For all who make False Fastpass

se8472

Original Poster
Yesterday before my shift someone came into the breakroom with some fastpass that had clearly been scaned and printed on someones PC.

I just want to make everyone aware that it is illegal because of the copyright violations. Should a CM feel like it security can be called and disney and press charges on ya.

Course if you hand one to me I will just punch you in the face and send you on your way :D

But really peeps don't do it. You will get a E for effort but no A for access.

I would hate to be the guest behind the person who you punched in the face when they handed you the fake FastPass. I think I'd just leave and wait in the standby line ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
bwahaha..

fake fastpasses.. that's funny.

next time this happens, I wanna be there to see the drama unfold.

darkrose

Originally posted by s25843
How Lame! Esp. Since they print em on the metallic shiny paper now...

I always likened it to heat transfer paper, like the kind of paper some stores use for receipts...or that old style rolled fax paper..

Sometimes we choose not to use fastpass when we're on vacation simply because it's not convenient to us.. I don't understand why people would want to cheat the system.

Lame.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Originally posted by se8472
Yesterday before my shift someone came into the breakroom with some fastpass that had clearly been scaned and printed on someones PC.

I just want to make everyone aware that it is illegal because of the copyright violations. Should a CM feel like it security can be called and disney and press charges on ya.

Course if you hand one to me I will just punch you in the face and send you on your way :D

But really peeps don't do it. You will get a E for effort but no A for access.

Just remember, some punch back.

Becky

Enforce rules:eek: What a novel thought.:zipit:

Disney seems to be so concerned about keeping everyone happy,including large groups of rule breakers, that I am surprised that any CM is willing to tell a guest they are breaking a rule for fear of being fired instead of the offender being ejected from the park.:(

Only once in over 40 visits have I seen a CM approach a smoker and ask them to move to a designated smoking area. That CM was probably fired if the guest complained.

One "guest" had a CM in tears because he didn't like the way the CM asked him not to feed the sea gulls which were taking little kids churro's and probably fingers too. He told the CM he wanted to see her supervisor. A couple of us suggested he would be seeing stars first if he didn't depart which he did. I take the fifth on whether I mean he saw stars or departed:D

Hey Michael move some of those security people from the front gate where you just have them take a quick peek to the parks and give them a bonus for each jerk they eject.:cool: Reward CM's that call security for fake fp's, massive line jumping, talking on cell phones during shows such as the American Adventure, taking flash pictures during the Voyage of the LMM etc:animwink:

markc

Originally posted by se8472

I hate to be a smart ______, but that reasoning is wrong. Copyright violations aren't enforceable in this instance for many reasons, since it's being used on a personal level and not a commercial one and there are no monetary damages. Monetary damages have to be estimated at higher than $100 for it to be considered a violation of copyright. The most Disney could do is send a cease and decist order (sp?!), and the likelihood of them doing it over a scanned paper Fastpass is slim to none, especially since I really dont' think disney cares either way (after all, there are times that Disney hands out Fastpasses like they're nothing).

But I agree, it's stupid to make "personal" Fastpasses. Unless somebody is using the same kind of paper used to print them out and can match the exact tone of ink used, I think anybody who thinks they can get away with it is completely out of their mind.

xfkirsten

Heh... here at DL, they use more durable tagboard-type paper to print them on. Makes it harder to pass off a fake. :p

As far as enforcinig rules goes, I've been pretty impressed with some of the DL CMs who are not shy about approaching people who are breaking rules. This is especially true with the Hyperion Theater and the Fantasmic Crowd Control CMs. :)

-Kirsten

civileng68

Account Suspended
:)

Originally posted by General Grizz
LMAO. . . I'm making my own Fastpasses for attractions that don't even offer it. :lol:

What an inspiration! :p

Now that's hilarious! I'd love to see someone just for kicks walk up with a Fastpass to an attraction that doesn't offer it and just have a completely confused look on their face when they are turned down. :lol:

Shaman

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Heh... here at DL, they use more durable tagboard-type paper to print them on. Makes it harder to pass off a fake. :p

As far as enforcinig rules goes, I've been pretty impressed with some of the DL CMs who are not shy about approaching people who are breaking rules. This is especially true with the Hyperion Theater and the Fantasmic Crowd Control CMs. :)

-Kirsten

So true...and I applaud them...:sohappy:

Some people are just capable of anything...especially if they're bored...Fake fastpasses? Thats up there with finding the fastpass release button...:rolleyes:

Oh well...:lol:

StevenT

Originally posted by objr
Thats up there with finding the fastpass release button...:rolleyes:

Oh no, lets not even get started on that again. I remember the thread about that from not very long ago :rolleyes:

Pixie Duster

Cigarettes

I used to stop people all the time about smoking until that last two times when the person flicked their cigarette in my face. The first one landed on my foot, the second burned the tip of my nose. I have had a problem with stopping smokers since then...

Disney2002

Re: Re: For all who make False Fastpass

Originally posted by markc
I hate to be a smart ______, but that reasoning is wrong. Copyright violations aren't enforceable in this instance for many reasons, since it's being used on a personal level and not a commercial one and there are no monetary damages. Monetary damages have to be estimated at higher than $100 for it to be considered a violation of copyright. The most Disney could do is send a cease and decist order (sp?!), and the likelihood of them doing it over a scanned paper Fastpass is slim to none, especially since I really dont' think disney cares either way (after all, there are times that Disney hands out Fastpasses like they're nothing).

But I agree, it's stupid to make "personal" Fastpasses. Unless somebody is using the same kind of paper used to print them out and can match the exact tone of ink used, I think anybody who thinks they can get away with it is completely out of their mind.

Glad someone else posted this first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom