What is this wierd Disney advertisment??

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
While I was surfing today a Disney Vacation offer popped up. The picture is below. I had never seen it before, thought it was wierd, and wanted to share it. I know it's not a real offer but, it would be cool. LOL

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 181

careship

I wonder who gave them the right to use the characters...Was it on a DIsney site?

Nevertheless....thanks for sharing...it was weird to see that's for sure. Have fun surfing...I've been doing that alot today too.

tigsmom

I'm going to bet that this has nothing to do with Disney. I get pop ups all the time and they rarely have anything to do with the search subject.
That Mickey rendition is an old one.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
careship said:
I wonder who gave them the right to use the characters...Was it on a DIsney site?

That's what I thought. Mickey looks really bad. LOL I was surfing Magic in the forums when it popped up.

wannab@dis

DisneyGrl85 said:
That's what I thought. Mickey looks really bad. LOL I was surfing Magic in the forums when it popped up.

You were surfing here, at wdwMagic and got that popup? If so, then you probably have some SpyWare on your machine. It's nasty software that gets installed with a lot of the "free" downloads such as screen savers, file sharing software, etc. In their "terms of dis-service" they have text that says by downloading you agree to the software install. I've never seen any that is malicious, but it tracks what you are looking at and then auto displays popup ads to match the subject you are viewing. Hence, you got a disney-looking ad while on this site.

Go to this URL www.lavasoftusa.com and download AdAware and it will remove the spyware. You may be surprised how much you probably have. It should also drastically reduce the number of popups that you see.

wannab@dis

RnRJoe6114 said:
just because im still bored

the 6114 is how many times i hve ridden rock n rollercoaster

Just a word of caution RnRJoe, all the above posts that you created could be considered spamming the forum. Some of the moderators could take offense and suspend your account.

It's really for everyone's good since most people don't want to scan through a bunch of meaningless posts when reading a topic that may interest them.

Anyway, let me say "Welcome to the boards!" :wave:

StevenT

I bet they don't have the rights to the characters... if they did it would most certainly have some sort of fine print disney copyright on the bottom.

aimster

I use Ad-Aware and it works pretty well. Spybot is pretty good too. I believe you can download that at http://www.spybot.com . You should also look into a some pop-up blocking software. I use Panicware's Pop-Up Stopper and it works great and you can set what websites you'll allow pop-ups from. You can download a free version at http://www.panicware.com .

nicholas

Yeah, I was just going to say that. For all you know, it could be a vacation to the maple syrup museum in Nowheresville, Iowa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom