sentinels didn't even appear on screen.

WDWNooby

I enjoyed the movie up til the point Weapon XI turned up and Stryker talked about "pooling" the mutant genes. I was annoyed by the treatment of The Merc (formerly) with a Mouth, and that made me pick at all the little things, something I usually manage to avoid and let be.

Concerning the endings, I've heard there may be up to 7 (?) but have only heard 2 mentioned - highlight below

Wolverine in a bar (possibly Japan, saying he drinks to remember
Deadpool reaching for his severed heard, which looks at the camera and whispers "Shh" to the audience (at least he broke the 4th wall at one point lol)

However, I haven't had a good description of either and if anyone sees them - please let us know :D

We went Friday afternoon and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie (particularly a very buff Hugh Jackman :)) The ending we saw is the first one mentioned above. Definitely a great way to start of the summer movie season.

Thrill Seeker

Spiderman 3=:hurl::hurl::hurl: out of five
It was a major mess. Venom was thrown in at the last second (along with the fact that he was completely butchered by the studio), Sandman was alright but could have been far better. The Hobgoblin (Harry) felt like he was squezzed into the movie, there were tons of cliches, Kirsten Dunst was a pain in the a**, and the movie went slow. The only good parts were the brief action scenes and the amazing visuals.

X-Men 3= :hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl: out of five
X-Men 3 was, like Spiderman 3, a total mess. The writers tried to shove way too many mutants into the finale which led to a pointless and over the top battle. There was also tons of unnescesary scenes and the sentinels didn't even appear on screen.

I actually thought X-Men 3 was redeemable. It wasn't the best X-Men film (that honor goes to X2) but it wasn't too bad. Now Spider-Man 3, that is another story...

imagineer boy

Xmen 3 could've worked a whole lot better if they:
1: made it longer

2: gave more scenes and character development to Angel, Jean Grey/Pheonix, Pyro and Iceman conflict, Rogue Iceman and Kitty love triangle, and others.

3. Didn't prematurly (and lamely) kill off Cyclops, Prof X, and Mystique.

4. Didn't have the Worthington Labs on Alcatraz Ilsand (they just put it there so that they could have the SFX with the Golden Gate bridge).

Lee

Adventurer
I'm no comic book guy, have little to no idea of X-Men or Spiderman history, but it seems to me that both X-Men3 and Spidey3 suffered from the same problem:
Trying to squeeze enough material for three or four films into one.
Example: Sandman and Venom should each have had their own Spidey movie. The whole Jean Gray/Phoenix story should have been carried out over multiple films.

Kinda the same for Wolverine. They could have made three films out of his life up until the point of this movie. Why condense 150 years or so into one film?:shrug:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Agree with your general points Lee.
Saw the movie this afternoon and left with mixed feelings. Not only did it cover a lot of time leading to a rather jumpy feel, but then there was a piece of it trying to introduce too many mutants, trying to be a suspense/mystery, but you only realized that at the time the answers and red herrings all spilled out at the same time, then they dallied in the interpersonal relations of Logan and his brother....Logan and his girl, Stryker...falling short on all. Then, after trying to do all that stuff, they seemed to realize a little late that they were supposed to tell a cohesive story that made sense...

Yea entertaining, I'll buy the disc down the road, but not great.

Edit: I was kinda looking...but lost track. Did anyone find Stan Lee's cameo in this one?

WDWFREAK53

Agree with your general points Lee.
Saw the movie this afternoon and left with mixed feelings. Not only did it cover a lot of time leading to a rather jumpy feel, but then there was a piece of it trying to introduce too many mutants, trying to be a suspense/mystery, but you only realized that at the time the answers and red herrings all spilled out at the same time, then they dallied in the interpersonal relations of Logan and his brother....Logan and his girl, Stryker...falling short on all. Then, after trying to do all that stuff, they seemed to realize a little late that they were supposed to tell a cohesive story that made sense...

Yea entertaining, I'll buy the disc down the road, but not great.

Edit: I was kinda looking...but lost track. Did anyone find Stan Lee's cameo in this one?

Is he in this? I thought he was only in the Marvel productions. Wasn't this a FOX production?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quick question....

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that actually Patrick Stewart at the end or CGI over a body double?

Timmay

I actually enjoyed this movie a lot. I went in to it not expecting to, but ended up liking it. It was a comic book, plain and simple...nothing more, nothing less. It reminded me very much of opening up a brand new comic after I get home and just getting away from everything for a while.

It was cool to see Silver Fox, Emma Frost, Blob, Gambit, Deadpool (in the beginning) and some of the others. It was a fun movie all the way around!!:D

WDWFREAK53

Oh yeah...one more thing.

Wasn't Beak suppose to be in this? I thought I read that he was...but I didn't see him anywhere.

EDIT: Just looked it up. His character was changed to Bolt.

imagineer boy

You sure?
I heard it was Stewart with a CGI facelift...a poor CGI facelift.:lol:

Yeah, I thought it was the same effect that they did at the beginning of X3 where CGI was used to make them look younger. But either way, it was a pretty bad CGI job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom