Interesting Casey's Corner Picture...Any Thoughts?

Captain Hank

Original Poster
I noticed this during my last vacation, and promptly forgot about it. During lunch at Casey's Corner, I was sitting in the bleachers facing the TV showing Disney sports cartoons. On the same wall as the bleachers, there are a bunch of old baseball pictures. One in particular caught my attention.

It seemed a lot newer than the other pictures-it wasn't really grainy at all, yet it was dated "1915." Also, the players were sitting on very modern-looking metal bleachers. The last thing I noticed was...THEY WERE ALMOST ALL WEARING PRECISELY THE SAME MOUSTACHE! Could these be the Imagineers who did the Casey's corner rehab a few years back?

I got a photo of the picture:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9501&nocache=1

If you want to find it yourself, go in the TV room connected to Casey's Corner. The pictures are just inside the doorway, on the wall to the left. The picture I'm talking about is about at eye level.

So, any input about whether these could be Imagineers?

Laura

Good observation!

It's obviously not a picture from 1915. And not only that but I think the man in the dodgers shirt is really a woman. :lol:

I bet you're right!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They certainly have an Imagineer `look` about them. Also note the lighting - the sun is from the right, and there is a LOT of fill light from behind camera - something not used in 1915! Also the picture resolution looks too good.

Well spotted!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
what else do I see wrong...

that's a newer Braves, Cardinals, and Pirates logo, I don't believe there were any Red Sox T's in 1915.

And the person in the Dodgers shirt is definitely female

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
My friend pointed out that the shoes that they are wearing are also newer. And, the catcher's mitts are different years. Note what looks like an orange grove behind them.:lol: :D :)

Originally posted by mkt
what else do I see wrong...

that's a newer Braves, Cardinals, and Pirates logo, I don't believe there were any Red Sox T's in 1915.

And the person in the Dodgers shirt is definitely female

Looks like the bleachers at Mickeys Retreat

BenS

I'd bet money that these are Imagineers.

Also, notice some people are wearing their caps backwards? I don't think many people did that in 1915...

jaygatz

proof positive

This photo could not be from 1915 as the fellow in the front row second from right is wearing a Houston Colt 45's jersey, and the Colt 45's did not come into existence until 1962.

lamarvenoy

That is too weird. I can't believe that has been flying under the radar,it is pretty obvious but how many people give those pics more than a passing glance. Someone has to know the truth, pass this around to everyone.

Pixie Duster

It is definately a group of either Imagineers or Cast Members, I will try to remember to look at it this week and see if I recognize any faces. But whoever decided to put that in there great job!
Fantastic Job HCWalker!!!!!!

CubsRock

That is definitely new. The only accuate logo I see is the white sox (yuck) jersey and maybe the yankees. also as someone mentioned above there is a woman in the pic and pullover jerseys were not used until the 60s and 70s. also i think one of the braves jerseys in the back says atlanta, in 1915 the braves were in boston along with the red sox.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom