Another Wet MNSSHP??

dannb1001

Original Poster
Well all, it looks like we may be in for another Mickey's Not So DRY Halloween Party this Friday! 70% chance of rain in Orlando, FL this coming friday I read. There is a tropical development outside the east coast of Florida. Sounds like its going to be worse that last Friday.

I can not believe this!

Figment82

Goodness this year's parties are not starting out on the right foot. At this rate it looks like its not boding well for the 9/28th party. Oh well, I know I'll still have a great time but I really want to wear my Dreamfinder costume (which I won't if it's raining).

Good luck to everyone going this Friday - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hopefully for everyone's sake that is attending Disney for the event, the weather somewhat cooperates. Though there is a high probability for rain, you really can't predict Florida weather!

durangojim

Hopefully this will just turn out to be some afternoon thundershowers each day, although this Friday it seems that there will be more rain. I don't trust weathermen though, here in Michigan they seem to be wrong more than they are right.

SGT623

Yeah, this rain is a bummer. I got the day off today and was heading to the parks....I may still go for a little while but this stinks. Unless it is just a downpour like last week, I'll still stop buy for the party this Friday night.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife keeps thinking the same thing (we fly in Monday). However, I'm guessing it's because of the time of the year that we'll get the obligatory afternoon shower because of the heat/humidity. The chance for rain goes WAY down at night, mainly because of temperatures dropping. If there was some major rain system in the area, they would have a high probablity of rain day and night.

cdunbar

Once you've lived in Florida as long as I have you learn that the rain forecast really means NOTHING.... I mean it was like yesterday my friend and I were hanging out after class and it started to pour we walked to my car got in my car and drove to the other side of campus and rain was no more...
So basically what I'm telling you is check the forecast again tomorrow and there is about 9/10 chance that it will be different!:wave:

xensweetie

I'll be there on Friday at the party and I plan to make the best of it no matter what the weather is like. I have spent a ton of time planning for this trip but I know that I have no control over the weather. Just got to make the best of it! It DOES suck, but I can't do anything about it so I just gotta deal :) I'll still be in WDW :)

kubfish

I hope it doesn't rain for you guys. We were there on the 14th and it stormed pretty bad that night and that was on a 40% chance rain day.

bgraham34

Whats worse then being in the rain, its taking pictures when its cloudy or raining. I like to get bright pictures so the colors jump out at me.

PintoColvig

We almost forked out the moolah for last Friday's Party but decided not to at the last minute. Very glad we didn't after experiencing that Deluge. It rained just about every day in the early evening hours but nothing like what we saw Friday night. Good luck to those of you who've already bought those hard tickets.

kubfish

We almost forked out the moolah for last Friday's Party but decided not to at the last minute. Very glad we didn't after experiencing that Deluge. It rained just about every day in the early evening hours but nothing like what we saw Friday night. Good luck to those of you who've already bought those hard tickets.

We were there during that time 12-18th. The only days it rained for us was the 14th and I believe around 3pm on Sunday (we didn't fork out the money for mnsshp either that was a crazy storm night).

I think that tells the scope of how large WDW was. It was dry at the resort POR and we would go back to the park after dinner/break and the sidewalks had puddles on them. Overall we didn't have to put on our poncho's once. (oh wait about the 4th time on splash the wife got tired of being the water magnet and put one on) haha.

poohbear6103

My husband and I were there on the 14th. I haven't seen rain like that in a long time. It actually hurt getting rained on! And it was cold rain. Yuck! We lasted about 2 hours and then decided to just go back to the hotel. We still managed to have some fun though.
The worst part is that my gym shoes were still soaked the next day and then my husband who was not feeling so well finally got full-on sick the following day. Even though we had ponchos, we still managed to get wet and I think that is what put him over the edge.

David

I feel for those getting rained on. Two years it rained very hard both nights we attended, but nothing like it sounds happened last Friday. Selfishly, I just hope the rain system is long gone before october 4th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom