MM has more info on Journey into Narnia

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I just got my new Mickey Monitor and it talks about the new Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian exhibit that is going to open soon.

It describes how the newer attraction will be much more immersive than the previous Journey into Narnia attraction.

It has some cool concept art of what the new set in Soundstage 4 will look like. It's a recreation of the "Dancing Lawn" and Stone Table Chamber complete with the broken stone table where Aslan sacrificed himself in the first film. (The set is cast from the same molds as the one used in the actual film.)

It will incorporate multiple screens, dimensional sound, and in-theater effects "to really put guests into the story of Prince Caspian."

And of course it'll conclude with a gallery featuring authentic props and costumes from the movie.

The queue area is where you can test your knowledge of the Narnia stories, and give you a choice of whether you can do a Prince Caspian Meet & Greet or go backstage.

It definately looks cool and interesting and I'll have to check it out when I go.

WildLodgeFan

Sounds neat! Can't wait for the movie. Seems like there is soon going to be a overload of movies to fill the void of junk they have been puttingout in recent months. :ROFLOL:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The idea could easily fall victim to Disney constantly replacing one cruddy attraction with another depending on what hit movie is about to come out, but Caspian sounds like it ought to be good.

The idea could easily fall victim to Disney constantly replacing one cruddy attraction with another depending on what hit movie is about to come out, but Caspian sounds like it ought to be good.

that area of MGM/Hollywood Studios has always been used for that sort of thing. Though the older promo stuff was better. I remember doing the 101 Dalmations Live action Making of Tour and that was actually pretty interesting. My Dad really liked Narnia so he was hoping for something like that. Imagine our dissapointment when it turned out the attraction was just an cut down explination of the film and it's events in a fancy setting.

It'll be great if Caspian can get a better treatment in this respect. Studios really lacks on behind the scenes magic at the mo which is a real shame really.

MousDad

Sigh...

Thing's change so fast. I feel like time is slipping away...

Out with Lion and Witch, in with Caspian...

Out with Stars and Motor Cars, in with Block Party Bash...

Out with Pumbas' freaky-looking-troll-or-whatever-it-was-avatar-that-was-like-a-beacon-of-hope-and-reassurance-in-this-ever-changing-sea-of-madness-we-call-wdwmagic, and in with South Park...

Sigh...

Red devil

I waited in line for the Narnia "attraction" and after exiting I was so overcome with emotion I almost vomited with rage.
Worst "attraction" ever.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think what angered people soo much about Narnia was the way it started out rather nifty and then suddenly you were blinking and outdoors in the sun.

That made lots of people feel cheated.

For what it was, it wasn't bad, just deceptive in that people expected more - and probably should have gotten it. Imagination? Just flat out bad all the way through.

Timmay

I think what angered people soo much about Narnia was the way it started out rather nifty and then suddenly you were blinking and outdoors in the sun.

That made lots of people feel cheated.

For what it was, it wasn't bad, just deceptive in that people expected more - and probably should have gotten it.

Spot on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom