An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Wilt Dasney

Cool link, Nicole.

Those are some funny stories (especially about the women he met) but I think he's pretty much screwed any chances he had of being re-hired. :lol:

Nicole220

Original Poster
Cool link, Nicole.

Those are some funny stories (especially about the women he met) but I think he's pretty much screwed any chances he had of being re-hired. :lol:
I couldn't believe some of the women stories! :eek: I mean, if it were Johnny Depp, I could understand...but a character at DL? :lol:

I once offered Jack a penny to take a picture with me...I feel kinda weird now. :lol:

To me, it seemed like he didn't wanted to get re-hired.

imamouse

Thanks for the link - it's a great peek behind the scenes. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know clocking in late would incur penalties, but it's all over now.

primetime52

What a great article. Those stories about women are hilarious. Notice how he didn't specify whether or not he accepted any of those propositions from overly excited female guests....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I couldn't believe some of the women stories! :eek: I mean, if it were Johnny Depp, I could understand...but a character at DL? :lol:
I once offered Jack a penny to take a picture with me...I feel kinda weird now. :lol:

To me, it seemed like he didn't wanted to get re-hired.
I saw it first hand a few times at the Pirate tutorial at MK and it was IMHO kind of pathetic on the part of the women doing it. I guess a few had some issues separating fantasy from reality. From my understanding "over affectionate women" are the reason that the Captain does not do regular meet n greets at WDW.

tigfan

Thanks for the link - it's a great peek behind the scenes. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know clocking in late would incur penalties, but it's all over now.

I agree. In fact, he seems to kind of portray himself as a victim of...what did he call them? "Nazis in mouse ears" or something to that effect? But it sounds like he was intentionally violating rules right and left just because he felt like it or didn't agree with the rules. Someone should have told him it doesn't work that way (because he definitely seemed clueless about that fact). It's just funny how he describes it as though he was being picked on and treated so unfairly.

I also thought it was funny how he ends the article by making himself sound so noble and professional (i.e. "I told them I was a friend of Jack...because that's what I was trained to do.") Gimme a break. If he truly had that level of professionalism, maybe he'd still have his job. :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree. In fact, he seems to kind of portray himself as a victim of...what did he call them? "Nazis in mouse ears" or something to that effect? But it sounds like he was intentionally violating rules right and left just because he felt like it or didn't agree with the rules. Someone should have told him it doesn't work that way (because he definitely seemed clueless about that fact). It's just funny how he describes it as though he was being picked on and treated so unfairly.

Didn't you know that anyone who has any sort of authority and points out rules, standards of behavior, etc to young men (and very rarely, women) of a certain age is called a Nazi? :lol:

And what can I tell you; some women just have a thing for a man wearing eyeliner? ;):lol:

Disney_Freak429

The airbrushed abbs on Tarzan got me LOL big time. I still wish Tarzan would come back since hes my fav. The story was very interesting but when he was fired seems VERY odd to me since he said he used a stage name. Just proves that no matter where you work you can be fired for zero to little reason & be screwed over at a moments notice. (Note sorry having these issues in my own job I will shut up now)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom