Wild Tiki Room Rumor

Spike-in-Berlin

[/b]

PROUD PURIST HERE! bring back an enhanced version of the original illumiNations!

I declare open the first official PURIST PRIDE DAY 2008.
I am a purist and I am proud of it too. I want the original IllumiNations back too, the present show has nothing to do with the nations surrounding WS.

EPCOT Explorer

I declare open the first official PURIST PRIDE DAY 2008.
I am a purist and I am proud of it too. I want the original IllumiNations back too, the present show has nothing to do with the nations surrounding WS.

I second it!:sohappy::wave:

Original IllumiNations though...?Revolutionary,yes.New,no.

But I've been spoiled by ROE-Original music beats the typical high brow classical music of EPCOT Center.A storyline helps too.:lookaroun:lol:

tirian

Always a pleasure! Magic Kingdom's main focus (aside from one or two additions in the future) will be about refreshing their attractions, bringing new life to the classics (like we have seen with Haunted Mansion and Pirates) while preserving all that makes the park so classic. Tomorrowland will receive alot of the focus in regards to touch-ups, but Adventureland has a nice set of projects in store, as does Fantasyland.

^^ Ditto. There's also a wild idea for Frontierland, but it's so Blue Sky it's not worth mentioning. (No, not Western River Expedition.)

WDW's 40th will be advertised as heavily as DL's 50th.

Expo_Seeker40

I can't wait until the Carousel family gets a new living room :D

With tomorrowland touch-ups, does this call for new facades, or a continuation of the 1994 theme?

elchippo

^^ Ditto. There's also a wild idea for Frontierland, but it's so Blue Sky it's not worth mentioning. (No, not Western River Expedition.)

WDW's 40th will be advertised as heavily as DL's 50th.

I predict that they are hoping the upcoming Lone Ranger movie (is that still happening?) will revitalize Frontierland the way POTC did for Adventureland

RSoxNo1

Seems to me the character is not especially likable, not Disney-esque and the original film was not classic Disney. I do give Disney credit for taking a gamble but the film would have been much better if the satire had of been heavier. The early teaser trailers showed so much promise for a movie that was ultimately quite ordinary. The sooner they sell off Stitch the better IMO. (now there is a property I wouldn't mind if Disney sold!:))

That's somewhat valid. Mickey Mouse was initially more of a mischievous character, but his persona was softened when he became the corporate symbol that he is today. If you look at how Stitch is marketed overseas (specifically Japan), he's more of a loveable characater and less of a mischievous character.

Hayabusa_63

Does anyone have any more info regarding the Tomorrowland updates in terms of what thematic direction it is taking or is it going to stick with it's 1994 "the future that never was", galactic space-port theme?

dxwwf3

I'm not even going to get close to getting excited about a "new" Tomorrowland until Disney tells us what they are actually going to do. For all we know, they could scrap current plans and continue with the direction the land is currently taking.

EPCOT Explorer

By everyone, especially the children who danced merrily into he night at such news.
:ROFLOL:

Do you have any info you could give on a new attraction for tomorrowland since Stitch may be going away, or is this refurb just on the "look" of the land?

Does anyone have any more info regarding the Tomorrowland updates in terms of what thematic direction it is taking or is it going to stick with it's 1994 "the future that never was", galactic space-port theme?
I think it might be more thematic and cohesive than before.

dxwwf3

Whats wrong with TL as is? I know things need change, but TL imo is fine with the exception of the monsters mess and maybe stitch.

Lack of upkeep on Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain needing an update badly, Buzz Lightyear also in need of a refurbishment and upgrade to Astro Blasters-style guns, Galaxy Palace theater basically sitting there empty most of the time..............

Monsters Inc was a good attraction, IMO, but just felt really out of place to me at least. That whole attraction from the time you enter the building until the time you walk out, you feel like you're in the Hollywood Studios. To me, it seems that the attraction was made specifically for the park.

kcw

I sure hope Disneyland gets something out of this whole WDW 40th anniversary shindig. If you got attractions and nearly overshadowed our birthday, we deserve something in return.

No worries, from what I've heard we've got plenty of good stuff coming to CA for the 55th :D..... though now that I think of it, it's more on the entertainment side than the ride side

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom