VOTE!!! 2nd Annual Halloween Wallpaper Contest!

vote

• NEMOROCKS78

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • MKT

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • MAIN STREET USA

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • IMAGINEERFAN04

• RU42

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • GREGORY

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • MRTOAD

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • DCAFAN

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • ACE

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • THECEO

• SIRNIM

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BLIZZ

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • WDW BABE

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • FIGMENT1986

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster

Attachments

• halloween-voting.gif
    halloween-voting.gif
    167.1 KB · Views: 372

Gregory

Originally posted by Figment1986
hehe, i couldn';t get an edited one with the A instead of O...

Oh well... you can't even see it :)

Good luck to everyone! Theres so many great entries- and they're all different!

These contests have really developed into something extreamly professional looking!

RU42

Good job everyone, very impresive.

And hey, I got a vote in my very first entry! Yahoo. :sohappy:

RU

PhotoDave219

Ahhh... i knew i forgot to do something this week. :lol:

Hopefully once things calm down with the new job and stuff i can get back to this stuff.

SirNim

Originally posted by mkt
hey Ben... do your write ups on the entries... I really like them
:lol: If you wish!... ;)

Here we go...

NEMOROCKS78 - Your wallpaper hearkens back to Disney's most spooky attraction, the Haunted Mansion. Combining a memorable moment from the attraction with bold text, this is an awesome wallpaper!

MKT - Your wallpaper combines the nostalgia of Main Street USA with the thrill and excitement of one of the most enduring Halloween tales of all time - the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. This wallpaper fantastically conveys an almost eerie sense of movement and depth. Simply stunning!

MAIN STREET USA - Eerie is the word. This wallpaper uses an absolutely perfect mood of darkness and eeriness with its stage consisting of the pumpkin patch. The inclusion of the "hidden" Mickeys in this is due only to the presence of raw skill. Excellent!

IMAGINEERFAN04 - Humor is the word this time. In this wallpaper, Spaceship Earth is transformed into Spaceship Pumpkin. This is a witty entry, utilizing the hallmarks of Walt Disney World®'s second theme park with the symbols of Halloween!

RU42 - With Haunted Mansion as backdrop, sinister spooks materialize and socialize in this entry. Excellent editing results in nearly flawless inclusion of villains hidden all throughout the entry. Fantastic!

GREGORY - Combining the levity of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy with the rumble and roar of thunder and lightning striking the Haunted Mansion, this entry mixes sweet and sinister in a most delicious way. It is bold and it works!

MRTOAD - Once again, a humorous entry - this time translating extinct Walt Disney World® attractions into epitaphs and names on real gravestones! This is very funny and witty! It has a great mood as well, thanks to the grayscale of the main picture and the contrast with the red text.

DCAFAN - Skillful is this entry, with Jack Skellington and characters from the Haunted Mansion. Once again, this entry has a great mood. It is very haunting. Excellent!

ACE - A sinister haunted house sits in the middle of an eerie field, with Walt in the moon. This has a perfect mood, and the mood contributes to the high caliber of this entry. The mood is dark, with light undertones. Complex and amazing!

THECEO - Simple and bold is this entry. With a darkened Haunted Mansion serving as backdrop, bright text loudly proclaims "Happy Halloween"! The moon in the back provides for great depth. Excellent!

SIRNIM - Four Jack-O'-Lanterns set the mood for this wallpaper. They sit on a creepy old fence, out in the middle of nowhere, sitting high above misty rolling hills in the distance. Dark clouds covering up the full moon contribute to the mood. For added levity, Mickey Mouse is portrayed on one of hte pumpkins, complete with two miniature pumpkins for ears.

AL - This entry is very, very good. It is simple, yes, but it also has a great mood. The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland serving as a sinister grayscale backdrop, with Disney's Halloween 2003 at the bottom, this is a great entry! It conveys the mood perfectly!

BLIZZ - Combining the beloved Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion with an eerie night at an eerie pumpkin patch with an eerily familiar moon (Hidden Mickey, perhaps?) and an eerie fence, this entry is very colorful and conveys a great mood - one not too dark, but one sinister nonetheless. This is a great entry.

WDW BABE - The reversed and grayscaled and inverted image of Cinderella Castle combined with the oozing, blood-drippin' text makes for one heck of an entry. It conveys the mood very well, almost as if all the patrons at the park do not know what will be coming shortly - like a storm of furious Halloween evil! I'm impressed!

FIGMENT1986 - Last but not least, this entry uses a great photograph of the Haunted Mansion to convey its Halloweenish tone. A great applied filter adds to the suspense of this entry. This entry is fantastic!

====

Well, that's it! :D

careship

I'm having a hard time deciding. I am deadlocked on 3 of them (pardon the pun). The time, the skill the overall is so hard to decide. Hmmmmm...this may take a while.

Great job everyone!!!!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Thanks for your comment, SirNim, though I think my entry seems better suited as a Hallmark card:lol: !

And I have to say everyone's entry was very, very good, but I had to vote for SirNim.....it's just hilarious, how in the world did you do that?

SirNim

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Thanks for your comment, SirNim, though I think my entry seems better suited as a Hallmark card:lol: !

And I have to say everyone's entry was very, very good, but I had to vote for SirNim.....it's just hilarious, how in the world did you do that?
ROFL! Come to think of it, it would make a great greeting card! :lol:

Thanks for your vote, and as for mine, I don't know if you would call it hilarious... ( :lol: ) but, to make it, all I did was manually draw the fence, add some effects and filters to make it appear 3-Dimensional, then distorted two pumpkin photographs thus creating 4 different pumpkins. I used polygonal lasso tool to cut out the jack-o-lantern faces on the pumpkins except for the Mickey pumpkin, which I manually drew and cut out. I gave a glowing background to each pumpkin, added the moon and clouds, and Voila! :lol:

:D

CalDisney

RAT`S RATS RAT`S!!!!!!

It Figures!!!

My Computer was offline for 3 weeks And you Guys Put up my Favorite Contest!!!:hammer:

Ohh well I lost!! LOL

SirNim

Re: RAT`S RATS RAT`S!!!!!!

Originally posted by CalDisney
It Figures!!!

My Computer was offline for 3 weeks And you Guys Put up my Favorite Contest!!!:hammer:

Ohh well I lost!! LOL
ROFL! Tough luck, eh?! :lol:

There's always next time... :lol: :D :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if anyone is interested, I have 1024X768 and 800X600 versions of my wallpaper saved... just drop me a line or catch me on AIM

daniam2188

Originally posted by SirNim
:lol: If you wish!... ;)

Here we go...

NEMOROCKS78 - Your wallpaper hearkens back to Disney's most spooky attraction, the Haunted Mansion. Combining a memorable moment from the attraction with bold text, this is an awesome wallpaper!

MKT - Your wallpaper combines the nostalgia of Main Street USA with the thrill and excitement of one of the most enduring Halloween tales of all time - the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. This wallpaper fantastically conveys an almost eerie sense of movement and depth. Simply stunning!

MAIN STREET USA - Eerie is the word. This wallpaper uses an absolutely perfect mood of darkness and eeriness with its stage consisting of the pumpkin patch. The inclusion of the "hidden" Mickeys in this is due only to the presence of raw skill. Excellent!

IMAGINEERFAN04 - Humor is the word this time. In this wallpaper, Spaceship Earth is transformed into Spaceship Pumpkin. This is a witty entry, utilizing the hallmarks of Walt Disney World®'s second theme park with the symbols of Halloween!

RU42 - With Haunted Mansion as backdrop, sinister spooks materialize and socialize in this entry. Excellent editing results in nearly flawless inclusion of villains hidden all throughout the entry. Fantastic!

GREGORY - Combining the levity of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy with the rumble and roar of thunder and lightning striking the Haunted Mansion, this entry mixes sweet and sinister in a most delicious way. It is bold and it works!

MRTOAD - Once again, a humorous entry - this time translating extinct Walt Disney World® attractions into epitaphs and names on real gravestones! This is very funny and witty! It has a great mood as well, thanks to the grayscale of the main picture and the contrast with the red text.

DCAFAN - Skillful is this entry, with Jack Skellington and characters from the Haunted Mansion. Once again, this entry has a great mood. It is very haunting. Excellent!

ACE - A sinister haunted house sits in the middle of an eerie field, with Walt in the moon. This has a perfect mood, and the mood contributes to the high caliber of this entry. The mood is dark, with light undertones. Complex and amazing!

THECEO - Simple and bold is this entry. With a darkened Haunted Mansion serving as backdrop, bright text loudly proclaims "Happy Halloween"! The moon in the back provides for great depth. Excellent!

SIRNIM - Four Jack-O'-Lanterns set the mood for this wallpaper. They sit on a creepy old fence, out in the middle of nowhere, sitting high above misty rolling hills in the distance. Dark clouds covering up the full moon contribute to the mood. For added levity, Mickey Mouse is portrayed on one of hte pumpkins, complete with two miniature pumpkins for ears.

AL - This entry is very, very good. It is simple, yes, but it also has a great mood. The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland serving as a sinister grayscale backdrop, with Disney's Halloween 2003 at the bottom, this is a great entry! It conveys the mood perfectly!

BLIZZ - Combining the beloved Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion with an eerie night at an eerie pumpkin patch with an eerily familiar moon (Hidden Mickey, perhaps?) and an eerie fence, this entry is very colorful and conveys a great mood - one not too dark, but one sinister nonetheless. This is a great entry.

WDW BABE - The reversed and grayscaled and inverted image of Cinderella Castle combined with the oozing, blood-drippin' text makes for one heck of an entry. It conveys the mood very well, almost as if all the patrons at the park do not know what will be coming shortly - like a storm of furious Halloween evil! I'm impressed!

FIGMENT1986 - Last but not least, this entry uses a great photograph of the Haunted Mansion to convey its Halloweenish tone. A great applied filter adds to the suspense of this entry. This entry is fantastic!

====

Well, that's it! :D

ok this is really strange but when i read this i couldnt help thinking of the discriptions of the foods at the end of Iron Chef lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom