Tomorrowland goes purple and other insignifgant bits

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Twas a cold wet and rainy day, but I had fun.. not much is really going on at WDW.

They're repainting Tomorrowland, including the show building for Monsters - turning it into a giant purple umm.. purple thingy.

KEPKK-100_0790.JPG

The purple really makes the building stand out.

Also noticeable - City Hall is under a giant tarp.

VELLU-100_0789.JPG

And finally, there's a big ole box in the SSE postshow where the new Innervision exhibit will eventually be.

YFJUL-100_0788.JPG

On the ride front... SSE stopped and crawled for 95% of the ride. We did our entire survey while stopped in the 360 top (shortly after turning around) and then had to watch the waiting-questionaire for a good 8 minutes. Then our plastered-on-faces didn't work. It was FUN! Nothing to look at for like 10 minutes on what should of been a 14 minutes ride. Oh, those imagineers always planning ahead.. made those screens very sturdy.

Feh - it had no line either BTW. Looks like people are starting to vote with their feet.

raiden

That purple makes tomorowland look like a king cake!! I dont think thats very futuristic. Also am i the only one who hates the btm rocks and crappy spaceships at the entrance of tomorrowland?

lilredfoxie

Nah, I hate the new Tomorrowland look too, I thought the older tomorrowland look was better, if they kept it around just a little bit longer it would have came in style again as a retro futuristic area, perhaps it wouldnt have inspired htem to pixarify the whole dang place.

Fun2BFree

... I like the new purple paint. Really adds colour to the area. Painting some nearby buildings different colours would also be great.

JMagicFink

meh

I like the purple on the outside portions of the building. However, the very top portion (would be the ceiling and tallest part of the theater) should be a lighter color so it will disappear into the sky more. Disney has always been good about blending parts of buildings that they don't want to be obvious. I think this should apply to the theater portion of the Monsters Inc. building as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - the upper portions used to be light blue. White originally, then a mix of creams, and light blue. I bet it looks mad at night time with the deep blue lighting.

It`s perhaps a bit too harsh to be facing the hub, but time and weathering will tell.

brkgnews

Yep - the upper portions used to be light blue. White originally, then a mix of creams, and light blue. I bet it looks mad at night time with the deep blue lighting.

It`s perhaps a bit too harsh to be facing the hub, but time and weathering will tell.
*climbs out of 1939 World's Fair bunker*

An Interesting progression of colors. At the 1939 New York World's Fair, the big ol' ball (perisphere) was stark white. The buildings immediately surrounding it were a cream color. Then depending on which direction you went, you would have encountered a series of shades of light blue deepening as you walked further along to a very dark blue. Of course, that was only one "wedge" of the Fair... there was a similar light yellow to dark gold section, and a light red to dark maroon area, too. All of the colors made up an arc called "Rainbow Avenue." The overall layout of the fair was not too far off from the hub and spoke layout of Magic Kingdom.

*crawls back into the bunker*
:lookaroun

kcnole

I really wish they still had those World's Fairs. I was watching a documentary on the one where Walt introduced Small World, Lincoln, and the Peoplemover and it looked like an amazing experience.

SewIn2Disney

Feh - it had no line either BTW. Looks like people are starting to vote with their feet.

I know there was another thread that said that according to a letter from Disney, the rehab was done---so is SSE permanantly open now? I leave tomorrow, and was hoping to get on it.

What were the wait times around the rest of the parks? Is it dead this week? I know it's supposed to get colder, so hopefully that will keep some away.
Thanks

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
*climbs out of 1939 World's Fair bunker*

An Interesting progression of colors. At the 1939 New York World's Fair, the big ol' ball (perisphere) was stark white. The buildings immediately surrounding it were a cream color. Then depending on which direction you went, you would have encountered a series of shades of light blue deepening as you walked further along to a very dark blue. Of course, that was only one "wedge" of the Fair... there was a similar light yellow to dark gold section, and a light red to dark maroon area, too. All of the colors made up an arc called "Rainbow Avenue." The overall layout of the fair was not too far off from the hub and spoke layout of Magic Kingdom.

*crawls back into the bunker*
:lookaroun
huh. interesting factiods. thanks for sharing.

the purple is a little intense for me, but like martin eluded too, that intense florida sun will fade it a shade or two.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Not I.
Love the rocks, hate the purple....

"If they ever take Tomorrowland, they'll close Dreamflight, replace the rocket with a whirlygig, and paint the buildings purple. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Hope you'll forgive a little creative alteration from a browncoat. :D

Ew I don't like that purple. Maybe I need to see it more in context.

That's gonna have to be one heck of a context. :wave:

col

why purple?

if it would of been blue then yeah but at night tomorrowland does have like purple,blue and red lights -its on 1 of the pics in the photo albums.

jt04

Maybe the purple is meant to detract from the "DVC" that will soon rise in the background.

It might even make Tomorrowland look more tomorrowy :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom