WDW Restaurant Challenge Part III: Hollywood Studios

What is your favorite table service restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

• 50's Prime Time Cafe

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • Hollywood and Vine

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 21 20.0%

• Total voters

castevens

Original Poster
What is your favorite sit-down dinner restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Part I
was the Magic Kingdom Version of the poll. The current results are as follows:

1. 43.59% Crystal Palace
2. 26.92% Liberty Tree Tavern
3. 15.38% Cinderella's Royal Table
4. 11.54% Tony's Town Square Restaurant
5. 10.26% The Plaza Restaurant

Voting is will continue until all of the polls are posted. Click here to be transferred to the Magic Kingdom Version of the poll and cast your vote.

Part II was the Epcot Version of the poll. The current top 5 results for the poll are as follows:

1. 48.15% Le Cellier Steakhouse
2. 17.28% Chefs de France
3. 14.81% Teppan Edo
4. 8.64% Coral Reef Restaurant
5. 8.64% Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room

Voting is will continue until all of the polls are posted. Click here to be transferred to the Epcot Version of the poll and cast your vote.

THANK YOU to the 183 people who voted on the other two polls. It's always good to increase the sample size!

pacochran

To me Prime Time is the best love their pot roast "Mom" does a great job.

They only one we haven't eaten at is the Brown Derby and the menu itself just doesn't appeal to me.

We've tried H&V didn't like the selections.

Sci Fi is ok but just a burger place as far as we are concerned.

MMR-was alright and with us rates right behind Prime Time.

wdwfan100

We love Mama Melroses. I have seen some not so impressed reviews, but we have always had great food and service there. The atmosphere is interesting and cozy. We also enjoy the Sci-Fi Dine in as long as you do not have a big group. Conversation is too difficult. Great thread, it is fun to see what people enjoy and why they enjoy it.

castevens

Original Poster
The poll adds up to 150%?

I allow people to vote for more than one restaurant, because I don't want someone to pick just one when they really like two restaurants. If one restaurant is JUST SLIGHTLY better than another, it should win the race 50-49, not 50-0

DisneyPrincess5

We like H&V and Sci-Fi...we find that although the wait time even with an ADR is terrible, H&V has good food selection and we also get the Fantasmic package, and Sci-Fi is great for the atmosphere.

lilclerk

Food - 50s
Entertainment - I love playing with the CMs and love the theme at 50s, but I'll have to choose the Sci-Fi here.

sweetpee_1993

I voted for the Brown Derby. We've had Sci-Fi, Mama Melroses, 50's Prime, and Hollywood & Vine in the past also. Hubby and I did the lunch with an Imagineer last May at the Brown Derby and the food was phenomenal. I've craved another cobb salad and grapefruit cake since then. Sci-Fi is fun for the atmosphere but the food isn't all that great. Mama Melrose's was pretty good the day we ate lunch there. 50's Prime is hit or miss with us. Sometimes it's pretty good but others it's just mediocre at best. Hollywood & Vine is a mistake I will never, ever make again. LOL!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree that Prime Time can be hit or miss. I can't believe that servers are in such short supply that you can't have all "in character". Clearly some are better than others, but all should be decent. With that said, decor, theme and food make for a really great time. Guess it helps that I remember too much of that first hand. :rolleyes:

Do enjoy Brown Derby as well, have had some very nice meals there. Menu's have been severely dumbed down recently, and as a premium restaurant located in a park, it seems to get more "casual" diners than the other signatures making it louder and a bit more unruly.

Edit: Love Sci Fi too....for lunch. Have done it as a light dinner and ask for lunch menu items instead of the dinner. Wish they would change out the film loop or make it 1/2 hour longer. Last two trips I felt like I'd overstayed my reservation when the loop started to repeat. It's not like there is any shortage of content out there.

Overall, I would say that Studios is second to Epcot for overall restaurant quality.

Ausdaddy

I allow people to vote for more than one restaurant, because I don't want someone to pick just one when they really like two restaurants. If one restaurant is JUST SLIGHTLY better than another, it should win the race 50-49, not 50-0

:lol: Gotcha. I'm a little late to the game.

tomm4004

I went with "The Hollywood Brown Derby" - with deep reservations.

DHS really no longer HAS a Signiture Dinning restaurant - HBD cheapened their menu around 11-2008. Now, one is better off hitting a good restaurant at the Dolphin or Swan.

Very sad - the place USED to be stunning.

Do you mean they've lowered their prices or gone with less quality food?

Sci-Fi is our favorite for theme, and the food is pretty good, too (love the chili!). I personally like the HBD because it looks like what I imagine old Hollywood to look like, and the food is good (although I haven't eaten there is a couple of years). The grapefruit cake is amazing--they will give you the recipe, and it's not too hard to make!:)

Prime time gets my vote! We love in there... I love the theming and the food is amazing... I would say that H & V would be next... the wide selection is nice. They always have amazing pastas and I like the carving station too.

Phonedave

I went with "The Hollywood Brown Derby" - with deep reservations.

DHS really no longer HAS a Signiture Dinning restaurant - HBD cheapened their menu around 11-2008. Now, one is better off hitting a good restaurant at the Dolphin or Swan.

Very sad - the place USED to be stunning.

My thoughts exactly.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom