When is Wall-E coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Is Wall-E even coming?

I was looking around on Screamscape, and I saw this posted for DCA...

(8/2/08) "In a disappointing twist, it seems that the real world Wall-E may not be coming to California Adventure after all. If the rumors are true something may have gone amiss with the first robot that we’ve all seen clips of already, that may be caused them to drop or delay plans to bring one to the park."

Does anyone know if there is some truth to this on DHS's side of the picture?
It is already August, and I thought he was supposed to come out soon.

I'm betting that they're going to wait for the DVD release now, seeing as it is way too late to bring him out to promote the movie. Or possibly bringing him out soon to keep him in people's minds leading up to the DVD/Blu Ray release.

dbogue

From everything I hear backstage Wall E was tested at Epcot, and they could not get him to work for very long. So I hear they may scrap the idea for a while. Or at least try again with another AA.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Or at least try again with another AA.
I really wish they could get one of these advanced AAs "permanently" placed in the parks like the trash can is in Tomorrowland and the tree at Animal Kingdom.

Lucky just visited, the Muppet Mobile Lab just visited Epcot for a few weeks, and now Wall-E may not even be coming.:(

At least there is progress being made. Hopefully the next AA will be even better!

Piebald

I said it before a long time ago, he is probably not coming.

He was tested out and it just didn't work out. I don't mean in a technical aspect, but simply because Wall-E, as cute as he is, is just too .... simple?

Lucky was big and entertaining and the Muppet Mobile Lab could interact with everyone. Wall-E just beeps. There is no "show" to it. It wouldn't work out with people taking pictures with him because one dumb kid and Wall-E is going to be missing an arm or just kicked right over. I would be REALLY surprised if they change their minds and bring out for the DVD release. Anything is possible but .... I doubt it. By then there will be Bolt or whatever else and no one will even remember.

DizneyPryncess

On July 11th, I was at the Magic Kingdom and I went to City Hall to ask where I could find Wall-E. The CM I spoke to told me that Wall-E was not out just yet, but probably would be in the next few weeks. He said that Wall-E was designed like Push, and would run similarly. I'm surprised he's not out yet, and would be sad if they decided to scrap the whole idea. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom