Adding Days to Tickets Upon Check-in

Hey everyone...

Question: I'm considering booking my MYW package for a 7 night hotel stay, but only have it include 1 day park passes (I'd only be doing this if I'm worried that I wouldn't be able to pay everything off by 45 days before the trip, but I know I would have the money for passes come check-in). Then, when I check-in, I want to upgrade the park passes to be 6 day passes. Do you know if this is possible? Or would I end up buying additional 5 day passes on top of the existing 1 day passes? As you know, you're actually paying less per day if you buy 6 day passes than if you buy 5 day passes on top of 1 day passes. I hope all that made sense...

alecshawn

You can add any days you want to at check in.
We ALWAYS book over the phone using "room only codes" and we get a good discount. Then upon check in, we get the days we want and its all put on the "keys to the world".
We almost always get a 7 day MYW base ticket.
Yes, im anti-park hopper.:)

Upvote 0

cabihler

another potential upgrade to consider

hey there... your question was if you made a reservation with just a 1 day ticket can you add more days to it at check in AND you have been told YOU CAN which is correct. But still another possible upgrade is to upgrade to an Annual Pass.

an example..... let's say at check in you upgrade your 1 day ticket to say 6 or 7 days.... then during your stay you find yourself planning to visit the world within 1 YEAR of your checkin date on possibly a bounce back offer or some other great offer announced while you are there. THE POINT IS that as long as you have 1 day of unused ticket entry left you can use the WHOLE value of your tickets to be applied to upgrading to a Annual Pass. Again a GR8 move/option to have if you will visit the world more than once within 1 year.

just a thought to keep in mind

Upvote 0

Rob562

But, can you add an 8th day to the Buy 4 get 7 for the difference between a 7 day and 8 day park ticket?

Yes, you can. But the best course of action is to *use* your tickets to enter a park before you upgrade them. Once a ticket is first used, its value is locked in at the current gate price. So when you upgrade them, you'll only pay the difference between the current gate prices of a 7-day ticket and an 8-day ticket. Otherwise, if you upgrade *before* using it, there's at least a *chance* that they'll only give you a credit for what you actually paid, and would then have to pay the different between the 4-day ticket (which is what you paid for because days 5, 6 and 7 were free), and the 8-day ticket.

The same holds true with tickets you'd purchase at a discount from an authorized ticket reseller, or even if you bought the tickets from Disney (or booked your vacation package) before a ticket price increase. If you try and add days to them before their first use, they may only give you credit for what you actually paid for them (or what the ticket reseller paid for them). Using them first will give you the full price of the ticket.

It's a quirk of the Disney ticketing system, but it's one that you can use to your advantage.

And this doesn't hold true for adding options like Park Hopper or Water Parks & More to the tickets. Those are a flat-rate add-on, so you'd pay the same to add them regardless of where you bought the ticket or how much you paid for your ticket.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom