WDW March Madness: The Wacky Brackets II

GenerationX

Original Poster
The fate of the World hangs in the balance as you approach this thread. You, and only you, can join the two or three others brave enough to vote in the second annual Mickey Mouse Issue of the Year awards. As you may recall from last year's Wacky Brackets, the big winner was The Wand. Halfway through its reign, however, The Wand was forced into early retirement by a heartless Disney corporation. Boo!

So, in 2008, we now have a new set of competitors. All Disney or WDWMagic-related, all annoying, and all generating way more emotion than they should. Do you have Disney pet peeves? Are you an arrogant know-it-all about this or that Disney issue?!? Does it drive you completely insane when people argue about meaningless things?!?!? Calm down, you are among friends.

Vote for the items you are FOR. Vote for the items you are AGAINST. Vote for the items in which you have absolutely NO idea why anyone would waste more than three seconds pondering such an INANITY.

Here are your 2008 Mickey Mouse Issue of the Year brackets …

… for Obnoxious Poster/Guest Behavior

The Year of a Million Complaints bracket
(3) Starting a Redundant Thread vs. (7) “Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?”
(2) “Dinning” vs. (8) Replying to Spammers
(4) Heely Use vs. (5) Stroller Misuse vs. (6) Wheelchair Abuse
(1) “Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?”

… for Incomprehensible Management Decisions

The Crappiest Celebration on Earth bracket
(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore vs. (7) River of Sewage Country
(2) SSE Gets a New Ending vs. (8) DHS Gets American Idol
(3) Kicking All Kids out of V&A vs. (5) Kicking Unruly Kids out of Pop vs. (6) Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms
(1) DVC Expansion vs. (9) DDP Shrinkage

Walt himself is monitoring this thread and if you vote in a particularly amusing way, you're sure to bring a faint glimmer of a smile to his cryogenically frozen face. And that's what we're all here for. :)

Wilt Dasney

Yes! I love this game! :sohappy:

(7) “Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?”
Complaining about the lack of respect toward your faux pas always beats the original faux pas...always.

(2) “Dinning”
I don't really know what this means...but it's fun to say in my head.

(6) Wheelchair Abuse
Holy crap, it's a 3-way matchup! :eek: This is how March Madness should be. Put three teams on the floor with two hoops and one ball and get out of the way! Anarchy, I tells ya! Heelies come in 3rd, simply because of the lack of possible complaints. Once you get past gripin' about those disrespectful brats out to break everybody's neck, it kinda loses steam. Strollers offer a bit more, with the option to brutally criticize a complete stranger's parenting there for the taking...and mocking 4-year-olds is always a high point of any adult life. But with wheelchairs the fun is really limitless. Is that fat guy sitting there because he's a Vietnam vet who lost 8 toes in the war, because he's a complete tub who can't haul his own fat rear around because he thinks KFC offers all four food groups, or because he's just a lazy charlatan out to ruin YOUR vacation by lying his way to the front of the line. You just don't know! And what's more, you don't CARE...he MUST be criticized viciously. Preferably in a way that works in scurrilous references to his wife and kids, too.

First-round bye here, it looks like. This looks like a VERY formidable competitor for the future rounds.

(7) River of Sewage Country
I like the idea that, at this very moment, the super pathogen that will eventually wipe out mankind is stewing and mutating in a toxic soup on Disney World property.

(2) SSE Gets a New Ending
At the end of the year, when all the news outlets round up their Stories of the Year, #2 will be the unlikely election of new President Clinton/Obama/McCain. This will be #1.

(3) Kicking All Kids out of V&A
Another 3-way! If "Complaining about Kicking All Kids out of V&A" had been an option, that's where my vote would have gone. But without that option, I'll just go for the ban itself. Few things are as entertaining as reading the anger of parents whose 5-year-old had his heart set on a meal of goose patè dressed in caviar and bamboo shoots the next time they went to see Mickey. YOU try being the one to tell him he's going to have to settle for chicken tenders and applesauce like all the other uncultured barbarians in his kindergarten class!

(9) DDP Shrinkage
Tough choice. They both play on populist Disney "haves" vs. Disney "have nots" themes. I'll go with anger over the lessened availability of free food (assuming that is the topic in question). There's a reason why things like Medicare and Social Security didn't exist a century ago and are now known as "entitlements." You can't offer me free smelly socks with every ticket purchase one year and then take away my smelly socks the next year, Disney! Not after I've discovered what it's like vacationing WITH the socks! It's just cruel!

nighttimewisher

“Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?”

Replying to Spammers

Wheelchair Abuse

“Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?”

River of Sewage Country

DHS Gets American Idol

Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms

DDP Shrinkage

for Obnoxious Poster/Guest Behavior

(3) Starting a Redundant Thread vs.

(2) “Dinning”

(5) Stroller Misuse

(7) River of Sewage Country

(8) DHS Gets American Idol

(6) Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms

(9) DDP Shrinkage

ntoeman

(2) “Dinning”
(4) Heely Use

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore
(5) Kicking Unruly Kids out of Pop
(1) DVC Expansion

Pioneer Hall

(8) Replying to Spammers
(4) Heely Use

(9) DDP Shrinkage

GenerationX

Original Poster
I sense the underlying hostility in the voting. Exxxxxcellllllent. [/mr. burns]

You can't offer me free smelly socks with every ticket purchase one year and then take away my smelly socks the next year, Disney! Not after I've discovered what it's like vacationing WITH the socks! It's just cruel!
Precisely.

I'll throw one vote for one matchup: (2) "Dinning". I CAN'T STAND THIS! IT'S A SIMPLE, SIX-LETTER WORD, PEOPLE! :lookaroun

DarkImage4

Obnoxious Poster/Guest Behavior

(2) “Dinning”
(4) Heely Use

(5) Kicking Unruly Kids out of Pop
(9) DDP Shrinkage

nibblesandbits

(2) “Dinning”
(5) Stroller Misuse

(2) SSE Gets a New Ending
---This wins only b/c I'm tired of hearing about everyone complaining about it, religously! :fork:
(9) DDP Shrinkage

GenerationX

Original Poster
Walt says I should close the first round soon, so get your votes in now!

Your vote counts the same as everyone else's ... even if you're from Michigan or Florida. If we have any ties, I will break the ties via the vote of our Super Delegate, my dog Harry. I will count the number of times Harry farts over the course of 30 minutes, and whichever seed is closer to that number will be declared the winner. This approach is obviously quite similar to the Democratic Party's approach but, in our case, will favor the underdogs.

GenerationX

Original Poster
Bzzzzzzz!!!!!!! The first round is over! A couple of stunning upsets, especially the downfall of the top three seeds in the Crappiest Celebration on Earth bracket. One might draw the conclusion that the Selection Committee is a doodyhead poopypants. And one is welcome to bite oneself, too.

Still, the ambivalence toward SSE is most surprising, even in the statistically irrelevant cross-section of highly annoyed freaks here.

(7) “Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?” def. (3) Starting a Redundant Thread 6-1
(2) “Dinning” def. (8) Replying to Spammers 5-2
(4) Heely Use def. (5) Stroller Misuse and (6) Wheelchair Abuse 3-2-2
(1) “Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?” def. non-votes 7-0

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore def. (7) River of Sewage Country 4-3
(8) DHS Gets American Idol def. (2) SSE Gets a New Ending 5-2
(6) Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms def. (5) Kicking Unruly Kids out of Pop and (3) Kicking All Kids out of V&A 4-2-1
(9) DDP Shrinkage def. (1) DVC Expansion 6-1

This sets up some exciting battles for the next round:

(7) “Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?” vs. (2) “Dinning”
(4) Heely Use vs. (1) “Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?”

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore vs. (8) DHS Gets American Idol
(6) Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms vs. (9) DDP Shrinkage

Are these matchups too close to call? Are they like choosing between your children? I have a solution for you: Write-ins.

Dukeblue1016

(4) Heely Use

(9) DDP Shrinkage

Wilt Dasney

If it's a case of an honest, if irritating and lazy, mistake vs. good old fashioned angry entitlement (see illustration below), I know what I'm going with.
:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:
Caption: "We mad, has forks, you be sorry!"

I think this is my favorite entry in the field. Easily the UNC of this year's bracket. And it's a damn good question, too.

If DHS was getting Sanjaya LIVE, we might have something to talk about. In the collective, though, AI doesn't do much for me. Let's keep discussing the fate of that unfinished hotel section over there. I hear it's going to be converted into a monorail station/ESPN bar/villains park. I'm just the messenger!

(9) DDP Shrinkage
More bugs...or less food? In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to choose and we'd all lie hungry in our infested sheets. Alas, the former seems a more legitimate complaint. Someone calling the front desk at 2 in the morning to complain about their rumbly tumbly because the food costs money now beats complaining about the 3-foot ladybugs playing poker in the bathroom.

nibblesandbits

(2) “Dinning”

(9) DDP Shrinkage

GenerationX

Original Poster
I've tallied the votes. Thankfully, I still have mad math skillz (and I thought Calculus was a waste of time in college. Hah! Double integrals come in handy ... again). Here are your results:

(7) "Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?" def. "Dinning" 2-1
(1) “Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?” def. (4) Heely Use 2-1

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore def. (8) DHS Gets American Idol 2-1
(9) DDP Shrinkage def. (6) Welcoming Bedbugs and Germs in Guest Rooms 3-0

This sets up a Final Four worth screaming about. Any one of the Final Four is worthy of the coveted title "Mickey Mouse Issue of the Year". In the Year of a Million Complaints bracket, we have two whiny poster complaints going head-to-head. In the Crappiest Celebration on Earth bracket, we have a battle royale between an old standard and a new upstart. The gloves are off, here we go!

(1) "Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?" vs. (7) "Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?"

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore vs. (9) DDP Shrinkage

GenerationX

Original Poster
We have some really tight races this time! Only one vote separates the leaders in each bracket! :lookaroun :p

If you want your ballot to be secret, just use your alternate logon ID - you know, the one you to trot out to slam people you're secretly mad at. I don't care how you vote as my beloved "Dinning" has already been vanquished, but cast those ballots for our final contestants while you still can!

(1) "Why Does Disney Continue to Ignore My Unerring, Supremely Wise Counsel?" vs. (7) "Why Was My Redundant Thread Deleted?"

(4) Pop Century Legendary Eyesore vs. (9) DDP Shrinkage

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom