Timpano Chophouse on Pleasure Island?

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Screamscape (I know, I know, I'm just passing along the scuttlebutt) has this to report:

"...the latest rumor is that Disney may have signed a deal to bring a new Italian restaurant to a site near or in Pleasure Island from the Timpano Chophouse people. Apparently this has nothing to do with what Disney has planned for the former Rock ‘n Roll Beach Club location but is looking to be located on the other side of PI at or near the current B.E.T. Soundstage club."

This falls in line with a rumor someone had mentioned in another thread that an Italian-type place might come to Pleasure Island, although one or two of the more reliably informative sources said that it wasn't going to be Italian. I checked out their website, and their menu seems to actually be steaks and seafood with an Italian flair, so it might just all be semantics.

Either way, it looks like an awesome place, the menu looks great and they feature live jazz entertainment. That would be a nice addition for me, since I sorely miss the Jazz Company. So all in all, this would probably make a wonderful new restaurant at Downtown Disney, could potentially become my favorite one.

JCorduroy

See, to me, adding new venues like this with the live entertainment will greatly soften the blow of the different clubs closing. Not only will you be able to hear good music or see a show - but now that $7.50 you spent on a beer can be used towards a meal. :)

And jazz? Yes please.

TravisMT81

the group Ebrands....they are not a large restaurant group but still have a variety of concepts.

Ebrands is a multi concept restaurant group which owns and operates 15 restaurants. E-Brands Restaurants is focused on food and service and it's owners have assembled a "shining team" to drive development, sales and customer satisfaction. Currently E Brands Restaurants owns and operates 6 Timpano Chophouose and Martini Bars, 3 Samba Rooms, 1 Taqueria Canonita, 2 Aquaknox, 1 David Burke, 1 Salsa Taqueria and Tequila Bar and 1 Canonita Express.

WeLComeHomE OKW

hmm....what about portabellos? isn't that italian?

I would love to see some Mediterranean restaurants or Indian restaurants. I love the idea that there will be live jazz, but, enough with the italian food already.

especially since portabellos is apart of pleasure island. I mean...market saturation??

As long as its amazing, I will be happy. Downtown Disney is my favorite place to eat. Epcot used to be; but with Bongos, wolfgang puck, portabellos, rainforest cafe, and earl of sandwich-you really can't go wrong. (i'm not a big fan of planet hollywood, but it is fun every once in a while)

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
hmm....what about portabellos? isn't that italian?

Well, once again, this doesn't really look like an Italian place. The menu on their website features mostly steaks and seafood with an Italian flair. Furthermore, we don't know that it'd even be any kind of an Italian place for sure, just that the same people who run Timpano Chophouse will be running this.

TravisMT81

who knows what the restaurant will feature. But correct me if I am wrong, it has been a while since I have dined there but I think they play jazz and frank sinatra. It is very intimate with dark woods and lamps at the tables. Maybe someone can describe it better. It is also a martini bar...so that would great place for people in their 30s+

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Well, yeah, normally I wouldn't dare passing anything along from Screamscape (grain-of-Saltscape?), but this seemed to tie in with rumors from other sources here, seems possible, and something that I think would probably be a very positive change for Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney. And most importantly as far as WDWMagic is concerned, makes good discussion fodder.

There is a Timpano Chophouse on Sand Lake Rd. I think I'll go check it out sometime and see how it fares, but has anyone else been there?

t3techcom18

Well, yeah, normally I wouldn't dare passing anything along from Screamscape (grain-of-Saltscape?), but this seemed to tie in with rumors from other sources here, seems possible, and something that I think would probably be a very positive change for Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney. And most importantly as far as WDWMagic is concerned, makes good discussion fodder.

There is a Timpano Chophouse on Sand Lake Rd. I think I'll go check it out sometime and see how it fares, but has anyone else been there?

I haven't been there myself, but I was just wondering the same thing. Why would they build another one in Orlando if they have one already on Sand Lake?? I don't know, just feels sorta strange to do that, and while I know many chain restaurants have several locations in one city at times, I'm just wondering if it means that the one on Sand Lake is going to stay or not, cause business-logic to me in this case tells me that moving would be the best thing, as while Dr. Phillips is a good area and all, not many tourists come around it. That, and if I remember correctly, the building itself is sorta small, so moving it to PI would make it larger.

PS - Can anyone explain to me the animosity towards Screamscape? I go there lots of times, and sure, they're driven by emails sent in by people or reported by themselves, but I don't see it as a huge issue...like MMC said, to take most things as a grain of salt; and even then, 70-90% of what they say bout WDW and DLR and the rest is true. Sure, people get stuff wrong or report outlandish stuff or things get misinterpreted, but I just say it's normal for it to happen. I might be committing blasphemy here when I say this, but...they've nearly always been spot on with their coverage for USF and IOA, especially with HHN.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
PS - Can anyone explain to me the animosity towards Screamscape? I go there lots of times, and sure, they're driven by emails sent in by people or reported by themselves, but I don't see it as a huge issue...like MMC said, to take most things as a grain of salt; and even then, 70-90% of what they say bout WDW and DLR and the rest is true. Sure, people get stuff wrong or report outlandish stuff or things get misinterpreted, but I just say it's normal for it to happen. I might be committing blasphemy here when I say this, but...they've nearly always been spot on with their coverage for USF and IOA, especially with HHN.

I could be wrong about this, but I think part of that animosity might come from possibly posting rumors from "Screamscape spies" that actually come from other sources. Also, they haven't had the best track record as far as Disney is concerned. They've posted some cool rumors over the years that haven't ever come true, and it's also possible that people get peeved when some of the more appealing rumors don't come true.

I don't really have a problem with the site, I just don't expect most of the stuff I read on there to come to pass. It's still an entertaining read, it's always fun to imagine what might be.

Slowjack

People are just strange. Lance at Screamscape posts rumors and very clearly calls them rumors, meaning something that has a good chance of being false, and then people here complain that some of what he posts turns out to be false. He'll even post something and say, "I'm pretty sure X is false..." and people will post here saying they think Lance is wrong when he says X is going to happen, even though he said the opposite. Maybe people just don't understand what a rumor is?

hemloc

I live right across the street from the Timpano's on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. A nice place, but they seemed to have gotten rid of the Cheese Cigars, which were the only thing there I liked, grrr.... The music was obnoxiously loud, for jazz. But it was cool to sit outside on a couch and eat. I can't see them building a second one in Orlando since they already have one, though. I'd rather see another Giordano's Pizza than a Timpano's!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom