Disney Mall thought.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
I just thought about maybe start a group project, but have the magic kingdom park be like a mall. I know, it does sound weird, but think of it like: Disney Quest, DTD, The Magic Kingdom, and the mall of america combined. A Knotts camp snoopy-type indoor theme park that's a small magic kingdom with all the lands and the surrounding entertainment complex could be sort of themed to the lands also. It doesn't have to be all shops though, it could have a movie theater, bowling alley and many other things. I'd like this to be a group project because I need some thoughts and ideas about this and some help. Any help is welcome. Its a concept that needs work and I need you thoughts. So lets start.

tj229er

Sounds like a cool idea i just finished watching a special on the travel channel talking about the mall of america. It's like it's own city.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by tj229er
Sounds like a cool idea i just finished watching a special on the travel channel talking about the mall of america. It's like it's own city.

Yeah, I watched that last night. I've been there a couple of times. Its alot of fun. This is where I got the idea of the Disney Mall.
Everyone is invited to join in and help!:)

KentB3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Yeah, I watched that last night. I've been there a couple of times. Its alot of fun. This is where I got the idea of the Disney Mall.
Everyone is invited to join in and help!:)

I'd like to join in! Sounds like a most interesting and brilliant idea! :)

My first choice for the location would be somewhere in Minnesota, due to the area's climate. Also, it could offer another theme park to visit year round in addition to Knott's Camp Snoopy in the Mall of America.

I look forward to working with you on this project! :)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by KentB3
I'd like to join in! Sounds like a most interesting and brilliant idea! :)

My first choice for the location would be somewhere in Minnesota, due to the area's climate. Also, it could offer another theme park to visit year round in addition to Knott's Camp Snoopy in the Mall of America.

I look forward to working with you on this project! :)

Great! That's one person. Tahu, tj229er, would you guys like to join too? Once we get everyone to join, we'll start!:)

WeirdOne

I think this would be better suited as an "expanded" Downtown Disney/Ikspiari, not a Magic Kingdom. A Magic Kingdom is simply too much fantasy and detail and magic to fit into a mall, not to mention it's TOO huge. The logistics would be crazy. Again, I'd suggest an "expanded/improved/more stuff to do" Downtown Disney/Ikspiari with hotels, etc, much easier and logistically possible than a Magic Kindom. - The WeirdOne :D

FigmentJedi

Count me in! My idea for the mall is that it is all an indoor park, and the shops,rides, shows and resturants are interspersed throughout the mall. They're would be several wings dedicated to different aspects of disney's magic. The Fantasy wing would include a fantasyland/old JII feel. The adventure wing would encompass Frontierland and Adventureland. The Movie Magic wing would have stuff on moviemaking and a MGM studios feel. the Future wing would have elements from epcot and Tommorowland.
The Animal wing would include the animal aspect of Adventureland(Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room) along withanimal kingdom stuff. The realm changes would be seamless so that you could easily go from Adventure to Animal, and stuff like that.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tahu
Count me in! My idea for the mall is that it is all an indoor park, and the shops,rides, shows and resturants are interspersed throughout the mall. They're would be several wings dedicated to different aspects of disney's magic. The Fantasy wing would include a fantasyland/old JII feel. The adventure wing would encompass Frontierland and Adventureland. The Movie Magic wing would have stuff on moviemaking and a MGM studios feel. the Future wing would have elements from epcot and Tommorowland.
The Animal wing would include the animal aspect of Adventureland(Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room) along withanimal kingdom stuff. The realm changes would be seamless so that you could easily go from Adventure to Animal, and stuff like that.

Excelent! I love those ideas. I absolutley love them!:D I'll try to draw a layout of it soon. The layout would be just like the regular magic kingdom, except much smaller. Over the themepark lands would be large skylights like camp snoopy's. Surrounding the lands would be the shopping districts two levels with the sides of the coridors having a clear veiw of the lands down below. Also, each land would be seperated by walls, and and....... OOOHHHH!!! Its so frustrating trying to explain it in words. I'll draw a diagram of it tomorrow to explain it better.
Any way, Tahu, I love your ideas for the lands, but I'm not wild about the animal wing, and that's it. Wow, this is gonna fit pretty well. But the shoppers don't want to be surrounded by Disney stuff only. Disney would probably have to churn out other products other than Disney souveniers. Of corse, its like DTD where it has different stores... so I guess that will work out.
As for admission, guests can get in free, but have to buy special cars with a limited amount of points on them to ride the attractions.

Any way, in our group we so far have: KentB3, Tahu, and me. Anyone else is more than welcome to join.
:)

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
I'll join. it sounds interesting

Great!:) Let's see, we now have: Imagineer04, Kent, and Tahu.
BTW, sorry I havn't posted in a couple of days, but I've been busy lately. I'll get that drawing done as soon as possible.:)

I Love Epcot

I might be able to help, I live about 10 minutes away from the MOA. They are planning to add on to the mall and add a hotel in one wing, I think we need one of those in this DisneyMall. Also a few automatic walkways to help slower people move around.

SIR90210

I'll join! I seem to remember hearing that Chicago's retail square footage is a little bit low, so Chicagoland might work.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by SIR90210
I'll join! I seem to remember hearing that Chicago's retail square footage is a little bit low, so Chicagoland might work.

Great! I never thought of Chicago, and it just might work there.

So now we have: SIR, I Love Epcot, Imagineer04, Kent, Tahu, and me. So, that looks like about enough people so let's get started!:sohappy:

KentB3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Great! I never thought of Chicago, and it just might work there.

So now we have: SIR, I Love Epcot, Imagineer04, Kent, Tahu, and me. So, that looks like about enough people so let's get started!:sohappy:

Chicago sounds great! It's a large metropolitan area with a significant enough population to support this park/shopping resort.

Not sure how much area the park should cover. Camp Snoopy covers 7 acres; miniscule compared to Disneyland (87 acres) and the Magic Kingdom (107 acres). If we are creating a Magic Kingdom-like park, even though indoors, it should be MUCH larger than 7 acres!

What I can see right now is a park in the middle of the mall, with retail stores wrapping around it! Mall of America has 525 stores on 4 levels, but ironically, is not the largest mall in the world. That honor goes to West Edmonton Mall in Canada, which has over 800 stores-- on 2 levels (I think), but spread over a larger land area. My thoughts are to build this mall much like Mall of America, but cover a larger land area like West Edmonton Mall. In other words, we could very easily wind up with the largest mall in the world!!!!! :D

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by KentB3
Chicago sounds great! It's a large metropolitan area with a significant enough population to support this park/shopping resort.

Not sure how much area the park should cover. Camp Snoopy covers 7 acres; miniscule compared to Disneyland (87 acres) and the Magic Kingdom (107 acres). If we are creating a Magic Kingdom-like park, even though indoors, it should be MUCH larger than 7 acres!

What I can see right now is a park in the middle of the mall, with retail stores wrapping around it! Mall of America has 525 stores on 4 levels, but ironically, is not the largest mall in the world. That honor goes to West Edmonton Mall in Canada, which has over 800 stores-- on 2 levels (I think), but spread over a larger land area. My thoughts are to build this mall much like Mall of America, but cover a larger land area like West Edmonton Mall. In other words, we could very easily wind up with the largest mall in the world!!!!! :D

Yeah! That would be awsome. I've made a very rough diagram of what it would look like from above, and I'll be showing it soon. There are a few attractions that we'll have to sacrifise sor space. They are: Autopia, Rivers of America/ River Boat/ Tom Sawyer's Island, Story Bookland, and Jungle Cruise ( we can always make a Jungle Cruise simulator ). That's all I can think of for now. Any thoughts?

I Love Epcot

You might want to make it a pyramid because even if we dont have a castle (we could have some sort of cool sculpture) you still have some tall rides. Also I think in another area we shoul have a World Showcase Kind of area, but add Greece, Thailand, Russia and India and possible Australia.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by I Love Epcot
You might want to make it a pyramid because even if we dont have a castle (we could have some sort of cool sculpture) you still have some tall rides. Also I think in another area we shoul have a World Showcase Kind of area, but add Greece, Thailand, Russia and India and possible Australia.

Well, a castle stands that the place that you're in is pure disney. It doesn't have to be as tall as WDW's castle. It could be just about as tall as DL's castle, if not a bit taller. Splash Mountain and BTMRR will probably schaled down a little. Space Mountain could have a cool facade, but the actual roller coaster could be in a building outside the berm of the mall. The actual coaster would be too big to fit in.

I'm not too sure about the World Showcase thing. Many of the counties are represented in Adventureland and Fantaseyland anyway.

BTW, we need to start thinking on what rides we can have and maybe some new ones.

:)

SIR90210

Crazy idea- during the spring & summer, Chicago's weather is quite nice, but the winter/fall weather is bitter cold, so here's my idea- RETRACTABLE ROOF OVER THE PARK!!! They have them in large baseball/football stadiums, so why not with our mall? That would be so cool! Also, I looked on a map, and there are at least 150 acres of land along Interstate 55 in the Chicago suburb of Bollingbrook where we could put our mall.

BTW, My 100th post!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

FigmentJedi

My idea for the layout is that from the Parking lot and hotel, you take a people mover car into the mall building. The building has a large open area surrounding it so it can expand further. The Peoplemover goes to the middle of the mall by the castle. There, you can embark on to the wings and explore the park. The building has a glass roof like the Mall Of America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom