Mousefan1972's Christmas Trip Report

I’m attempting my first trip report, so please be gentle :lol:. This trip consisted of myself (35), DH (40), DD (4), and DS (2). It was our first time spending Christmas in our most favorite place, Walt Disney World.

We left cold, snowy Massachusetts on the morning of December 19, just missing a big storm that came in later that day. We had a rough drive to the airport in Manchester, NH, due to accidents on the highway. Luckily we allowed ample time, and made it with a few minutes to spare. Our flight arrived 30 minutes early into MCO (love when that happens!), and in short time we were on our way via Magical Express to the Polynesian.

I had requested the Tahiti longhouse, because we had stayed at the Poly in the Spring and had loved being in Tahiti, due to it's proximity to the TTC. We were really hoping that our request was granted, but weren't counting on it due how busy the holiday season is. We arrived at the Poly at around 2:15 p.m., and the CM checking us in happily said that our room was ready. "Where is our room?" I asked. "In Tahiti" she answered. Great! But, oh, it gets better. "On the castle side" the CM added. "Um, what?" was my answer. (we had booked a garden view room). "You received a complimentary upgrade" the CM informed me. Once I picked myself up off the floor, we went on to the room and took these pictures from our balcony:

DisneyChristmas07002.jpg

After settling in, we went to dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the GF, then to the Magic Kingdom. I had to ride HM right away, since it's my favorite ride and I hadn't been on since the refurb. Definite thumbs up! Then we went to Toon Town to ride Goofy's Barnstormer, then to Adventureland for PotC, a family favorite. We ended the night by watching the 8 p.m. Spectromagic parade. I think the kids were pretty worn out by the time we got back to the monorail station....

mousefan1972

Original Poster
The kids surprised us by being up bright and early the next morning. We were at MK for the opening ceremony (8 a.m. for resort guests), which we had never done before. That was pretty neat. We walked on Pooh, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, the Indy 500 speedway, Cinderella's carousel, and Mickey's Philharmagic, all with no wait. We didn't stay long b/c we were heading to the Studios for the afternoon, since we had a Fantasmic package ADR for 3:50, and we wanted to catch the parade beforehand.

We arrived at DHS early enough to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid and go on the Great Movie Ride before grabbing a spot for the parade. It was great!

DisneyChristmas07027.jpg

After the parade, we went to our ADR at Hollywood and Vine. The meal was disappointing, but it was worth it to get our reserved seats for Fantasmic! What a wonderful show. It was the kids' first time seeing it, and I was afraid they would be scared, but DS slept through it and DD was fine. After Fantasmic!, we went to the Streets of America to see the Osbourne lights. One word: breathtaking!

DisneyChristmas07046.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
The next morning we went to AK. We were there about 10 minutes after park opening. We rode the safari first (lots of animals!), then went to see FOTLK. It was our first time seeing the show. DH and I really liked it, but the kids were very antsy during it. After a photo op with Donald, DH rode EE, then we caught "It's Tough to be a Bug". Love that show! The crowds were building by then, and we had tickets to MVMCP that night, so we left to head back to the Poly to freshen up.

mousefan1972

Original Poster
We arrived at MK around 3 p.m. We let the kids burn off some steam at Pooh's Playful Spot, then rode IASW and Cinderella's Carousel. After that we saw the Dream Along with Mickey castle show. We had ADR's at Liberty Tree Tavern for 5 p.m. so we then headed to Liberty Square. It was our first time eating here. The food was ok, but the character interaction made it well worth it! They were great. We saw Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Then it was off to the Christmas Party. Which... I thought wasn't really that great. Let me clarify... it was the last night (Dec. 21), sold out, and extremely crowded. It also was the coldest night of our trip, and we were freezing. We ended up leaving after the early parade due to the temps and the crowds. If we go during Christmastime next year, we'll be skipping MVMCP.

DisneyChristmas07094.jpg

DisneyChristmas07098.jpg

DisneyChristmas07111.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
The next day, Saturday December 22nd, we spent the entire day in Epcot. We arrived right at park opening, and DH went one way to fastpass Test Track, and I went the other way to fastpass Soarin'. We met back up at SSE to ride the "new and improved" SSE for the first time. I liked it! Yes, the touch screens aren't the greatest, but the rest of the attraction made up for it. I rode Soarin' for the first time (LOVED it), then we took turns on Test Track. We next did The Seas with Nemo, and Turtle Talk with Crush. What a cute show! After that we went to Journey into Imagination (DD likes it), then hit World Showcase to listen to the holiday storytellers. We really liked Canada's and Italy's. All were excellent speakers. Then we had dinner at Teppan Edo, which was excellent. After some more lingering in WS, we left around 8 p.m. We knew we would also be in Epcot on Christmas Day, and planned to see Illuminations then. All in all, a great day!

DisneyChristmas07128.jpg

DisneyChristmas07141.jpg

DisneyChristmas07146.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
On Sunday, we took it a little easy. We went to the Studios in the morning, and DH rode ToT, and I was supposed to ride RnRC, but of course it goes down right during my fastpass return time. :cry: After doing the backlot tour and Muppets, we headed back to the Poly so the kids could swim for a bit before our dinner at the Kona Cafe. Then we headed to MK for a few hours to gaze at the castle lights and hit a few attractions. We watched Wishes from our balcony to end the day.

DisneyChristmas07161.jpg

^^ That was on the counter in Kona Cafe, between all of the yumalicious desserts! :slurp:

mousefan1972

Original Poster
On Christmas Eve, we spent the whole day in MK. We had ADR's at Crystal Palace for 3:45, and planned to watch the castle lighting ceremony at 5:45, then decide what to do based on the crowds. We left after the show, as it was very crowded. Every woman's restroom had a line out the door, vendors had lines 10+ people long, etc. We got there early to ride a few favorite attractions before the crowds built early in the afternoon. We watched the parade at 12:30 (the same one we saw at the Christmas party), let the kids play in Toon Town, had dinner, saw the show, and left. It was a great day, but next time we'll stay longer, now that we're used to the crowd levels. Santa was at the Poly when we got back, so the kids visited with him before heading to bed.

DisneyChristmas07166.jpg

DisneyChristmas07172.jpg

DisneyChristmas07182.jpg

DisneyChristmas07192.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Christmas Day was a blast. The kids woke up to see what Santa had left for them under the tree we brought. After tearing through their gifts, we had breakfast at Ohana's. We saw Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Stitch was his usual mischievous self, but Pluto stole the show. He got on the floor with the kids and wrestled with them. :lol: It was a great time. We arrived at Epcot around 10. Oh, the people! I was in a bit of shock. We were able to ride Nemo, see Crush, switch off on Test Track (DD came on with me! :sohappy:), and ride the Three Cabelleros in Mexico before the lines really built up. We wandered WS, then headed to our ADR at Akershus in Norway to eat with the princesses. DD was too excited to eat much. Next we watched the tree lighting ceremony, which was very cute. We then met up with Vince (Merhearted), to hang out with him while waiting for Illuminations. Vince is a great guy, and we had a lot of fun with him that night. Illuminations was fabulous, and well worth the wait! The kids konked out right before it started, and stayed asleep till we got back to the Poly.

DisneyChristmas07215.jpg

DisneyChristmas07236.jpg

DisneyChristmas07240.jpg

^^ Oooh, look! The guy behind us has a Pats hat on! :sohappy:

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Our last full day, Wednesday 12/26, we spent in MK. We got there early, around 8, stayed until about 1, then headed back to the Poly so I could pack for our morning flight home on 12/27. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's at 5:30, then went back to MK till around 8:30. I wanted to see Wishes from our balcony one last time, so we were back by 9. It was a great last day, crowded but not nearly as bad as Christmas Eve.

DisneyChristmas07257.jpg

DisneyChristmas07267-1.jpg

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Thursday, December 27 was our go home day. Our ME bus picked us up at 9:45 a.m. We had breakfast at Captain Cook's, walked the grounds of the Poly one last time, and were on our way. :cry:

I hope you all enjoyed my report! I have tons more pics if anyone wants to see them, just send me a p.m. :wave:

wdwmomof3

Your pictures are great and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would love to go during the holidays sometime. It sounds like so much fun. :xmas:

minnie2000

Great report and lovely photos of your kids! Funnily enough the same thing happened to us in the Polynesian this October - we were upgraded to a Castle view room in Tahiti!

mousefan1972

Original Poster
Great report and nice pics! Thanks for sharing. What kind of camera do you use (I'm in the process of camera shopping)?

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W70, 7.2 megapixel.

Great report and lovely photos of your kids! Funnily enough the same thing happened to us in the Polynesian this October - we were upgraded to a Castle view room in Tahiti!

Gotta love a free upgrade! :sohappy:

Thanks for all the kind words. Glad you are enjoying the report. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom