Disney goes Green...reusable shopping bags

disneydiva72

Original Poster
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Disney is now selling reusable tote bags (that come in a variety of colors) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For $5.95,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] they are being sold at multiple parks and at Downtown Disney. These tote bags come in a small pouch with a clip attached for when the bag isn't in use. It's easy to keep with you, and it's a way to reduce your plastic waste.

They look like this when not in use...

0172_1.JPG

[/FONT]

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We buy reusable shopping bags around here for about $0.99. Stop & Shop, Target, etc. Can't seem to justify the additional $5 just to have Mickey all over the bag. I love Mickey and all, but $5??? :brick:

Disneykidder

Cute bag but don't think I will buy them to reuse in the parks/DTD since we usually have all of our items shipped back to our room. Maybe i'll buy this cute bag, have them put it in a bag and ship it back to our resort. :ROFLOL:

Seriously, I think they mean well but at the same time making a buck.

lilo091701

Disney Store

We had reusable bags that we sold shortly after Christmas and it was a HUGE hit!!!! $2.50...had Mickey one it and everyone loved it!!! We were supposed to be getting new ones every few months but haven't seen them since the WDW take over!! The new ones were supposed to be Camp Rock,Wall-e,NMBC,Tink!!

Great for gifts!!!!

krisrunsdisney

:rolleyes:
We buy reusable shopping bags around here for about $0.99. Stop & Shop, Target, etc. Can't seem to justify the additional $5 just to have Mickey all over the bag. I love Mickey and all, but $5??? :brick:

Still less expensive than the ones Oprah was hawking earlier this year . $9 for those!! The ones I've bought from the commissary here were 79 cents, 99 cents for the insulated ones. But I supppose I'd buy one Disney/Mickey one because I love WDW too much to say no. :rolleyes:

DisneyMusician2

Don't know about the $5, but many companies are doing this not only to go green, but to save money.

Producing disposable bags is a high cost for something that usually gets thrown out by the consumer.

I know IKEA is actually charging a surcharge for normal plastic bags, just to recoup and make their reusable gabs look more marketable.

tigsmom

Cute idea, but I can buy Disney fabric and make my own for a lot cheaper.

I kinda like the different themed Disney bags though, I have a nice collection. :lookaroun

tigsmom

have you noticed reusable bags are showing up everywhere? i think it's great!

I do too! I have 12 bags for grocery shopping and 3 others that I keep in the car (they fold down very small and snap shut) to use when I stop at the mall.

lpet11984

Very cute!! Those remind me of the colored vests the waiters wear in Animator's Palate on DCL...Anyone have any other pictures of other ones being offered?

I love the reusable shopping bags for Meijer-- use them all the time. Although $5 is a bit more expensive, they also look like they're made of better material and they fold up/clip on -- very nice when you're starting the day out and you don't want to go through the bag check line, so you can use some pockets and fold the bag up to walk on through.

Edit: Does anyone know if they sell these at Disneyland as well??

Dragonrider1227

FIVE BUCKS? O_O I guess it wouldn't be a Disney World item without overcharging stuff :lol: I might get a few on my next trip. Especially since we can use them over and over long after our trip :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom