In-Room Decorating - Hotel XMAS

JonnyK

We will be making our 2nd christmas trip again this year and was wondering if there is any policy on hotel xmas decorating in the rooms, we noticed last year when we went and saw some rooms with some lights on the windows, so were planning to add some mickey and friends xmas lights around the windows of our room with some kind of clear hook to attach onto the windows, but we will be cleaning the windows once we leave the room.

Any Ideas? Suggestions?

Looking forward to visiting the world again. (2nd Week OF Dec) :xmas:

Phonedave

We will be making our 2nd christmas trip again this year and was wondering if there is any policy on hotel xmas decorating in the rooms, we noticed last year when we went and saw some rooms with some lights on the windows, so were planning to add some mickey and friends xmas lights around the windows of our room with some kind of clear hook to attach onto the windows, but we will be cleaning the windows once we leave the room.

Any Ideas? Suggestions?

Looking forward to visiting the world again. (2nd Week OF Dec) :xmas:

Yes, there is a policy. I cannot remember it exactly off the top of my head, but if you have window decorations, WDW may charge you a cleaning fee for ever day you have them up.

There was some discussion about why, and the general consensus was ....

Lights can be a fire hazard. Yes, we had several firefighters and other professionals come in and say the lights are not a hazard. However those are UL listed lights, WDW has no idea if the lights you are putting up are modern UL listed lights, or something your Uncle Elmer had in his basement since the days of Thomas Edison.

and

Some people either use very difficult to clean products or do not clean up after themselves. People use glass pens and other assorted products that may say they are washable, but either set after a number of days, or while they may be washable, it's not a quick swipe of a cloth. CM's came in with instances of mousekeeping taking 20+ minutes to clean a window to windows having to be replaced.

I can't recall where this discussion took place, either here, or on some other boards. But there is a policy about decorating windows, and the discussion of it did get a bit heated.

-dave

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

We ship a prelit tree down with ornaments and some extra lights. We also used window clings last year but was sure to clean up after our use, we will not be using them this year do to the ruckus it caused some ppl out checkout. We also do not use the lights if we are not in the room. Be safe and i'm sure you will be ok, little common sense goes a long way:wave:

Upvote 0

VT GAL

I called POR, and asked them about decorating the window and room. They just asked that we didn't write or tape on/around the window and for us not to use tape in the room. I didn't ask about lights, since we aren't going to be using them. We are going to bring windex in case any of the clings or suction cups leave marks.

Have a great trip!!!!

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

I will be bringing my pre-lit tree with us, I will be using window clings (no tape), I will be putting garland in the room, just wound around the bed posts and draped over the TV, things like that, I will also be putting lights around our balcony, and only have them on when we are in the room.

If they say anything to me, I will argue with them until one of us passes out. :lol:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Room decorating for Christmas time

For Christmas decorations in the resort rooms I think they mainly worry about guests putting things on the windows or walls that require extra cleaning to get off or repair.

There have been guests apparently who put Christmas decorations on the windows with tape or glue that gets left on when the guest checks out.
Sometimes they charge the guest for the extra cleaning.

We plan to decorate for Christmas by bringing a small Christmas tree that goes on the room table and also some Disney Christmas window decorations that cling by themselves with no tape or glue needed.

:xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

Bug715

We plan on decorating the sam way we did last year. We'll take lights for the balcony and the little christmas tree my mom mailed me last year. The tree is truly a charlie brown tree but it makes the presents look bigger.

I think that as long as whatever you put up can be removed and the next guest can't tell what was there they don't have a problem. When my friend and I wend down for MNSSHP I got some of those gell window clings (It said Boo too you, how perfect?!). I put them on the window and the mirror and mousekeeping didn't have a problem.

Upvote 0

JonnyK

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone, The New Policy sounds like a serious issue, :eek: but I think we may go ahead and just bring a small tree and put the lights onto the tree instead.

Were not sure yet, either windows or tree, but im wondering how much would they charge you for the windows decoration? like a 10 fee or similar.

Thanks! :xmas:

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Just last Christmas I was allowed to place a strand of lights on the window with small suction cups and placed a small pre-lit tree on the table in the room. I also placed a wreath with long ribbons attached between the beds. Go nuts- its Christmas! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Chrystal Hilton

My fam and i are going to disney the 1st of dec and we soooo want to decorate our room ... i picked up a mickey and friends door flag on clearence after christmas that hangs on door with hooks over the door.....we also made paper scrapbook stockings that we were gonna put in the window but i dont know how...i dont want to get in trouble using tape ... heard on another board of someone using a small dab of glue stick and it workin well and washed off easy........any ideas???? i got 3 kids and i wanna make this awsome for them :)

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

My fam and i are going to disney the 1st of dec and we soooo want to decorate our room ... i picked up a mickey and friends door flag on clearence after christmas that hangs on door with hooks over the door.....we also made paper scrapbook stockings that we were gonna put in the window but i dont know how...i dont want to get in trouble using tape ... heard on another board of someone using a small dab of glue stick and it workin well and washed off easy........any ideas???? i got 3 kids and i wanna make this awsome for them :)

Wow! I hardly remember posting here. I feel like the Ghost of Christmas Past. Anyhoo, I refer you to my two year old post above. I suggest that you attach the aforementioned stockings to the windows with suction cups that have hooks on the opposite side of the cup. They are easy to find and convenient to use. Additionally, they pose no threat to the windows or the mousekeeping staff. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom