Journey to the center of the earth at AK?

Jammin2054Slamm

Original Poster
I got this info from www.jimhillmedia.com

WDI is reportedly toying with bringing this particular piece of Tokyo Disney Sea's "Mysterious Island" area stateside over the next 5 to 7 years. The idea is that the "JTTCOTE" ride -- particularly when it would be nestled inside of an enormous ride building that would be shaped to look like a smoldering volcano -- might make a great anchor for a revised / revived version of DAK's "Beastly Kingdom." Not to mention that this mountain would make a lovely addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom's skyline.

Now please keep in mind, DisneyMax, that we're talking about a DAK attraction that's still very much on the drawing board. Even if construction were to get greenlighted anytime soon, it would still be 2008 or 2009 before any of us could actually get on line to ride "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

First things first, folks. First "Forbidden Mountain: Legend of the Yeti" has to open. Then Walt Disney Imagineering has to decide what the theme of DAK's live animal exhibit area will be (I keep hearing that - provided that "Brother Bear" is a sizable hit once it hits theaters this fall, that WDI may opt to make Animal Kingdom's next big enclosure an area that celebrates North American creatures. Animals like grizzly bears, buffaloes and bald eagles. You get the idea, right? ... Anywho ...) Then -- and only then -- will the Imagineers decide whether or not they're actually going to add "Journey to the Center of the Earth" to DAK's line-up.

And what sort of other other-worldly rides and shows might be added to this radically rethought version of "Beastly Kingdom?" ... Stay tuned to JimHillMedia.com, DisneyMax. I'll try and pass along that info as soon as I hear something definite.

Shaman

Journey to the center of the Earth??? Beastly Kingdom??? Thats getting a bit to ahead of ourselves...Forbidden Mountain isn't even really confirmed yet (not counting the Eisner mention) and for that matter FM isn't even built yet...so I doubt we will see any of the others mentioned any time soon. But hey thats just what I think. I would like Beastly Kingdom at DAK, the original plan...not any redesigned one, unless its better. I guess Jim Hill is trying to cover all the bases when it comes to rumors...that way it improves his chances of being right...got to admit though...his articles are entertaining, I have a nice laugh now and then.:lookaroun :hammer:

FutureCEO

here what it says on themeparkinsider

After that, you will NEVER guess what may be on the horizon... BEASTLY KINGDOM! Disney thinks they may have found a way around the IOA Lost Continent problem by theming the land around a volcano. Much like the volcano in the middle of Tokyo DisneySea. Yes, the wildly popular Journey to the Center of the Earth may come to AK! This could be spectacular, maybe even better than the original plans, but considering that ride uses the Test Track ride system, will it be too familiar to WDW guests? Not that we should all get excited now, since the ride probably wouldn't appear until the end of the decade. If it ever does! You know how this Beastly Kingdom stuff usually works out.

SirNim

I'd love to see Beastly Kingdom/JTTCOTE sometime this decade... I expect that there will be a big project sometime later this decade for one or maybe two of the WDW Big Four parks... But it really is too early to be talking about this... EE:LOTFM has to come first... And if this volcano is ever built, AK would have two mountain attractions... And with that there would be a continuation of the Mountain Range from MK to AK...

ToTBellHop

I would love to see this attraction debut at Animal Kingdom, but with so many e-rides already in the works, I wouldn't want us to get ahead of ourselves in case this doesn't happen--I'll be pleased with what Disney is doing regardless.

Bairstow

Does anyone have a price figure for Journey to the Center of the Earth, because from what I've seen and heard about it the ride's about as expensive and complex as any two existing WDW attractions put together.

Moustronaut

So if they build a Journey to the Center of the Earth at AK, doesn't that kill any chance of an Orlando Disney Sea.... ever.

Journey is a centerpiece of discovery cove and would totally break up the concept of a Disney Sea park.

Not saying DisneySea is gonna get built but putting Journey somewhere eles work completely kill any chance of that happening.

Lee

Adventurer
Price-wise, to drop an exact copy of whats at TDS (Mt. Prometheus w/ Journey, 20K, restraunt, shop etc.) would run in the neighborhood of 300 million.

As for a Disney Sea park in FL, highly unlikely. Too costly, plus the potential revenue from a fifth park is very questionable. Its much more probable that sections of TDS may be cloned into the existing parks.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I would love to see this attraction debut at Animal Kingdom, but with so many e-rides already in the works, I wouldn't want us to get ahead of ourselves in case this doesn't happen--I'll be pleased with what Disney is doing regardless.

For once I'm in total agreement here. :lol:

I also feel that when Everest is finished that Beastly Kingdom as a stand alone land is dead. I think the mythical creatures will be weaved throughout the park and countries from this point forward. I'm also not quite sure how much of an Animal Attraction that JttCotE would make. I would imagine a new country is much more likely with some smaller rides being built in the meantime.

WDWFREAK53

Ya know...I came across the "WDW Theme Park Guidebook" the other day from an old trip (Spring cleaning hehe)

I was flipping through it and it came to the "Animal Kingdom" and said that it was a celebration of all animals, real and mythological...(I ask you...where are there mythological "animals" in the Animal Kingdom??? (this was in 2001 now...so it was after the "Dragon Cave" was closed...I believe)

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ya know...I came across the "WDW Theme Park Guidebook" the other day from an old trip (Spring cleaning hehe)

I was flipping through it and it came to the "Animal Kingdom" and said that it was a celebration of all animals, real and mythological...(I ask you...where are there mythological "animals" in the Animal Kingdom??? (this was in 2001 now...so it was after the "Dragon Cave" was closed...I believe)

They are using the 12 Days of Disney concept.

The First mythical ride that Disney gave to me...

One Yeti in a Mountain.

who knows what next... Seriously, how easy would it be to make a Hercules themed Dark ride.

"It's a dead UnderWorld after all"

Shaman

Originally posted by spider-man
They are using the 12 Days of Disney concept.

The First mythical ride that Disney gave to me...

One Yeti in a Mountain.

who knows what next... Seriously, how easy would it be to make a Hercules themed Dark ride.

"It's a dead UnderWorld after all"

:lol: :lol: :lol: now imagine little skeletons singing that

Originally posted by Lee
As for a Disney Sea park in FL, highly unlikely. Too costly, plus the potential revenue from a fifth park is very questionable. Its much more probable that sections of TDS may be cloned into the existing parks

Will there ever be a fifth gate at WDW??? They have so much land....:lookaroun

BigNorm

Journey to the Center of the Earth would be a great addition to AK, but I don't know it Disney would be willing to build it. However, it would give those of us who will probably never make it to Tokyo the chance to ride what looks to be a pretty awesome experience. Plus maybe they would bring the extremely popular Gyoza Sausage Buns to Orlando.

bhg469

Originally posted by objr
:lol: :lol: :lol: now imagine little skeletons singing that

Will there ever be a fifth gate at WDW??? They have so much land....:lookaroun

im for more hercules!! the river of death could be pretty fun.

what am i saying! it would be great, journey to the center of the earth might even fill the void of 20,000 leagues under the sea left me. god i miss that ride

Personally, a fifth gate may be tough, some people have trouble hitting 4 in one trip as it is. Imagine 5? Plus, that might take attendance away from the other parks. I think logically, another waterpark, and possibly expansion of the current parks is more of a reasonable idea. There is room to expand all 4 parks if you think of it. We just need to sit, and wish upon a star:animwink:

Shaman

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Personally, a fifth gate may be tough, some people have trouble hitting 4 in one trip as it is. Imagine 5? Plus, that might take attendance away from the other parks. I think logically, another waterpark, and possibly expansion of the current parks is more of a reasonable idea. There is room to expand all 4 parks if you think of it. We just need to sit, and wish upon a star:animwink:

Even if they did expand each park and made a waterpark, they would still have alot of land left for building. While expanding the parks may be a good choice, a park that is too big isn't all that great. For one thing, you run the risk of getting visitors exhausted with all the walking (even if you add some mode of in park transportation). Also a huge park, makes security a bigger issue, because its alot of people in one park (imagine the security checks at the front of the gates when the park opens). Parking and traffic also add to troubles expanded parks could face. Besides, Epcot, AK and MK are all big parks, The Studios on the other hand could use some expanding.

I think that eventually we will see a fifth gate at WDW. Some factors contribute to this conclusion. One: Disney has to keep up with the growing competition, Universal for example, is rumored to be designing another gate, and if this turns out to be true, if Disney does not do something, they will lose alot of guest to Universal. Two: Animal Kingdom, lacks ocean dwelling animals, it could be said that a "Sea World" type park could be in the works, and that such a park would incorporate some Tokyo Disney Seas ideas along with sea creatures. Three: Animal Kingdom, is all on its own far away from the rest of the world, this area needs more life (a couple of hotels and another park).

Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but hey sometimes just dreaming it is fun :hammer: :lookaroun :p .

ISTCrew20

Well, im all for Jttcote. They would change the volacano round a bit, i believe cause i think FM ad Journey would look to alike. Also, i heard that The TDS Journey is rather short and the 20,000 Leages lagoon is in the middle of it. They might have to change some stuff around there.

Also, FDS (Florida disney sea) is not out of the question at all. This is in no way at all a rumor or anything to get you guys going, but i have an i dea for a diff. park, same concept

Instead of having Journey Volcano as the centerpeice, put atlantis from lil mermaid there, and set the park up just like mk. Ariel castle at the end of street, instead of fantasyland behind it, put mermaid lagoon. The rest of the lands can be put in a hub design, much like mk

bhg469

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
Well, im all for Jttcote. They would change the volacano round a bit, i believe cause i think FM ad Journey would look to alike. Also, i heard that The TDS Journey is rather short and the 20,000 Leages lagoon is in the middle of it. They might have to change some stuff around there.

Also, FDS (Florida disney sea) is not out of the question at all. This is in no way at all a rumor or anything to get you guys going, but i have an i dea for a diff. park, same concept

Instead of having Journey Volcano as the centerpeice, put atlantis from lil mermaid there, and set the park up just like mk. Ariel castle at the end of street, instead of fantasyland behind it, put mermaid lagoon. The rest of the lands can be put in a hub design, much like mk

how about bringing back 20,000 leagues under the sea so i can stop asking for it

darn you eisner!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom