The DHS Pixar revamp! (According to Jim Hill)

Sassagoula-Rvr

Well call me spoiled or overcritical but I still think that DHS don't need a second coaster but instead the long overdue Florida-version of the highly popular Indiana Jones Adventure or something similar innovative and spectacular. And please don't come with the old argument that DAKs "Dinosaur" is the IJA-version built for WDW and they don't need a mere copy of the DL and TDS-attractions. It cannot hold a candle to the original.
Indiana Jones Adventure for DHS NOW!

EXACTLY, I HATED Dinosaur but when I went to Dl I rode IJA and it is now my favorite Disney ride. PLEASE bring it to Florida.

raven

I can confirm a Monster Inc. attraction is being built. But I just can't give the details. :zipit:

WDI had more meetings with the contracting company last week (which I cannot say) here in the Detroit, Michigan area.

MonsterManX

I can confirm a Monster Inc. attraction is being built. But I just can't give the details. :zipit:

WDI had more meetings with the contracting company last week (which I cannot say) here in the Detroit, Michigan area.

yay my locked topic didn't die in vain XD , Man this has to be a coaster , there's no way they cant do that.

durangojim

Pretty cool that Disney is bringing some much needed business to Michigan.

hokielutz

Wow... Jim Hill is going to get something right? That'll boost his stock.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I probally sound silly , but who exactly is Jim Hill? He Sounds extremely familar reguarding maybe tv shows or something.
Here ya go. http://jimhillmedia.com/default.aspx
Don't worry I just learned too. :D

You must tell, your job isn't really that worth it is it? <Sarcasm>

Pete C

I went on Raging Spirits at DisneySea last fall. It's a lousy contraption of a coaster...an almost carnival-level ride which uses theming to hide the pre-fabricated ride structure. It's uncomfortable, rough, and not very exciting. I wouldn't say it is horrible, but certainly nothing we would actually want at WDW.

raven

sorry to hear that! Um well how do you find out things like this? I swear again sorry if I sound silly , it's just me being a new member here.

Simply by talking about WDW all the time to everyone. One thing leads to another and people who work certain companies just talk to me. :D

raven

So you're the go to guy? That's awesome XD

Well, everyone knows that if they have questions about WDW to come to me. I just finished directing a production of Snow White and the cast gave me a scrapbook. On the last page it asked them to use one work to discribe me. In big letters it said "DISNEY." :lol:

The person who openned up to me about the Monster Inc. attraction actually worked on the production team with me. Another friend who works for the same company told me as well. But they said they were told it will either be in Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Well, knowing that DCA already has the Monster Inc. Factory Tour it kinda leaves the other option open.

tirian

Forget about Imagineers. Disney needs to make the filmmakers and actors sign NDAs about upcoming attractions; so far, they've leaked Star Tours 2 and Monsters, Inc. ;)

(I'm kidding.)

WildLodgeFan

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but if you check here: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/07/30/pixar-eyeing-monsters-inc-sequel-says-films-director/

It has a line that says "In the moment, those ideas are being filtered into a “Monsters, Inc” roller-coaster at the Walt Disney Resorts, which should open in a couple of years."

:)

Kind of interesting. I always thought they left MI wide open for a sequel but one never came. I mean come on, what happens when Sully reconnects with Boo? Wouldn't it be funny if they got stuck in the human world and had to find a way home? :lol:

montyz81

While it does sound interesting, and I'm all for new attractions, I wish WDI would focus a little more on creating more diversity in terms of "franchises" represented in the parks. I feel there is already too much overlap and redundancy at WDW with the attractions themes. There is already a Monsters, Inc. attraction, three Nemo attractions, 2 Toy Story's, something like 3 or 4 Lion Kings, etc, etc. With all of the intellectual property at Disney's disposal, I feel they could make better decisions with regard to "franchise"-themed attraction distribution,.

YES. Tell them to put in a "Meet the Robinsons" themed ride (although I think that would work much better over by Space Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom