Pleasure Island Question

Grumpy56

I read on the WDW official site that if you are under 18 that you have to be accompanied by your parents. I haven't been to PI in a long time but my memory is that it was adults only. Has this changed or is my memory failing?:hammer:

I have a 14 yo and an 11yo that I know would enjoy the Adventurer's Club, I'm not sure about any of the rest of it.

Any info or comments appreciated.

Have a Disney day!:)

EmeraldDolphin

children are allowed, but they do need to stay with an adult at all times, and some of the clubs will not let children in. when I have gone with my kids, we usually just go to comedy warehouse, and that's it... so maybe someone else has a more detailed list of where children are not allowed... I know mannequins is one of them. :)

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
Kids under 18 can get into Pleasure Island if accompanied by an adult.
However, you must be 18 to get into the clubs, Adventurer's included. The clubs are for grown-ups. (Thank goodness!)

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, I'm still a little confused. Emerald Dolphin say she's taken her kids to the Comedy Warehouse, so at least one of the clubs allows under 18. Has anyone ever taken their kids to the Adventurer's Club?

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Children under 18 are allowed in to all the clubs (excluding BET soundstage and Mannequins--must be 21 to enter) as long as they are with an adult. So YES...children under 18 can go in the Adventurer's Club.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
The REAL question is......

Why would you want to take your kids into a bar?

:veryconfu

:lol:

I would have to say the Adventurer's club is Fairly "Teen" friendly, although I wouldnt take anyone younger than 14 in there. Its all good clean Disney fun!

Upvote 0

goofyguy

I took my daughter into the Adventurer's Club when she was around 5. She's very talkative a spent quite a bit of time interacting with the characters. And they seemed to enjoy having someone to play off of.

As for the bar, yes there is one, but it's smaller than the bar at most restaurants, so I never really saw this as an issue.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Last year when I went to the Adventurers Club, there was a family there with school-aged children. The jokes tend to be a bit bawdy and risque at times, and the children were interacting along with them--it seemed SO inappropriate. There were people there who were clearly drunk, and there is NO WAY I would let anyone younger than high school age in there.

It's okay for some stuff to be for "when you are older." Adults should be free to go to a bar and not have to worry about whether things are appropriate for children.

Just my opinion, but a bar is a bar and I wouldn't expose my child to that atmosphere.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Originally posted by Lee
Kids under 18 can get into Pleasure Island if accompanied by an adult.
However, you must be 18 to get into the clubs, Adventurer's included. The clubs are for grown-ups. (Thank goodness!)

There is no age limited for the Adventurer's Club, only Mannequins and BET Soundstage (Must be 21). We have gone with an 8 and 11 year old and never gotten turned away from any of the clubs and our son who is 17 has gone with us in past years and as long as we are with him they let him into the Beach Club, 8 traxx, etc. The humor in the Adventurer's Club is over most kids heads anyway and there is no swearing!!:)

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
Obviously my info from earlier was incorrect, I don't have kids so I was going by memory, which can be faulty.
However, let me make a plea to all parents:
Please, don't bring kids into the clubs.
Some things are just more fun without kids running around.
We adults need a refuge.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Originally posted by Lee
Obviously my info from earlier was incorrect, I don't have kids so I was going by memory, which can be faulty.
We adults need a refuge.

What do you do with the kids? It doesn't seem fair to leave them in the room or get a baby-sitter? A great on property bar to take advantage of is at the Beach Club- I believe it's called Martha's Vineyard... very quiet and NO KIDS! Unfortunately, we didn't discover it until our last night at Beach Club and oh the best martini's on property!!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Lee
We adults need a refuge.

Well now ive read this im going to make a special effort to take my brood to the Adventurers club.

As for exposing my kids to the demon drink, having spent there formative years in Italy where all family members go to drinking establishments I think there well grounded. Well that and having survived several of our parties. :dazzle:

Side issue: the UK has the strictest most regulated rules on drinking etc in Europe, It also has the worst reputation and occurance of the misuse of alcohol. Are the two things related?

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Well now ive read this im going to make a special effort to take my brood to the Adventurers club.

As for exposing my kids to the demon drink, having spent there formative years in Italy where all family members go to drinking establishments I think there well grounded. Well that and having survived several of our parties. :dazzle:

Side issue: the UK has the strictest most regulated rules on drinking etc in Europe, It also has the worst reputation and occurance of the misuse of alcohol. Are the two things related?

I don't think it's a matter of exposing kids to "the demon drink," as much as I would a) not want them around people who may be acting inappropriately, and b) want to allow adults to have an adult area. Some things just aren't meant for kids. It's just not an environment I would want my children in--why go there when there are so many areas in WDW that ARE intended for children?

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification. I certainly didn't intend to start a brewhaha:animwink:

As for the issue of kids in bars I'd have to say that at least in my memory the Adventurer's Club was more of a show that a bar perse. I take them to restaurants where drinks are served and in our society I don't know how I'd insulate them from drunks except by spending all my time at the Magic Kingdom! Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for all your responses.:)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by mightyduck
I don't think it's a matter of exposing kids to "the demon drink," as much as I would a) not want them around people who may be acting inappropriately, and b) want to allow adults to have an adult area. Some things just aren't meant for kids. It's just not an environment I would want my children in--why go there when there are so many areas in WDW that ARE intended for children?

Just my opinion.

Well one reason would be that we may want to go there and include our family in the event. The point I was trying to make was that in many countries it is possible for whole families to enjoy an evening out. I except that some people cant behave, but i dont have to travel 4000 miles to see that.
And I was after all under the impression that the Adventurers club was a family venue.
Its a big bad world out there and Id prefer my off spring to be given a taste of it where I can at least oversee some of it.

and that is just my opinion.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
I should clarify what I was saying earlier.
I am not bothered by kids being present where alcohol is served. Quite the opposite, I was around alcohol my whole life, and I have grown up to be a non-drinker. No worries!

What I meant was, I enjoy settling in at the Adv. Club and enjoying the atmosphere, among adults. After stumbling over strollers all day in the parks, clubs like AK are a nice refuge for grown-ups.

Since I don't (and won't be) having kids, I don't totally understand having to involve them in every aspect of life, even at WDW. There are TONS of family entertainment at WDW, I don't think it's unreasonable to want SOMETHING to be off limits to the little ones.

Am I wrong?:confused:

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lee
I should clarify what I was saying earlier.
I am not bothered by kids being present where alcohol is served. Quite the opposite, I was around alcohol my whole life, and I have grown up to be a non-drinker. No worries!

What I meant was, I enjoy settling in at the Adv. Club and enjoying the atmosphere, among adults. After stumbling over strollers all day in the parks, clubs like AK are a nice refuge for grown-ups.

Since I don't (and won't be) having kids, I don't totally understand having to involve them in every aspect of life, even at WDW. There are TONS of family entertainment at WDW, I don't think it's unreasonable to want SOMETHING to be off limits to the little ones.

Am I wrong?:confused:

I don't think you are wrong at all. But maybe you need to take this up with DIsney as they set the policy. I doubt that you would find many kids in strollers at PI. I would guess most parents who would even consider taking their teens there have had postitive experiences with their kids in adult type settings as I have at the theatre and in grown up restaurants. I certainly wouldn't take my kids there if I thought they were going to cause a problem for the adults. The flip side is how do they learn to behave in adult type settings if you never expose them to any?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom