Have you stayed at Pop Century?

lunarsquid

We're staying there in October, and I 've never stayed there before.
Just curious as to how the shuttle service is there. Does it take awhile to get anywhere?
For example, if we have dinner rez at Epcot, how long does it take to get there? Do the buses stop at any other resorts?

Also, how is the food there? I've heard alot of mixed opinions...

thanks!

duck_daddy

Newest of the values. Food Court was awesome, tons of selection(IMHO). The sports bar is great. Bus service is so-so, but I've heard it's better than the other values. Great place to stay, wish I could still stay there!

Upvote 0

kstella

We stayed there right after it opened. Bus service wasn't terrible. Rooms were decent. Could spend an entire day just walking the grounds looking at all the theming.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

We were there in January and the resort was book solid for our first few days:

I thought the bus service was awesome, in fact... better than my past stays at the moderate resorts! Due to Pop's size/location, there is only one bus stop and it does not share with any other resort. Now... you can expect some long waits depending on when you travel during peak times, but I've found you can experience this with any resort. Bottomline... no complaints and very pleased. Pop alway kept buses coming and going! The actual bus times were not horrible due to Pop's "central" location. Epcot and MGM are the shortest rides, AK second, and MK the longest. Epcot was probably under 10mins from departure to arrival.

The food court is a food court! I don't think anyone should have high expectations really. The selection was decent, a little something for everyone. There are online menus postes at allears.net if your interested. I was impressed with the quality and the price keeping in mind that we're in Disney. The desserts were great too! Be aware that it can get busy... which results in a line for food, line to pay, and little seating. I also found that depending on where your room was, by the time you walked back to your room after waiting in lines, your food was already cold.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I was there last October. Weather was great and so was the resort. The lines for buses were never long, probably because when they arrived, they were empty. The food court was always busy, but I bet we never waited longer than 3 minutes in line. And, the food selection is not too bad. There was always plenty of seating, but then maybe we never hit it at a super busy time. I arrive in 42 days for my next visit to POP and am looking into staying there again next year. I love the theming and kstella is correct...you could spend lots of time just wandering around looking at the theming.

danna

Upvote 0

Number_6

I haven't stayed there yet, but I will be there in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to see what area we get placed in. I'm hoping for the 80s, just because I love the Pac Man stuff on the building there. My family and I walked around POP one day when we were living in Orlando just to see it and thought it looked fantastic. We loved seeing the different pools that they have and all the cool stuff set at each of the buildings for the different themes. I'll let you know what I think of our stay, but I won't be able to comment on bus service as we'll be renting a car during our stay there.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

We're staying there in October, and I 've never stayed there before.
Just curious as to how the shuttle service is there. Does it take awhile to get anywhere?
For example, if we have dinner rez at Epcot, how long does it take to get there? Do the buses stop at any other resorts?

Also, how is the food there? I've heard alot of mixed opinions...

thanks!

In my opinion, POP is the best of the "value resorts"!
You're sure to have a fun time, if you remember to use common sense and bring a positive attitude!

Just like any major residential area, POP busses will be busy during morning and evening "rush hours". So will the dining area!

Do the busses "take awhile" to get anywhere? Well, that's pretty open to interpretation, but if 10-15 minutes is "awhile" to get to Epcot once you are on the bus, then YES! :lol: Otherwise, the service has always been pretty quick, with minimal waits for busses every time we stayed there. POP has it's own bus service and they do not stop at any other resorts.

The Food Court is very uniquely designed and well laid out compared to many others! There are a few things on the menu that are unique to the POP CENTURY theme that you are sure to enjoy, including "tie-dyed" cheesecake, which makes a tasty midnight snack! They also have the best mini pizzas of any other resort we have stayed at.

Be sure to take the advice above and check out all the pool areas and the awesome grounds and theming around the lake and the walkways!

You're gonna have a great time!

:wave:

Upvote 0
We stayed in March, during Spring Break and thought it was great. We didn't have any problems with the bus service either. In fact, one morning the bus going to Epcot had my family as the only passengers :)

Upvote 0

cabihler

my experiences at POP

okay my FAVORITE place to stay is Caribbean Beach hands down of ALL property resorts... with that said what with the higher rates at the moderates i have found myself staying at the values more and more. i last stayed at POP Century in June and at the Caribbean Beach in July. We had 2 rooms at POP for our group from June 8th thru 17th and then 1 room at CB from July 18th thru 25th. And i am going back to the POP from October 25th thru November 5th.

okay all that to show we have spent a lot of time at the resorts and obviously like the POP so well we spend a significant amount of time there. I DO NOT LIKE the OTHER all-stars primarily because of the bus situation. So understand that the bus situation at POP is about one of the best on all of the resort properties. it has already been pointed out that each park has its own queue line and it serves only POP and that park (note the Downtown Disney bus does stop at the water park going and coming). when the resort is packed you may have long lines to catch a bus (primarily for the park having extra magic hour, during the parks opening hours and around dinner time) but i have found it refreshing as compared to say Caribbean Beach where you have multiple bus stops on the property (which has been a downer when a packed bus pulls up for say epcot and you look at your kids when thy realize they are not getting on this bus). Now usually during these PEAK times disney is smart enough that they run extra buses so you do not have to wait too long for another bus if you are waiting in line.

as to the FOOD COURT.... my first impression when i stayed at POP for the first time back in february 2004 was WOW... multiple food stations with a wide variety of foods asian, italian, grill & sandwichs etc plus a lot A LOT of choices to choose from regarding snacks and soda and wines and beers etc.

the other on property recreation activities --- the variety of the pools (my grandkids LOVED the big water spray pool); the bar lounge which i really liked but not as much as i love the cabana bar at caribbean Beach ;-) and the arcade and just being able to walk with the family together around the property of a beautiful night ---- well it makes for an extraordinary family vacation. your vacation becomes to mean more than just the parks and the shopping.... it builds memories that your family will long cherish.

so to wrap this up ---- for a family on a budget in my opinion POP cannot be beat. and if you are rich and like to see your family entertained, fed and happy then still POP is a great treat. hope this was not too disney crazed. :wave:

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

I really like Pop Century! I have stayed at all four values, three of the moderates and one deluxe resort. IMHO, Pop has the best transportation! I love that it has a dedicated bus at all times. I like the theming at Pop. I like the food court but it can get downright crazy! We try to go as early as possible for breakfast. The Hippy Dippy pool is awesome. My kids LOVE the Goofy water jets too!
Have a great trip.

Upvote 0
We loved Pop! We've also stayed at AS movies and sports and Pop is our favorite value resort. We never really had any problems with the buses and we enjoyed the food court. The breakfast was a little iffy(the bacon and sausage weren't the best; I'd go for the pancakes and Pop Waffles), but other than that the food was tasty. I'd recommend Pop Century to just about anyone. The theming is fantastic and the Disney touch is definitely there. Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

I've stayed at ASMu and I thought the transporation there was good. Though, we went during off season. But this December we're going to Pop Century and we never been. The on the main reasons why we picked Pop was because of the transportation. I'm so excited! 125 more days!

Upvote 0

Theresonly1

I have been there there twice. as most have said, the bus system far surpasses the other values. I like the food court they do have lots of choice. I will most definately stay again, but the next time, I am getting perferred room again, I didn't think I would make to the room at the end of the day, let alone back to the FC for a drink. :) :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Turcicus

One thing to keep in mind - Pop Century is always busy. My wife and I stayed there last September, and while the parks were dead, Pop was crazy. However, the theming is cool and the food court is nice. One of the exclusive foods is one of the best on property - frozen Coke!!!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We stayed at POP last Dec. and will be staying there again this Dec. we loved the theming. the bus service is great. the food court can get a little hectic at times, but we went on off hrs. have to try the POP waffles. and the frozen coke. yum. I think you will like it. have a magical stay.........

Upvote 0

scpergj

We've stayed at the POP four times now...including the first weekend it was open. Since we drive, we didn't use the buses, but there were time that the bus stops did look a bit crowded. We did notice that at the parks the POP always had buses moving, sometimes two or three buses to the POP and one to Port Orleans.

As for the food court, the selection and prices weren't bad, but the deserts were really good! You MUST try the Twinkie Tiramisu - it was good - not great, but very interesting! I can only remember eating one lunch/dinner there, and they were ok. We did enjoy breakfast a few times. The waffles were really good, and we loved the sausage.

Kevin

Upvote 0

Ravenclaw87

I guess I have to be the dissenting opinion... I didn't like Pop all that much. I thought the Food Court was absolutely terrible, and that's saying a LOT because I'm in college and I eat pretty much whatever is thrown my way. The menu is the same every single night, and it just feels way too much like a bad cafeteria. (I didn't have that problem at POFQ though.) While the bus situation is fine, the bus stops at the resorts are terrible. I remember walking back from Epcot late one night and wanting to die because the bus stop was sooooo far away! Oh, and we had a handicapped room (for some unknown reason) and the bathroom was simply awful. The only thing separating the toilet from the shower head was a curtain, so the entire bathroom (and part of the carpet outside) flooded every time we used the shower.

Would we stay there again? Yes, of course--- the lobby decorations were cool (there were my little ponies!!!), and all of the huge figures make great photo-ops. And it's cheap. Would we EAT there again?? No way!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We have stayed there in 2005 & 2006, and loved it their. Both times we stayed in the same section...50's building. It wasn't far from the foodcourt at all. The theming is nice. There are no other resort stops, so that is always a plus. This year we will not be staying at Pop, but at POR. We wanted to try a resort that we haven't stayed at yet. But I would highly recommend Pop for the prices.

Upvote 0

Norm The Skull

Been there and doing it again

We stayed at PoP for the July 4th week 2 years ago.

The place was packed but we rarelly waited for anything. The bus service was great. The longest ride was 20 minutes to MK.

We loved this resort and will be going back in December. We can't wait.

But I would not stay at the 80"s building. You would be much closer staying in the 60's or first part of 70's. That would make you much closer to everything.(Lobby, Bus, Food court etc.)

But you can be sure of one thing. You will have a great time.

Have a Magical Time

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom