monorail control panel

popkid

Original Poster
doesn't look so tough to drive, does it?

Attachments

• monorail.jpg
    monorail.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 920

Invero

hehe... it's actually quite simple to drive. Place the train into run, and select a propulsion setting. Of course, there's a LOT to know and be aware of.

Here are some closeup pictures of the Controls :)

Here's the Monitoring Screen. Basically, the On Board Computer.

In the upper left and right hand corners are the Door Monitors...
Amber = Open
Green = Closed
Red = Alert (In case a door is open, or not fully secured.)

In the middle is the MAPO System. The MAPO system is in essence, a Moving Blocklight System (MBS). It detects if the train is getting too close to another train, and then signals the driver.
Green = Good to go. :)
Amber = Oops, gettin close. Better stop!
Red = Uhhh... you didn't stop. (At this point, the train initiates a full Emergency stop)

Below the Door and MAPO systems is a bunch of indication lights. These will light up if there is a problem with a component of the train.

The majority of the Upper Display is used for the Monitoring System. This system does just that. It doesn't drive, it just monitors. It'll tell the driver the amount of current going through the motors, or any problems in detail with the train.

To the right of the Monitoring System is the Speed Control System. Red is the speed limit, Green is current speed. (Yes, we do have speed limits on the Highway in the Sky... and if we don't abide by them... we get stopped!)
monitor.jpg

The next picture is the Master Control Unit (MCU). This is the part that makes the train move. In counter clockwise motions, we have the Key (On/Off), Fwd/Rev rocker switch, and Run/Stop rocker switch. Then there's the Control Arm. We have 5 propulsion settings (P1, P2, P3, P4, P5) Neutral, and 4 braking settings (B1, B2, B3, B4)
mcu.jpg

Lastly, you can see the brake pressure guages, the Digital Speil control buttons, the Emergency Stop button, and the microphone.
brake.jpg

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
You'll be easy to find if you do steal one....those tracks aren't hard to miss....plus you can only go in circles.

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Hey Scotty, where's the warp drive? :D

Gotta love getting Disney technology on film.

That's funny! I was thinking the exact same thing before I saw your posts.

Seriously guys, thanks for the pictures and all the info. :)

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
To the right of the Monitoring System is the Speed Control System. Red is the speed limit, Green is current speed. (Yes, we do have speed limits on the Highway in the Sky... and if we don't abide by them... we get stopped!)
monitor.jpg

Just look at that log... three overspeed stops in the same hour. I hope you weren't the one driving! :mad:

Invero

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
Just look at that log... three overspeed stops in the same hour. I hope you weren't the one driving! :mad:

LOL... nope... wasn't me, I was just a guest that day... I just want to know how someone gets 3 overspeed stops in a row on Epcot... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom