Pop Centry room keys

djhammon

Hi,

Does anybody know if you can purchase thing and use your room key as payment.

I have been told that this is not possibile can antbody confirm???

D

JPVonDrake

When you check in to any of the Disney Resorts you can activate your room keys to be used as room charges. You just need to provide a credit card upon check-in to guarentee your charges. All Disney park and resort locations and most non-Disney locations in Downtown Disney also will accept room key payments. Room keys cannot be accepted at the Swan, Dolphin, or the 7 (non-Disney) Downtown Disney Area Hotels.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

The small kiosks (pop, ice cream, popcorn) do not take the room key charge either. Other than that, any restaurant/gift shop/counter service restaurant etc., we use our key to charge to the room. Sure makes it easier.

Upvote 0

kbmb

Nansafan said:
The small kiosks (pop, ice cream, popcorn) do not take the room key charge either. Other than that, any restaurant/gift shop/counter service restaurant etc., we use our key to charge to the room. Sure makes it easier.

Actually, when we went in May a lot of the small carts throughout the park, now have the wireless terminals to accept CC's and Roomkeys.

-k

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That is correct. As far as I know, most, if not all, of the kiosks and carts accept room cards and credit cards for payment, due to a wireless upgrade. Very nice, but those of us who collect state quarters are now torn. :lol:

Upvote 0

Coree

HauntedPirate said:
That is correct. As far as I know, most, if not all, of the kiosks and carts accept room cards and credit cards for payment, due to a wireless upgrade. Very nice, but those of us who collect state quarters are now torn. :lol:

I just had to say I really appreciate your comment about the state quarters and chuckled out loud. My husband and I collect them and we always look forward to going to Disney because we can usually find the quarters from the opposite mint we get here at home. It helps round out our collection nicely. Now I know there's at least one other person on the planet who thinks about that stuff. :)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

kbmb said:
Actually, when we went in May a lot of the small carts throughout the park, now have the wireless terminals to accept CC's and Roomkeys.

-k
Great to hear. They weren't there yet on our last trip. Glad to hear of the system upgrade.

Upvote 0

WDWEric

I love how you can use your room key to charge stuff, It's great that it also doubles as you park hopper ticket. it just makes it easier

Upvote 0

brisem

PC has a $500 limit put on the cards. The only place that didn't accepted it(this was in April) was the food cart outside of the RnR.

Upvote 0

wolf29

We didn't come anywhere close, but I am pretty certain that our limit for our stay in FW was $1500. Would different resorts have different limits?

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I thought the charge limit was based on the available credit/limit that you had on the card you gave the resort when you checked in. I mean $500 for a trip of 7-8 days is not that much especially for a family. Eating in WDW for 5 people can easily be over $100 a day and that is not ordering bottles of wine for the table. Once during a trip, my brother bought a animation cel from the animation store at DTD, charging it to the room. After this purchase on day 5 of a 8 day trip (8 people) he got a call from the front desk. We had reached our room charge limit and the desk called to say they would be putting the charges through to his credit card. He gave them the OK and then we were given another $1500 of available credit for the trip. From then on, any "big" purchases are done not charged to the room and a different card is used.

Upvote 0

brisem

wolf29 said:
We didn't come anywhere close, but I am pretty certain that our limit for our stay in FW was $1500. Would different resorts have different limits?
The credit limit depends on the hotel you stay at. Value is $500, Moderate is $1000 and up from there. When you get close to your limit, you have to go back to the front desk and authorize another $500 (for PC)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Coree said:
I just had to say I really appreciate your comment about the state quarters and chuckled out loud. My husband and I collect them and we always look forward to going to Disney because we can usually find the quarters from the opposite mint we get here at home. It helps round out our collection nicely. Now I know there's at least one other person on the planet who thinks about that stuff. :)

Add us to your list. :wave:

I loved when I worked in the local outlet mall because people from all over the country would pass through. I got most of mine that way!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

brisem said:
The credit limit depends on the hotel you stay at. Value is $500, Moderate is $1000 and up from there. When you get close to your limit, you have to go back to the front desk and authorize another $500 (for PC)

That is correct.

You can also put cash, traveler's checks, etc. down for charging priviledges if you don't want to use a CC.

Upvote 0

AEfx

bgraham34 said:
Its so good using the room key for payment dont have to carry my wallet.

I still do carry my wallet (lighter than normal, of course - am not going to need my Social Security card on vacation) because of the increased security - I don't feel comfortable without my license/ID on me. Now that I have an AP I really need to carry it around.

I'm torn when it comes to charges - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I usually just keep small cash in my right front pocket, my wallet in my left front - and it works pretty well for me. The wallet stays put most of the time (unless I'm at a sit-down restaurant), and I just pay for incidentals (soda, snack, small souvineers) out of the small-cash pocket.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I love the room charge feature. I never touch my cash anymore at WDW it seems. I let everything build up onto my credit at the hotel, then pay it off in a lump sum total. I have found that we spend less for some reason by charging back to the room. Maybe if I have the cash on me, I spend it more freely.

Upvote 0

brisem

Ringo8n24 said:
I love the room charge feature. I never touch my cash anymore at WDW it seems. I let everything build up onto my credit at the hotel, then pay it off in a lump sum total. I have found that we spend less for some reason by charging back to the room. Maybe if I have the cash on me, I spend it more freely.

Another reason why I like it is, it gives you an itemized list of what you spent.

Upvote 0
Coree said:

I'm a state quarter collector myself. I especially like the Florida one(being from Florida and still living here, I kinda have to).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom