Official Photography Contest: The Best Photo Of The Year!!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
The Best Photo of the Year Photo Contest

Every once in a while, I like to try something different. This is something that we've never done here, but I have been thinking about it for quite some time.

So, how will this contest work?

Official Contest Rules

With this contest, all first place winners of all the past contests over 2008 will be put into polls.

Polling will work just like our regular polls do.

The first round of polling will work just like our grouping poll. Entries will be listed as each contest came up. Entries will also be labeled by a number, instead of a screen name, as some people have won contests more than once, so seeing multiple screen names of the same person would be confusing. Voters will vote for the best photo of each group. This round of voting will last for 6 days giving people ample time to vote.

Once polling has ended, the first, second, and third place winners in each of the grouping polls will then be included into a finals poll. Voters will then vote on which image they believe is the best image from this year. Once again, entries will be labeled by a number, instead of a screen name. Voting will also once again last for 6 days.

The winner of the final poll will be crowned the PHOTO OF THE YEAR! (In the event of a tie, all first place contestants will then be included in a run off, as there can only be one photo of the year contest winner.)

So, what will happen with the first place winner? (Well, besides the glory of being the photo of the year?) I'm glad you asked! :)

Thanks to a very generous donation, (courtesy of Random House and with a special thanks to ZapperZ) I have a prize for the first place winner!

The first place winner will recieve the book, "Official Price Guide to Mickey Mouse Collectibles" by Ted Hake.

The winner will be notifed by PM and will also be announced in the 2008 Winner's List once the contest has been completed.

So, best of luck everyone!!! Let's get the show on the road!

Polls are ready and can be found here:

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3

ZapperZ

Great idea, Nibbs.

I would also like to add that since I sponsored the prize, and since a few of my pictures are also in there, that I'm not eligible to win the prize.

:)

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom