Gluten/Mushroom free dining

baz212

Original Poster
I am going to WDW in June with DM, DS5 and hopefully my DH. My mom has Celiac's and has to be on a gluten free diet. I am allergic to mushrooms. I would like some opinions on our restaurant choices before the 90 day mark when I can make ADR's. We are using the basic dining plan staying 7 nights

Dinner at Chef Mickey's on our first night. I already have this ADR. We usually do LTT, but we want a character meal our first night, and LTT no longer has that. DS thinks that Pooh characters are too babyish nad wants nothing to do with CInderella. That would be way to girly.

Lunch at Rose and Crown. My mom wants the shepard's pie which is only on the lunch menu.

Dinner at Chef's de France. My mom's request.

Dinner at Le Cellier. I had reservations there for our trip last May, but had to cancel because of the Pirate and Princess Party. Does anyone know if I can get the filet mignon without the mushroom stuff. If I can't I need another suggestion because I'm spoiled and Filet is the only kind of steak I'll eat.

Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's. We didn't want to use 2 TS credits and We prefer to be waited on unless it's a character meal.

Dinner at Artist Point. This was a request from DS. He loved it when we ate there in May and wants to go back.

Donald's Safari breakfast. We will pay OOP for this one. We like to do caharcter meals each trip, and no Pooh or princesses per DS request.

BTW does anyone know if Pizza planet still does the gluten free pizzas?

Ausdaddy

Dinner at Le Cellier. I had reservations there for our trip last May, but had to cancel because of the Pirate and Princess Party. Does anyone know if I can get the filet mignon without the mushroom stuff. If I can't I need another suggestion because I'm spoiled and Filet is the only kind of steak I'll eat.

Yes. I've done it, myself.

tigsmom

Let your dietary needs be known when making your ADR's. Call and ask to speak to a chef personally, they will take info and call back.

Most chef's (I would say all, but then somebody will prove me wrong :lookaroun ) are more than willing to modify a dish for you, all you have to do is speak up.

baz212

Original Poster
Thanks. I think you replied to a celiac post I made a month or two ago. I already gave the links to my mom, but the most recent info specific to gluten-free is from 2007, so I didn't want to rely on that exclusivly, especially for counter service. Mom isn't too concerned. She eats out a lot at home, and has gone on other vacations since being diagnosed, including a cross country road trip. I just don't want her spending all this money and be eating nothing but salads and bunless burgers at the counter service locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom