Ratatouille Roller Coaster

Disney MDACK

Original Poster
Has anyone heard about this...sorry if it has been posted before.

It is from Miceage.com 8/2/07

NEW! Ratatouille-themed clone of DSP’s Crush Coaster. The mostly-indoor Crush coaster at Disney Studios-Paris enjoys a great reputation and will be cloned at Pixar Place, likely with a Ratatouille theme. Earlier ideas included Monsters Inc. (specifically, the doors factory), but that appears shelved for now.

cb3k

Thanks for the info. The Incredibles still has my vote as "Pixar themed ride with most potential". And it is kind of a bummer that the ride system will simply be a clone, let's see something fresh!

hoppypooh

I find this really annoying. Ratatouille is a brand-new movie. There are many classics that don't have their own rides/attractions yet. Focus on those.

dave2822

I find this really annoying. Ratatouille is a brand-new movie. There are many classics that don't have their own rides/attractions yet. Focus on those.

It's going in "Pixar Place" though, and there is no doubt that section needs more than just TSM if MGM is really trying to make it an established land within the park. At least it's not going in MK, and at this point, MGM needs additions much worse. And at least it fits the theme.

awitelin

I'm all for new attractions, but I have to say I'm surprised by the Ratatouille theme. It was an adorable movie - but I expected a restaurant tie-in somewhere, naturally, not a roller coaster. :shrug: Ah well. I'm sure this will be good too.

dave2822

Anyone know where this attraction would be rumored to go?

Obviously I have some idea in my mind where it would generally go in the new "Pixar Place" area, but anybody know specifically?

dandaman

You could take the EE Yeti technology and have Skinner swipe at you whilst balanced on a kitchen mop. :lookaroun

jt04

My guess is it is going in the last empty soundstage on Pixar Place. Seems the building is large enough. Of course until ReDis confirms this rumor I am taking it with a grain of salt:lookaroun

cb3k

It's going in "Pixar Place" though, and there is no doubt that section needs more than just TSM if MGM is really trying to make it an established land within the park. At least it's not going in MK, and at this point, MGM needs additions much worse. And at least it fits the theme.
I completely agree...Although there are certainly "classics" out there that deserve more attention than what they are currently getting, MGM desperately needs to add attractions, and Pixar place DOES have a lot of potential.

Swoosh

Ah Man! ...and here I was hoping that they would use Ratatouille's theme as a new attraction in the France section at Epcot.

dave2822

My guess is it is going in the last empty soundstage on Pixar Place. Seems the building is large enough. Of course until ReDis confirms this rumor I am taking it with a grain of salt:lookaroun

(getting wicked lazy/greedy)

Where is that in relation to TSM (to the left of, the right of, etc) Does someone have a map?

dave2822

Oh and one other thing to add:

(from The Hollywood Reporter, covering the Disney press conference about its tremendous quarter results):

Disney CFO Tom Staggs also said that "Cars" merchandise is selling better than any merchandise based on a Disney movie since 1994's "The Lion King."

Deflecting criticism from an analyst who noted that the $200 million in domestic boxoffice for "Ratatouille" is disappointing relative to other Disney/Pixar movies, Iger said "it is going to be an extremely successful global property."

He said "Ratatouille" is being slowly released in international markets in order to stay out of the way of "Shrek the Third," from DreamWorks Animation SKG, and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," from Warner Bros. Pictures.

He also said that "Ratatouille" and whatever spinoffs it might spawn will have a long shelf life -- perhaps several decades -- as has been the case with "Peter Pan" and "The Little Mermaid."

Staggs also alluded to several more Pixar-based attractions coming down the pike at Disney theme parks, though he wasn't specific, and Iger was enthusiastic about international sales of DVDs based on TV shows.

"That's been really interesting in terms of growth potential," Iger said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom