Big announcements!?

brkn3467

Original Poster
Read - very interesting!!
from touringplans.com, in their recent WDW news section:

"The return of the October hoopla?

Disney has been known in years past for having a major press event hoopla at the beginning of October which coincides with the start of the company's fiscal year. This is usually a massive multi-park press event that announces upcoming attractions and plans for the next several years. There have not been such events for the last few years.

This year many small fragments of information are pointing to the return of such an event with major announcements included. The cancellation of the October 3rd Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party appears to tie directly into this line of logic, allowing the use of Magic Kingdom on a Friday evening for press events.

We're looking forward to the announcements and much excitement for the future of the resort. "

Food for thought anyway!:shrug:
progress.gif

hokielutz

Interesting analysis. I wouldn't mind some clue-in on big future plans myself.... but that hasn't been happening in recent years. Disney has kept its changes, major refurb schedules, future plans, etc pretty close to its vest.

Would they change their past behavior for a more open and transparent view of operational and future plans? I don't know and I will probably not get my hopes up of this changing anytime soon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Stranger things have happened, and the battle against the competition could use some good media coverage....

WildLodgeFan

Interesting analysis. I wouldn't mind some clue-in on big future plans myself.... but that hasn't been happening in recent years. Disney has kept its changes, major refurb schedules, future plans, etc pretty close to its vest.

Would they change their past behavior for a more open and transparent view of operational and future plans? I don't know and I will probably not get my hopes up of this changing anytime soon.

As a marketer, I would look at it this way. We know we are in an economic downturn and that this occurs in 3 - 5 year cycles. By creating a big press event and making some major announcements there are some distinct advantages. First, for all the major Disney fans (you know all the people who post or visit here regularly), you create a buzz that will encourage them to travel to see the construction. Second, you are also creating a future desire to travel for those that quite can't afford it now, but would start thinking about saving to be part of the big 40th celebration. Third, you are responding to the competition, not by directly building something to compete in the same year, but yes, we know they are there, we just have something bigger and better to introduce.

Of course, that's just what I do. ;)

aladdin2007

hmmm Im thinking an annoucement in October might include a certain mermaid we all know and love, and a little purple dragon. But I know nothing, Im just sayin :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom