Jungle Cruise the movie?

barnebd5

Original Poster
I just read on

http://movies.go.com/movies/J/jungle-cruise_2005/index.html

Apparently Disney is going all out with the attraction-based movies, hense Pirates, Haunted Mansion.

Just a simple question is raised when I saw this, could the Jungle Cruise work as a movie, part of me thinks it can and the other doesn't, help me people.

And another question is raised as well, does turning the attractions into movies ruin the whole attraction experience?

Don't get me wrong people, I loved The Pirates of the Carribean, fun movie and I haven't seen the Haunted Mansion but I'm sure it wasn't bad.

Anyway, see ya

D. Barnes OUT!

tigger248

My uncle works in theatres and knows a lot about movies and he told me he'd heard about this a couple weeks ago. I found it to be interesting news. Part of me thinks it could work because of the many opportunities for adventure and the fact that there's no set story for the ride. It just really needs a good screenplay. I never saw Country Bears but I heard it wasn't really impressive. Pirates was great! :) Haunted Mansion was okay but not as good as Pirates.

I said it to my uncle and I'll say it again...If they continue making rides into movies at this pace, pretty soon they will run out of Magic Kingdom rides to turn into movies. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by barnebd5
I just read on

http://movies.go.com/movies/J/jungle-cruise_2005/index.html

Apparently Disney is going all out with the attraction-based movies, hense Pirates, Haunted Mansion.

Just a simple question is raised when I saw this, could the Jungle Cruise work as a movie, part of me thinks it can and the other doesn't, help me people.

And another question is raised as well, does turning the attractions into movies ruin the whole attraction experience?

Don't get me wrong people, I loved The Pirates of the Carribean, fun movie and I haven't seen the Haunted Mansion but I'm sure it wasn't bad.

Anyway, see ya

D. Barnes OUT!

Wow, never new that site existed, and I noticed that it was on the GO network, also owned by Disney.

I doubt Disney will invest in it if they don't think it would work. The lands in Disneyland were originally built to promote Disney movies and TV shows at the time, and Adventureland was to promote their jungle show(s) (I forget the name) so it worked once at least!

I would be it's a River Adventure of some kind, where someone has to travel the rivers of the world to fight off some ring of terror or something - who knows - but I bet it's good!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Chicken or Egg

I was on POC at DL last week and heard an interesting conversation by some young people behind me in the boat. The older girl (maybe 12) was pointing out to her younger sibling the animatronic that was Jack Sparrow, and the Governor and the others...as well as the various scenes that were from the movie. She thought it was "neat" that they made this just like the movie! :veryconfu

As a matter of fact, she was as tickled by how well the ride followed the movie as I was watching the movie and thinking of the ride(s) images.

I couldn't bring myself to correct her, or to point out that the townspeople and soldiers were speaking Spanish and not Colonial English :lol:

tigger248

I also really thought it was cool that several scenes from POTC the ride were also in the movie. I am confused on one thing though, I didn't realize Jack Sparrow was in the ride. I just thought he was made up for the movie, but it's been like 13 years since I was last at disneyland, so I'm used to the WDW version where it's been like 6 months. That's cool makes me have another reason (as if I needed one; 13 years is a long time) to want to go back to disneyland and california next year.

FigmentJedi

Jack Sparrow WAS made only for the movie. The only POTC ride you'll see him in is the Hong Kong version of Pirates which will be added as a phase 2 project.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sorry for the confusion

Originally posted by tigger248
I also really thought it was cool that several scenes from POTC the ride were also in the movie. I am confused on one thing though, I didn't realize Jack Sparrow was in the ride. I just thought he was made up for the movie, but it's been like 13 years since I was last at disneyland, so I'm used to the WDW version where it's been like 6 months. That's cool makes me have another reason (as if I needed one; 13 years is a long time) to want to go back to disneyland and california next year.

Sorry for the confusion. To my knowledge, no characters in POTC have names, just references, like the redhead, the hairy leg guy etc. I found it humorous that this girl was so convinced that the ride represented specific movie characters, and was even able to name them.

tigger248

I knew that there didn't use to be a Jack Sparrow in the ride, seeing as how the ride was built years before the movie was even thought of. I was really just unsure of whether of not anything was added. It'd be cool if they did, but at the same time, the ride is a classic. I want to go to Disneyland! It's been too long I don't remember many of the rides and their differences from WDW. (I was only 8 last time I went) :lol:

jaime_1234

That's interesting because I heard that after the POTC sequel Disney wasn't going to make any more attraction-based rides. It sounds like it will be interesting...I just hope they're able to make it funny without being too corny!

StuntDoomBuggy

A Movie Full Of Corny Pun Jokes, I'm There!

I Think Jungle Cruise Is Vonerable To Become A Movie.. Imagine, A Lead Character On A Mission.. At A Boat Tour Company.. To Explore New Depths Of The Jungle For A New Cruise Route.. Going Through Laugh Out Loud Adventures With The Wild Life Of The Jungle..

Now, For A Monorail Movie, People Mover Movie, Sky Buckets Movie, Autopia Movie, Innoventions, SE, M:S, E:E, Talking Garbage Can..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom