Jose's SSE GEMENI TRIP REPORT

Jose Eber

Original Poster
movieclipping1oh1.jpg

AMAZING.

VERY good animatronics in the first half. You will be surprised.
HD video part 2 currently processing -- its open people RUN!

. . . . PART 1 . . . . . . . . . . . PART 2 . . . .

Complete Video for iPods:

. . . .PART 1. . . . . . . . . . . PART 2 . . .

Jose Eber

Original Poster
O.k looking at the video being processed -- the first segment is very normal, they cleaned up the video and added flat panels, and made a very nice (updated from what I remember) starfield. The announcer passes off information to us, then we get Dame Judy.

That old school caveman movie is gone, and its replaced by a very dim projection (the video won't show it at all).

The animatronic caveman scene is cool. The lead (alpha caveman) is SUPER animated. Amazing. We're talking pirates paris animated.

Gosh, what else, all the phoenician and greek scenes received a MAJOR animatronic upgrade as well. VERY impressive.

The home scene has been updated with new decor and they are watching the moon landing of course which seguays into the computer room scene which is very well lit (looks GREAT on the video) and its huge, all around you.

The next scene looks like a garage -- hp or steve jobs?

Then out of the garage you have a matrix like projection all around you till you enter the top, which is a starfield.

On the way back its a very simple video that has a 'choose your own adventure' style system.

Its sad it takes so much effort to up date these interactive history attractions, but, hey, its the price of a 'future world' theming.

Money wuz spent. You can tell.

Expo_Seeker40

*deep healing breathes.....deep healing breathes*

I got to go get a bagle or something or I will puke from all the excitement.

.....you know you're a disney freak when you waste your saturdays watching HD videos of animatronics in giant golfballs.

Thanks Jose for the video can't wait to see it!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
There are days I'm astonished there is no 12 step program for us.

Video is almost finished encoding. It will take 10 more minutes or so to upload to youtube, then a considerable more time for the HD at Sendspace.

EPCOT Explorer

Wow...Sounds fab,but I'm not sure if I wanna see the vid or not.I've been reading but I'm to scared that actually seeing/hearing SSE will ruin the surprise for me when I actully see it (hopefully)next summer.

What should I do?????:dazzle:

Expo_Seeker40

Why not watch it?

I won't be going to WDW until January...and who knows if SSE will be open with more previews by then or not.

Atleast we get an idea of what the new version is like. REMEMBER it's not done yet.

Also....you can watch a ton of videos and it will never be the same like it would be to be there.

I can listen to the creaking walls in the new mansion stretch room...but won't be able to really hear it or see all the new details until I go there. :wave:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
January -- hopefully you'll catch a soft opening or something!

Making part 1 of the youtube video. Should be up in 20 minutes. SORRY THIS TAKES SO LONG!

I might not have the HD version up for another hour....

EPCOT Explorer

Why not watch it?

I won't be going to WDW until January...and who knows if SSE will be open with more previews by then or not.

Atleast we get an idea of what the new version is like. REMEMBER it's not done yet.

Also....you can watch a ton of videos and it will never be the same like it would be to be there.

I can listen to the creaking walls in the new mansion stretch room...but won't be able to really hear it or see all the new details until I go there. :wave:
true,but I don't think I'll see it.I will wait for next year and be REALLY blown away when I see it.I think I would rather see it 1r in person than on a monitor.

Oh well,back to reading and imagining I go...:cry:
:D

Expo_Seeker40

Disney did a great job with the retro blue swooshes. They attract you right to the giant mural and entrance door! The rows and rows of plants also do the same. They are no longer the overgrown miss-matched ones from the AT&T days. :sohappy:

EPCOT_1138

I actually don't like the plants. I think they should have done something else, fill the planters with rocks and have some water fountains. Too much growth, doesn't look futuristic to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom