universal studios california fire

joshwill

Original Poster
i know its not the mouse, apologies, but..

watching cnn now and they just broke in about something going wrong and fire and exploding propane tanks, heard over a mile away, at universal in california.\

nothing on the web as of yet.

joshwill

Original Poster
Watching it on FoxNews. I'm going there in a few weeks!

has fox blamed it on the democrats yet? BWAHAHAHHA...j/k :drevil:

wow, theyre showing video that was taken while it was still dark, it doesnt look good. may have been during a film shoot, that doesnt sound good.

centrino_7x

TMZ are saying it started in the "New York" soundstage, has destroyed at least one building and damaged the Earthquake ride - (part of Studio Tram Tour)

Fun2BFree

TMZ are saying it started in the "New York" soundstage, has destroyed at least one building and damaged the Earthquake ride - (what Earthquake ride?)

In USH, there is an Earthquake section of the Backlot Tour.

EDIT: Ah, it appears you've already edited in the relevant info into your post first. I need to type quicker.

centrino_7x

In USH, there is an Earthquake section of the Backlot Tour.

EDIT: Ah, it appears you've already edited in the relevant info into your post first. I need to type quicker.
lol, yeh I found it eventually.

I did think there was an Earthquake ride, but I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere.

centrino_7x

I'm in the UK and we are seeing live pictures on our news channels.

Seems under control. Facades coming down all over the place though.

wvdisneyfamily

has fox blamed it on the democrats yet? BWAHAHAHHA...j/k :drevil:

But it's fair and balanced...:lookaroun

wow, theyre showing video that was taken while it was still dark, it doesnt look good. may have been during a film shoot, that doesnt sound good.

This is sad. I hope no one was hurt. :(

Kingdom WDW

I'm ready to start a political debate and defend the FNC! Who's with me? :lookaroun

It's mostly contained now. They're having water pressure problems, though. Last I heard, two of four sides are contained, and they're guarding the film vault to protect the films they made.

joshwill

Original Poster
I'm ready to start a political debate and defend the FNC! Who's with me? :lookaroun

It's mostly contained now. They're having water pressure problems, though. Last I heard, two of four sides are contained, and they're guarding the film vault to protect the films they made.

much as id like that debate, it always amuses me, i dont think the PTB's would like us doing it here.

i would think that the the film vaults would be very safe. given the area that the studios are in, they should have an excess of protection against fire, earthquake, etc. damage.

joshwill

Original Poster
ok, this is bad, one of the film vault building IS on fire.

luckily still no mention of human injuries.

king kong is burning too :(

centrino_7x

Now the lead story on the BBC here in the UK.

The fire looked like it was under control, but it looks like its just spread to a new building. It's massive - not looking good at all.

joshwill

Original Poster
they just said king kong was a total loss.

that is sad. they removed kong in orlando in favor of the mummy ride. i doubt they would rebuild the kong ride after this in hollywood.

goodbye ya big ape :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom