What New Country?

Which country would you like to see in the WS?

• Egypt

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • India

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Greece

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

jcarriv

Original Poster
It seems appropriate that the World Showcase would add or at least start construction on a new country pavilion in the next 5 years. What country would you want to see added?

Please also include how the pavilion would look, a possible ride or show associated with it and of course the restaurant that would be located there.

I have tried to include countries that would be the best candidates.

I apologize if this has been done recently(I don't remember a poll) but I thought it would be fun to hear what people think. :)

MagicalMonorail

I voted for Egypt. Disney could go all out with this. There could be a huge pyramid as the pavilion. Of course, it would have to be different from Mexico's. A ride going through the pyramid should be the main attraction. It would probably be a lot like Revenge of the Mummy, but maybe it could be a slower ride. Or the pyramid could just house the restaurant. The ride would be in the back of the building. Guests could board boats to take a tour on the Nile. that would be nice.

Kadee

That was a hard decision!! I voted for Australia because I've always wanted to go there. But I think Egypt would be equally as good for Epcot. And although no one has voted for it yet, I think Greece would be absolutely beautiful! They should just add them ALL......except Brazil ..... (having flashbacks of 100s of teens in the same colored tshirts.....OH NO!!!!!!!!):eek: :eek: :eek:

Vernonpush

I voted for Greece. It would be a pavillion based on the ancient ruins, with a 3-D movie of the past and present history and customs of Greece. Of course, it would have to have a great Greek restaurant, mmmmm..... :slurp: spanikopita. There would also be the usual character tie-in with Hercules. :lol:

phlydude

I said Russia. I think a mini-Kremlin would look really cool! They could have art on loan from the Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg. That would be awesome too!

disneysailor

I'd vote for Greece, India or Russia as they would bring something new to World Showcase. Egypt would be very similar (in terms of architecture and modern culture) to Morocco. Brazil and Australia would be better suited in Animal Kingdom. Spain wouldn't be significantly different from Mexico.

In any case, I think people would be happy to see anything new in World Showcase, no matter what the country was! (Although I can't imagine a Belgian Pavillion to be very exciting! :lol: )

SirGoofy

I picked Greece. There could be a ride that depicts the ancient Greek Gods, and acient Greek culture. It could be housed in the Temple of Zeus or even Mt. Olympus.

Nicole

Okay, those were some difficult choices!! My first inclination was to vote for Australia, since it's so big and could offer a lot of diversity in a single pavilion. But then I ended up voting for Greece, because it has such historical significance. (And of course I'm a character nut and they could tie in Hercules and Meg!) It would be cool to have some Greek "ruins" like the Parthenon or the Temple of Artemis (sorry if my facts/names are wrong, I'm winging this) and they could have a whole section focused on the Olympics, and early theater. Not to mention a nice baklava booth.

However, I think any of the choices would provide ample scope for a great new pavilion! Wouldn't it be great if Disney really did find money/space for a new country or two (or all of them!)

DarkMeasures

Egypt and Greece tied for me.

Egypt- A Replica of a Cairo with several temples and such. One temple would be a Muslim mosque while the other would be an ancient Egyption temple. Inside the temple would be a large theatre that goes through ancient history and legends. There would also be a Nile boat ride.

Greece- Themed to Athens with a forced prospective acropolis (that is that temple on the hill right?) in the background. This too would be in modern Greece and feature a theatre showing off the country.

PeeplMoovr

I'm going Russia. The architecture would be different than anything else in the WS (a mini-Kremlin would be great), and Russia is so huge and diverse the possibilities for restaurants and cultural shops are great.

On a less serious side:
A new attraction could be the Vodkanator, where guests are put in a room and spun until dizzy, making them feel like they've just downed a fifth of Russian vodka.

:hurl:

Vodka tastings/samplings could follow.

:hurl: :hurl:

Shellybelle

I voted Australia because I would love to visit there someday. I would like to see what they would have for an "outback" theme. But, I think the ideas above mentioned for Eygpt are fantastic!

brisem

I think Egypt has incredible protental. From the a Nile ride to a pyarimid(sp) maze. I would rather see Australia as a new Country in AK.

WDWScottieBoy

I would like to vote other and pick Switzerland. I have stated many times in threads similar to this that it would be awesome in Epcot. You can go so many places with that country and the theming would be beautiful. You've got the Swiss Alps, people yodeling, the Alp horn, and of course Switzerland has three official languages, French, German and Italian. You could almost make a whole park out of a Switzerland themed area. Plus, during the Flower and Garden Festival it would look so good with the flower boxes on the front of the buildings. Walt must love Switzerland for something as he put the Matterhorn in DL.

BeachClubVillas

I picked Russia. I would love to see a re-creation of St. Petersburg or even Catherine's Palace. I'm not sure what they could do with a ride. Maybe it could be an omnimover ride, starting out with the days of the tsars, through the Russian Revolution and the days of the last tsar and his family, all the way up to the present day. Of course, it would probably have to gloss over the whole Cold War and communism thing. The restaurant could be set in a country inn and feature all the great Russian writers...Pushkin, Chekhov, Tolstoy, etc. Oh man, I can see it now!!

Of course, Egypt and Greece would be great too.

yensidtlaw1969

I said Greece. I just love the Mythology and the architecture. Imagine seeing the Parthenon across the World Showcase Lagoon! They could even have a dark ride where you go INTO the mythological stories and the ride vehicle could be a chariot. I think I may draw some concept art. Thanks for an awesome thread Idea jcarriv!

jcarriv

Original Poster
I thougtht as long as I started it I might as well present my thoughts on the countries in the poll.

I voted for India.
I imagine a pavilion designed like an Indian Palace, a restaurant serving a variety of Indian food from all areas of the country :slurp: , and probably some sort of stage show(maybe with a snake charmer). The characters from A Jungle Book could make appearances at the pavilion.

Thoughts on the others(I like them all that's why they are on the poll)

Greece - Would be great as ruins, with art and ancient history, perhaps a short performance of Greek Theatre and of course Greek Food :slurp:

Russia - Definitely interesting architecture and art.

Spain - The Passporter Book has this as the rumored next pavillion. Tapas :slurp:

Egypt - History and a grand theme. Pyramids, Sphinx and I like the Idea of a Nile boat ride as long as it varies in style to that of the Maelstrom.

Brazil - Unsure if this would make a good seperate pavillion or if it would be best as part of a South American part of DAK.

Australia - This one is a toss up for me. I think since it is a continent unto itself it may be best of have it(as is rumored) in DAK. There it could have more space.

Just my thoughts.

Cynderella

I picked Egypt. I am absolutly fasinated by it. A huge pyramid would be awesome and of course the sphynx and a boat ride of the Nile or something about King Tut. That would be awesome. :sohappy:

SpenceMan01

My first inclination was to say Australia. But on second thought, I'd have to go Greek. The themeing and atmosphere would be very unique and unlike anything in Epcot. I really like the ideas that have been posted on here such as a FP Parthenon Building, Herc. Characters, and the Greek dark ride or boat ride.

They could build an Indy/Dinosaur-style dark ride that is themed to the Labriynth Maze on Crete where you come face-to-face and battle the Minotaur!

I also think it'd be cool to have some sort a dinner show themed to the Olympics. You could have athletic contests, story telling and a variety of other things in a show like that. Someone mentioned a maze. There is so much Mythology in Greek history, I would love to see Disney bring it to life at a Greek Pavillion. Plus I think the food would be good.

MissM

Greece and Egypt would both be cool, but I just thought Russia would be really different from what's there. And yeah, a little Red Square would be really, really cool. Not to mention some of the Russian art and the very interesting myths and stories would make for great exhibits.

Then again, I'm half Russian and half Greek so both would be pretty neat in my book. :)
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom