WDW Around the Christmas Tree

Chris

Original Poster
I have corrupted my children. After retruning from our Nov/Dec trip to WDW, my family and I were putting up or Christmas tree. We hade lots of Disney ornaments and always hang them on the tree and try to get a new one every year. After the tree was decorated, I started to put the Christmas train around the base. My children (5 and 7). asked me to stop because they didn't want the train this year. I was a little stunned as they have always loved the train but I adheared to their wishes and put the train back in the attic. The next morning I heard the kids get up and I assumed they were playing while I was getting ready for work. When I went upstairs to get them ready for school, they had assembled the WDW monorail complete with Contemporary Resort and Space Ship Earth around the tree and under the tree was the Magic Kingdom play set. I was thrilled but am still a little stunned that my kids are turning into bigger Disney Freaks than I am. I know that there are probably lots of "Disney" trees decorated out there but anyone have a working model of WDW under theirs?

Mrs. Griswold

I saw that monorail set while at WDW, and in TDS catalog and wanted it to do the same thing your kids did. What a wonderful idea! I just wish I followed through with it. I didn't and now I'm sorry. I am determined to do it next year! I'll bet it looks great. What wonderful kids you have! I hope my DS grows up to be a Disney freak like him mom! His whole bedroom (nursery) is done in the great Mickey Mouse themeing. He'll either love it or hate it! :animwink:

Tom Morrow

I thought thats kind of what the monorail sets were intended for! If not, then thats definately what I would have done if I had bought it. I really wanted it, but for 70 bucks?? No way! Instead, I bought the 15 dollar monorail cars. :lol:

Dizknee_Phreek

my dad is a HUGE model train freak (HO and G scales) and when he saw the monorail during one of our WDW trips, he just HAD to have it! And I believe it was our trip this past April when he saw the Contemporary and Spaceship Earth...hence, we have those as well. he's always wanted to put a shelf near the ceiling in a room in the house to set up a train....but i wonder if he's ever considered our model monorail...i'll have to suggest that to him sometime!

Sheri

We used to have a train around the base, but it wasn't Disney and we never use it anymore :(

As for ornaments, We have some I think one ornament from the millenium celabration on tree downstairs (the one we use for the presents an all)...And I also have a little 3 foot tree in my bedroom, and the only ornaments on that are disney charectors and 2 or 3 from DW

DisneyPhD

We just got back from a week at WDW (Dec 13-20). Everything went well and the weather was great.

One of the things we saw was a Monorail Chistmas ordenment with lights and sounds. It was 22 dollers and I really wanted to get it for my brother in law who instisted that he didn't want anything Disney for Christmas. My husband voted to pass, and well I spent so much $ all ready. Now I am wishing I got it.
It wouldn't work in the display box so we werent able to tell if it said:
"Please stand clear of the doors" and then again in spanish.
We stayed at Ploy and were on the Monorails often. We tried to memorize the prase, but didn't get it all down and I wouldn't even dream of trying to spell it. (any help Maria?)

Originally posted by Chris
... they had assembled the WDW monorail complete with Contemporary Resort and Space Ship Earth around the tree and under the tree was the Magic Kingdom play set. I was thrilled but am still a little stunned that my kids are turning into bigger Disney Freaks than I am. I know that there are probably lots of "Disney" trees decorated out there but anyone have a working model of WDW under theirs?

Having just returned from WDW, I am assembling the monorail this morning. However, my 4 year old son has noticed that SE isn't right. Now I've got to find a way to make the hand, want, "letters" as he calls them and stars. Oy.

No, I don't have a "real" working model of WDW. That would take considerably more floor space than my house has!

Tom Morrow

You know how I said I wanted the monorail set and was going to buy it at Disney World but didn't have enough money? Well I got it for Christmas! Yippieee!

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyPhD

"Please stand clear of the doors" and then again in spanish.
We stayed at Ploy and were on the Monorails often. We tried to memorize the prase, but didn't get it all down and I wouldn't even dream of trying to spell it. (any help Maria?)

It should be:

"Por favor, manténganse alejados de las puertas"

however, what you hear is not in correct Spanish! It has a little grammar mistake on the "manténganse alejados" part because the first word is in plural and the second one in singular...

The monorail voice says: "por favor, manténganse alejado de las puertas."
:) :)

PrincessAriel

LOL I'm sure not a fluent speaker of Spanish. I'm in my 4th year but still lol :lol: I'll make sure to listen for the gramatical error on my next monorail ride in 5 days!! yippee!!! I'm excited hehe.

Tapestry2000

Originally posted by Chris
The next morning I heard the kids get up and I assumed they were playing while I was getting ready for work. When I went upstairs to get them ready for school, they had assembled the WDW monorail complete with Contemporary Resort and Space Ship Earth around the tree and under the tree was the Magic Kingdom play set. I was thrilled but am still a little stunned that my kids are turning into bigger Disney Freaks than I am. I know that there are probably lots of "Disney" trees decorated out there but anyone have a working model of WDW under theirs?

Hey Chris - that's such a sweet story! I uploaded pictures of my Disney Christmas tree in the photos section if you want to look, and I have the monorail running under my regular Christmas tree in the living room, also complete with the Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary resort. the monorail wouldn't fit under the Disney tree this year b/c of the Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary, so we put it under the regular tree - it looks really nice!

Maria

Re: Re: WDW Around the Christmas Tree

Originally posted by Tapestry2000

Hey Chris - that's such a sweet story! I uploaded pictures of my Disney Christmas tree in the photos section if you want to look, and I have the monorail running under my regular Christmas tree in the living room, also complete with the Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary resort. the monorail wouldn't fit under the Disney tree this year b/c of the Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary, so we put it under the regular tree - it looks really nice!

I would love to see that monorail with the Contemporary and Spaceship Earth! Could u please post a pic?? Thanks!! :)

Tapestry2000

Sure! :) As soon as I get the pictures developed I'll upload them for you ^_^

Man, was my uncle surprised when he recieved the Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary for his monorail for Christmas! When he came to my house on Christmas Eve, he was drooling over it, haha :lol: ;)

Chris

Original Poster
I am certain that I have missed something in the FAQ but I can't figure out how to post a picture in my message. Any help????:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom